MissLisa

inexpensive laptop?
Hi All:

I'm also posted this in the cheapskates section - I am interested in knowing where in the Side/Manavgat area one can purchase an inexpensive used laptop computer. Does Turkey have pawnshops? How much might a used laptop cost and where could one purchase one?

Thanks,
Miss L

Andywebb

inexpensive laptop?
MissLisa said:
Hi All:

I'm also posted this in the cheapskates section - I am interested in knowing where in the Side/Manavgat area one can purchase an inexpensive used laptop computer. Does Turkey have pawnshops? How much might a used laptop cost and where could one purchase one?

Thanks,
Miss L

Just remember no matter where you get your cheap laptop in Turkey it will have a Turkish keyboard.

Forgot to add, do'nt forget a laptop can never be wiped clean of the past owner, be sure what you are buying when second hand.

Andy

Last edited:

biggles

biggles
inexpensive laptop?
too true ,you dont want no mucky web sites on there ,and i should imagine the only safe way is to put it in a dustbin chuck petrol on it and burn it . buy a cheap new uk one .

turtle-webs

inexpensive laptop?
Get a cheap UK one rather than 2nd hand and you'll probably save money.

As far as wiping a laptop you can do it if you know what you're doing and if you want to make really sure you can always put a new Hard disk in at a relatively low cost.

But anyway getting new in the UK will be cheaper, English keyboard, English OS and much less hassle.

MissLisa

inexpensive laptop?
Thanks very kindly. I'm not in the UK, however. Where would the least expensive place in Turkey to get one at a reasonable price?

L

turtle-webs

inexpensive laptop?
MissLisa said:
Thanks very kindly. I'm not in the UK, however. Where would the least expensive place in Turkey to get one at a reasonable price?

L
Izmir or Istanbul would be the cheapest. Yesterday we looked around some of the computer shops near the Hilton in Izmir and the prices were shockingly low compared with what I've seen in other areas. There are many things priced less than places like TeknoSA.

biggles

biggles
inexpensive laptop?
turtle-webs said:
Izmir or Istanbul would be the cheapest. Yesterday we looked around some of the computer shops near the Hilton in Izmir and the prices were shockingly low compared with what I've seen in other areas. There are many things priced less than places like TeknoSA.
this is probably the reason my turkish friend wants me to bring him a £300 laptop from uk as unless you go all the way to a big city prices are high in the suburbs ,and he cannot spare the time or money to travel to istanbul or ankara.................

turtle-webs

inexpensive laptop?
Even in the cheaper shops you'll be hard pushed to find anything for £300 and if you do it won't match the spec of £300 laptops in the UK. The laptop I've got my eye on is (cheapest) 2400ytl in Turkey £749 in the UK. I'll end up getting it here because I can taksit it here which I can't in the UK but it still makes me sick the price difference and at that price I want to be able to use the warrenty if I need to.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom