videomike

Insurance for new Villa
Can anyone tell me what insurance is normally arranged in Turkey for a new build 3-bed villa with pool.......just completed.

regards,
Mike

Sylvia

Insurance for new Villa
Hi Mike
we got ours through our estate agent 140.00 4 bed duplex that included contents 5,000.00

Sylvia

Insurance for new Villa
Sorry Mike just checked the 140.00 was for the winter maintenance, it was 180.00 Insurance building and contents

videomike

Insurance for new Villa
Thanks for that Sylvia..............What about any insurance for things relating to "public liability" e.g. when tradesmen, agents or guests are involved with anything relating to say an accident on your premises ??.....Does anyone think that this type of insurance is necessary for any reason ???

lorraine

Non Active Member
Insurance for new Villa
I am going to renew my house and contents insurance next week, going to scout around a bit to see if anyone can do a better deal, we are currently with 'Commercial union' there is a public liabilty clause in our current insurance, but not sure if this would cover rentals, I believe that some have put a clause of their own in their rental agreements (get out clause)
our insurance was (with out looking) last year approx 350ytl but we did over insure, put £10k contents and extra earthquake insurance to rebuild for far too much in Turkish terms, so now with a little more knowledge a year on will be looking for a good deal.
We got discount for living here all year, and having house fully security grilled, not going to be fobbed off this year.

Zena

Insurance for new Villa
Lorraine have you got insurance with an english company?

Thanks Zena
quote:Originally posted by lorraine

I am going to renew my house and contents insurance next week, going to scout around a bit to see if anyone can do a better deal, we are currently with 'Commercial union' there is a public liabilty clause in our current insurance, but not sure if this would cover rentals, I believe that some have put a clause of their own in their rental agreements (get out clause)
our insurance was (with out looking) last year approx 350ytl but we did over insure, put £10k contents and extra earthquake insurance to rebuild for far too much in Turkish terms, so now with a little more knowledge a year on will be looking for a good deal.
We got discount for living here all year, and having house fully security grilled, not going to be fobbed off this year.

Sylvia

Insurance for new Villa
lorraine
please keep us informed on the cost of your insurance, ours is due for renewal in Sept
Thanks

lorraine

Non Active Member
Insurance for new Villa
Zena, we have got our insurance in Fethiye and is attached to Commercial union on headed paper and has contact number for england, now i will have to drag these papers out and will try the contacts and see how close Uk is connected, bit hair brained at the moment, if i forget send me an email in bold and caps telling me to get my finger out!!...lol

Last edited:

lorraine

Non Active Member
Insurance for new Villa
OK. the deed has been done today! my mistake thought i had a few extra days, life in turkey is just one long sunday....lol

After trailing round trying to obtain quotes decided to stay where i was with Aviva, uk known as commercial union. the web site is www.avivasigorta.com you will be able to locate different countries and see the head office in london and also on FAQ see why they changed names fron Norwich Union to Commercial union now Aviva.

Dask (mandatory gov earthquake insurance) has increased to 83.60ytl per annum

My insurance decreased (1 yrs discount) from 375ytl to 326ytl. property size semi detached villa 100-130Sqm, residency, and security grills discount.

one of the extra covers is for 90,000 ytl earthquake,
Bina (yangin) Building ins (fire) 100,000ytl
Esya (eeshya) contents furniture etc..) 20,000ytl
komsuluk mali sorumluluk (basically cover if my property damages neighbours(ing) .......................120,000ytl
Hirsizlik (thieves, theft)...........18,000 ytl
Dahli su (inside water damage)........120,000ytl
sel ve su baskini (flood & water, sudden) 120,000ytl
enkaz kaldirma (bina)(debri removal) 5,000ytl

there are a few other items, one 12,000ytl for support acc whilst property is being repaired.

total cost for one year Dask and normal, 410.07ytl

Hope this is as clear as mud!

lorraine

Non Active Member
Insurance for new Villa
Just looking through the topics and thought of insurance for your home in Turkey.

Has anyone obtained their insurance and got anything more to add to this thread, companies used costings etc...

All info is helpful to new and old members alike.

shuey

Insurance for new Villa
hi peeps recently arranged our insurance through axa insurance in didim,cost 123 pounds and that included the dask earthquake insurance, the office is just past the migros supermarket, the other good thing is its all printed in english

merlin

Insurance for new Villa
Cant make any personal recommendation by Aksigorta have a website here all in English.

AkSigorta

As shuey already posted, its nice to see some contracts in English, proves they are making an effort in my opinion.

Merv!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom