Hill

Inflatable Motor Boat
Hi there!

I've bought a nice property around Belek, close to golf courses, on a river bank. The sea is around 5 km down the river. There is a big boat that goes from our villas to the sea, twice a day... But it is available from 15th of May until 15th of September, only. (I have swimmed on 1st of December this year, so I think that their 'season' is kind of short!)

Besides, I hate the schedule (when I am taking a rest) and that after captains call, we need to dress and rush to the boat.

So I am thinking about byuing an inflatable boat with 9.9 hp engine. I have heard that no license is needed for this kind of boat. Is it correct?

Why inflatable? Because I am not living there all the time, and I don't want to pay the 'parking' fee during the months I am not here. When not needed, I can deflate it and put into storage room.

And couple of more questions:

1. Am I insane to buy an inflatable boat for such use in a river?
2. Am I correct that no license is needed. (I don't have any.)
3. I haven't had any motor boat experience, is it hard to start using without some kind of guru near (reading the manual only)?
4. Where to buy it? I have seen 3 shops in Lara, Antalya selling that kind of boats. Shall I just go there and buy hard-looking boat + Honda/Yamaha motor? (How much discount should I ask for?)
5. What is the speed of inflatable boat with such motor?
6. 2-stroke or 4-stroke?
7. Have I forgotten to ask somethin?

Thanks, and if there is a better forum to ask there (fishing forum?)- let me know please

Andy

Inflatable Motor Boat
First of all Welcome to The Turkish Living Forum.

Unfortunatly i think this is the wrong type of forum to ask these questions.

So if anyone can put you in touch with another forum please PM Hill.

Andy

RIK

Inflatable Motor Boat
Hill, I live in Lara and my friend sells this type of craft.I didn't go into all the Tech.questons but complete with small motor, pump and all bits and pieces he told me about 900 TL.This sounds cheap to me so on reflection he may have meant Euro's.You need to get on your bike and Pedal up here.

Ian

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Inflatable Motor Boat
You are correct, I think, that the lower HP rating does not require a CaptainĀ“s licence - but I thought it was 9.5HP - any shop will advise you.

Wear a life jacket.

Ian

Hill

Inflatable Motor Boat
Thanks to Andy for a welcome greeting!

And thanks to immac for warning! :)

Hill, I live in Lara and my friend sells this type of craft.I didn't go into all the Tech.questons but complete with small motor, pump and all bits and pieces he told me about 900 TL.This sounds cheap to me so on reflection he may have meant Euro's.You need to get on your bike and Pedal up here.
Great, I may need it. Please PM me the phone of your friend. (Speaks English?) And Lara is OK, not far away.

It's better to be over the Hill than under it.
LOL

Latest Posts

Top Bottom