insurance for under 18 flying solo
can anyone help please, we are flying out tomorrow to dalaman (inshallah) my younger brother has decided to join us in a couple of weeks. he will be flying out on his own then staying with us. we are having problems finding travel insurance that will cover a 16 year old flying solo. does anybody know? rest of family arent as clued up on travelling proceedures or using net (always had someone to do it for them) so any help will be much appreciated. If i do get any replies can i say 'thankyou' as i may not get chance to whilst sunning it up in turkey! but promise to give ya big thanks when i do get chance :48:

Peregrine

phone Directline - great company. They do a family annual insurance thats good value

oh, and check with the airline about the 16 year old travelling alone as some dont allow it (eg Easyjet I think)

lynne

Please check with your airline........ as couple of years ago my 16 year old could not fly without being in the company of an 18 year old or over.
Luckily a kind TLF member was coming with his family and arranged to meet her in UK airport and let her travel with them.

Ann58

Definately check as my 16 year olds booking with Thomas Cook had to be cross referenced with the family he is holidaying with so that he could fly. Otherwise 18 was the limit for flying alone.

I usually use atlasdirect on line for single travel insurance.

Hope this helps.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom