Moggycat

? insect bite
The last couple of days I've had an awful throbbing headache, tummy not quite right, bit of nausea, I noticed after I had been clearing the garden a bit that there were two tiny punctures in a slightly red and swolen finger, suddenly wondered if the two could be connected and if anyone has any idea what could have bitten me to cause these symptoms. I was wearing gloves for most of the time. Moggycat

sasa

Pimp My Sasha!
? insect bite
Ooh Juco..you could've given a warning regarding that picture of tissue necrosis..

A career in nursing has given me some often repeated sights of this but i have to admit it really did turn my usually strong stomach!!

Moggycat..if you still are feeling those symptoms after a couple of days you def need to get yourself checked out. Dont delay..it maybe a snakebite or perhaps a virus, it maybe neither..but dont leave it to chance!

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
? insect bite
Could also be a centipede bite if there are 2 puncture wounds. Is there localised pain around the "bite" ?

There's also the chance that it could be an allergic reaction to a plant.

Clarecg

? insect bite
and does need checking out as like Sasa have also had a nursing career. Please get it checked.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
? insect bite
Do the John Wayne thing matey, heat up a knife, pour rot gut over your fingers, boil a bath of hot water and get loads of blankets. Cut out the offending bites from yer fingers, pour over more rot gut and set alight. Deliver triplets to Annie Oakley, as she expires and utters her last breath, get her to stop wasting time and suck the poison out.

Make a great script.

Get it looked at pronto.

Steve.

Moggycat

? insect bite
Thanks all for your replies. Glad to say the awful headache has now gone and tummy is feeling more settled. I did wonder about Centipede as we have seen them around, plenty of spiders as well, never seen a snake here in nearly 20 years, not to say that there isn't of course! The actual site of the bite on my finger is still a bit red and sore to touch, very locallised. Will certainly seek advice if it lingers on. I also had a long Nursing career. Moggycat

Clarecg

? insect bite
Good to hear that you're feeling better. Nurses - we're quick to hand out the advice but not so quick to seek help or be "good" patients!

Moggycat

? insect bite
Thanks, Very true, I think we are our own worst enemy really. My Husband got a poison snake bite last year, I soon whipped him off to the hospital and even then it took 6 months to heal, very nasty! Moggycat

? insect bite
Do the John Wayne thing matey, heat up a knife, pour rot gut over your fingers, boil a bath of hot water and get loads of blankets. Cut out the offending bites from yer fingers, pour over more rot gut and set alight. Deliver triplets to Annie Oakley, as she expires and utters her last breath, get her to stop wasting time and suck the poison out.

Make a great script.

Get it looked at pronto.

Steve.

Noooooooooo Join the Yakusa & cut your finger off :peace:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom