Marian

info required
hi to you all. i need some help please. i was called from the builders last week telling me my property is ready and can i pay them before completion on 31.5.09. i told them no. anyone else had this call.

anyway i need info on:
Travelling. airlines, hotels, transport.
Furniture: were to get items cheap but good?
Snagging what you you all done about this. did you get someone independant to carry this out.
any info would help thanks.

StevenSue

info required
Hi Marian, there are a lot of us had this call.
Some have paid but kept back 10% for snagging and until all legal work etc is completed.
As for shopping for furniture we are going out next week so will keep a look out. If you look on past messages on the forum there are some tips and advice from others who have completed this task.

Kind regards
Steve and Sue

info required
hi to you all. i need some help please. i was called from the builders last week telling me my property is ready and can i pay them before completion on 31.5.09. i told them no. anyone else had this call.

anyway i need info on:
Travelling. airlines, hotels, transport.
Furniture: were to get items cheap but good?
Snagging what you you all done about this. did you get someone independant to carry this out.
any info would help thanks.
Hi Marian,
We were out there last week, the complex is nearly finished. If you are looking for Furniture, we went to EFES on the main road through Altinkum, and Didim Perdi for curtains/nets and sun blinds. If you go to these, say we recommended you and they will give you a good price. Flights can be found on Expedia.com we got flights for £342 return middle of June for 2 people. If you need somewhere to stay during you stay the Militos Hotel in Altinkum is cheap and is clean and friendly. I would suggest doing your own snagging as your standards will reflect what finish you get on your Property, otherwise you will be reliant on someone elses tastes. We have withheld 10% of sale price until this is fully completed allow a week for the builders to complete your snagging as there are many others going out to do there snagging at the same time.

Regards Andrew and Carolyn

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
info required
Hi Marian Yes the Miletos Hotel is around £35 each for B&B i saw it on Travel Republic also flights to Izmir are approx £69 one way from manchester Thomas cook also do hotel only and sometimes it works out cheaper than a package So shop around I book one way incase i need to stay a bit longer Then get a one way back . A2B transfers are reasonable Theres a lot of hotels on the travel republic site Hope this is of some use THE £35 is for a week Not per Night [sorry ]

Last edited:

Madwife

info required
Hi Marian

Re the demand for payment; we're the same as most. Told them to get lost. Have witheld 10% for snagging, which we are doing ourselves. Agree, it's best to do it yourself.

We were told that our apartment was ready, but have a friend living in Akbuk who's keeping an eye for us and he told us that it definitely was NOT ready. Hmmmm

Furniture: there's no shortage of places, just avoid the real expensive ones like Bellona ( very nice, but................) We bought most at Kartalmobilya just outside Didim, you go out past the Temple site and it's about a mile on the left. Good price in the end, but it does take time - like 3 hours. Not like IKEA. By the way there is one of those in Izmir. I bought my curtains at Kartal too. They all seem to have similar designs, so I just took the easy option. The price was good, we got about a third off their aoriginal quote and then we kept adding odds and ends.

Flights - yes, shop around. We've got a couple of good deals through Travel Republic. But 2 days ago we were notified that the airline and times had changed; Not very good times at all now and this airline (Saga) lands at Gatwick after taking off from Manchester. So it makes the journey about 7 hours in total. (We're flying this morning at 8am)

Plenty of choice around for transfers. Another decent hotel is Orion Beach in Altinkum. About £15 a night B&B

That's about it from me.

Take care, Lynne

lartiste22

info required
Hello Marian,
Here some information which will be able to perhaps help you.
You make your choice, compare, decide and your decision will be the good one.
------
Hotel ORION, for me: of normal quality, far from the center town and tradehttp://www.icemtour.com/turkeyhotels/orion_hotel_didim_turkey.html
-------
KINGSCOURTHOTEL
Of the same quality due the ORION, advantages: close to the center town the owner is called ERSIN and been very sympathetic
KINGSCOURT HOTEL ALTINKUM
Vis-a-vis this Hotel: the restaurant “VALENTINE” that I suggest you
Valentine Restaurant Bar
--------
For furniture I propose to you
Engil Furniture
The service is impeccable and the reductions (if you discuss) important.
If you see less expensive (of the same quality elsewhere) they give the price to the same level.
---------
For your veils, hangings and mask sun, I suggest you:
DIDIM PERDE, of very good quality also.
----------
All the merchants deliver and install free their goods.
-------------
For your standard lamps, I invite you to go to see at EDISON, on the left DIDIM PERDE I wish you good luck
LARTISTE

Top Bottom