Info About DiDiM
Can you guys tell me little bit more about Didim please..

I know Bodrum and I wanted to buy a place there. Never been to Didim but price of a villa is the same amount as the apartments in Bodrum..

I like bodrum; it is lively, there is a cinema, theaters, concerts, loads of restaurants and bars and clubs. You can also go to Greek islands if you wish so. And you can also get away from it all in 15 minutes with a bus ride.

I though of buying a place in the peninsula and travelling to Bodrum center when ever I wanted.

Now, I have been looking at the properties in Didim and they also look interesting.

Is it nice live there??
What about during winter??
Where is the best place to live??

Tess

Info About DiDiM
Rudy and Aytun, lots of folks on the forum live in Didim, Altinkum, Mavisehir and Akbuk, someone will be along soon to tell you all about living there. I only holiday there which is not the same as living, but I have to say I love it. If you click into the banner above your post the one for Crescent Homes, they are a very well respected Estate Agents in town, with super recommendations and credentials.
Also if you go through the section for sale in members properties for sale, some good folks from this area have their properties for sale with all the necessary documentation needed. Good luck with your revision into this area.

maggie

Info About DiDiM
To be perfectly honest I would chose Bodrum Over Altinkum.

There is not really enough going on in Altinkum for my liking.

Bodrum has better facilities and in hindsight I do wish Id bought there,

Whilst I love Akbuk in the winter Altinkum and Didim are dead,

Hugs Maggiexxx

B

biskit4444

Info About DiDiM
To be perfectly honest I would chose Bodrum Over Altinkum.

There is not really enough going on in Altinkum for my liking.

Bodrum has better facilities and in hindsight I do wish Id bought there,

Whilst I love Akbuk in the winter Altinkum and Didim are dead,

Hugs Maggiexxx

fully agree.

Info About DiDiM
Thank you guys, I have made my mind up...
Bodrum it is...
BTW not just because of what you guys and private messages I have received about this topic but I made my research as well..
;-)

Tess

Info About DiDiM
Rudy and Aytun if you have the time to spare I was thinking it would be good for you to say hire a car and do some driving around the different areas and make a judgement from there.
You are in such an ideal situation in that you are not committed and it might be good to travel and see what the different areas have to offer.

Info About DiDiM
We are hiring a car Tess, that is what we wanted to do, go around and see which village suits us the best..

BTW do you guys do events?? monthly meet up or something like that!!

jakkigers

Eccleston/Konacik
Info About DiDiM
Hi Rudy & Aytun, I think you're making the right choice looking at Bodrum 'cos it does keep going throughout the year, even though some places do close down. Our house is about 10 minutes from Bodrum at the back of Gumbet near the Universal Hospital in a Turkish area so it's occupied all year round. Even then, you can certainly notice the difference between being there "in season" and out of it.

We did a lot of travelling around the Bodrum peninsula before we bought our house - you may be the same as us. We looked at lots of houses but as soon as we walked into the one that we've bought, we just knew it was for us.

"BTW do you guys do events?? monthly meet up or something like that!!"

That sounds good. I know that there have been some in the past but have never been there when they've been on. Now that I'm retiring at the end of March and will be able to spend more time in Turkey, I'm hoping that there will be something. Maybe we will meet at some point, along with other TLFers. It would be good to meet others who have houses in Turkey and maybe swap handy tips, etc. Our neighbours are all great but they're Turkish so there is a bit of a language barrier.

JAK xx

shazyboy

Info About DiDiM
I have bought in Altinkum. I come here to holiday twice a year.As a holiday maker i don't have any regrets buying in Altinkum. In my opinion the sandy beaches here in Altinkum are far better than bodrum. We have water sports,We have a catermaran going from Altinkum to Kos during the summer perioud and also will start samos island this year. We have our own water park, we have private beaches for those who like a quiet and peacful day at the beach.We have Mavishire(which most people describe it as a peacful heaven) and is more traditional compare to main Altinkum. We have Sahte Cennet which is a fantastic place to go out and eat and to party with breath taking views.
Here the link
Altinkum Voices Voices Newspaper Altinkum Didim Turkey - Sahte Cennet: Creating a fake heaven and a trademark for Didim
We have many bars and clubs in with great sea view and is very busy during peak season, We have live bands playing traditional turkish music through the night, We have concerts and beach parties on the beach,we are spoilt for choice when it comes to restaurants,Indian,Chinese,Greek,Traditional turkish food, and much more.

Last edited:

jewel

Info About DiDiM
And we now have the Marina,albeit in its early stages !!! however what we dont have in my opinion is enough nationalitys, we need some French,German,Swiss,etc to give more of an international feel. jewel x

Latest Posts

Top Bottom