Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojive

Been there,done that!!
Inserting pics on TLF :)
Hi Folks :couch2:
I was thinking about putting up a pic on here this morning...only of the sunrise this morning over my local bit of sky, Bournemouth Dorset :eek: nothing ground breaking I know and how many sunrises do you really need.... as you can witness them yourself out your very own window (well I hope you can and its not p##ing down where your hanging out at the minute).... anyway tinypics is no more:gossip: which well maybe I am a bit late to that party,I had used in past...
What I would like to know is whats the order of the day:hmm:now for putting up pics on here please I pray:angel: its not to complicated and free :peace:as Im not that great on the old computer..
Any help/advice appreciated thank you :) I will have some time on my hands a bit later I expect :couch2: so may well have a go at it...although at this minute feels like a rather daunting experience :fear: as it took me forever to suss the tiny pic way of doing it, what some may seem a very easy task, well to me as stated I feel a bit daunted..... so prove me wrong...let me know how simple it is :3: how do we go about this then?:hmm:
Back in a while :28:
Thanks in advance folks
Mo :blowkiss:

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
First of all, if the image is a photo you need to 'reduce' it. Adding large pictures will distort the page so that all posts on that page are difficult to read. If you are not sure how to reduce the size please ask, some geeky member will assist.
As to inserting image:-
Click on ‘post reply’ at the top NOT the bottom the TLF webpage
Click on the ‘paperclip’ icon
Click Browse
Find your image
Click ‘upload’
When uploaded close window
Click on the paperclip again, click on your image name
It will appear as Attach (number) Attach
Click submit reply

Camden

Hi Folks :couch2:
I was thinking about putting up a pic on here this morning...only of the sunrise this morning over my local bit of sky, Bournemouth Dorset :eek: nothing ground breaking I know and how many sunrises do you really need.... as you can witness them yourself out your very own window (well I hope you can and its not p##ing down where your hanging out at the minute).... anyway tinypics is no more:gossip: which well maybe I am a bit late to that party,I had used in past...
What I would like to know is whats the order of the day:hmm:now for putting up pics on here please I pray:angel: its not to complicated and free :peace:as Im not that great on the old computer..
Any help/advice appreciated thank you :) I will have some time on my hands a bit later I expect :couch2: so may well have a go at it...although at this minute feels like a rather daunting experience :fear: as it took me forever to suss the tiny pic way of doing it, what some may seem a very easy task, well to me as stated I feel a bit daunted..... so prove me wrong...let me know how simple it is :3: how do we go about this then?:hmm:
Back in a while :28:
Thanks in advance folks

hi go on the picture you want right click: and were it says press "save image" click it will download to a file ....come out and go to free site Postimage. You don't need to join

https://postimages.org/

When on it, it asks for size and expiration date ......put in 640x480 (message boards) for size .....and leave expiration as is .

Then press the "choose image shown" ... and a files box should appear on the left side of screen .. pick the saved picture image you have already downloaded and press open...it will download ....postimage will give you a choice, you pick "Hotlink for forums" highlight it in blue to copy like for your music videos ...then paste it on your post.

hope it helps.....

Last edited:
I've tried 5 times so far, and never succeeded so I will try again. Even with the help of other TLF ers. So, here goes nowt.

ted j

If you go here
https://imgbb.com/

Click "start uploading" and look on your computer for the picture you want , click it and it'll appear in a small box in the middle of the screen

click "upload " and wait for it uploading then alter embed codes to "BB Full linked"

in the box below full linked hover over on the right and "copy" will appear, copy that

come on here and paste, like this

Last edited:

juco

I maybe wrong but I believe that image is from 2013 from Bournemouth beach.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 117

Mojive

Been there,done that!!

OMG...... ok chose different pic as pic I wanted is on my phone and did this though laptop....so chose this one of Bmth beach looking over towards Old Harry rocks taken lord knows when cannot remember.....tried a couple of the suggested ways BUT got to be honest it was Camden explanation that worked for me.... dont know what I did wrong with the others...BUT I THANK YOU:roundgrin ALL:blowkiss:
plus what dont work for me has worked for others, so well done chaps:23:
Thank you so much :)

SLEEPY

Can some of our IT gurus advise how to post a you tube video that show a picture of the video rather than the link to the video.
Cheers

bickern

Can some of our IT gurus advise how to post a you tube video that show a picture of the video rather than the link to the video.
Cheers

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6CPFUhw1QY"]Google Translate Sings: The Beatles - YouTube[/ame]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= add code

h t t p s : / / w w w . y o u t u b e . c o m / w a t c h ? v = K 6 C P F U h w 1 Q Y

Use the first part up to = then change the code to the code shown on Youtube

things like &feature=emb_logo are not needed.

Last edited:

ted j

Good video Norman
I remember somewhere that Chinese didn't translate well at all into English
The phrase "Out of sight-out of mind" translated to "Invisible idiot"

Chasey

Good video Norman
I remember somewhere that Chinese didn't translate well at all into English
The phrase "Out of sight-out of mind" translated to "Invisible idiot"

This made my wife laugh (she's a Chinese English conference interpreter)

Other fun facts,

My name Mark translates into Ma Ku which means stubborn horse :)

I always smile when my wife introduces me to Chinese friends, this is my husband, Stubborn Horse :)

Worse still

My friend Pete wanted his name translated into Chinese so he could have some vinyl lettering made for his underwater dive scooter as he liked Chinese characters

My wife said not a good idea as Pee Terr in Chinese means Bad Wind (Fart)

I think if your name is Peter and you marry a Chinese, best to change your name be deedpoll :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom