Indian Kebaps
Hi

Heres my recipe for Nargis Kebaps its an indian kebap which is a starter traditionally but you can have a couple for a main meal, its a sort of indian scotch egg.

500g Lamb mince
1 tsp Salt
Half tsp Pepper
1 tsp Ground Corinader
1 tsp Ground Cumin
Chilli to taste fresh or powdered
4 Hard boiled Eggs

Simply mix the lamb and all the spices well in a bowl and divided into four, roll the mince into a ball and flattern, put the egg in the middle and bring the sides up around it then sort of squash it in your hands until all the meat is around the egg (like a scotch egg).

Put on a baking tray and bake at about 180 for about 20 mins or until the meat is cooked through.

Serve with shredded lettuce, tomato and cucumber, and mints sauce made with greek yougurt slightly watered down, a spoonful of mint sauce and a spoonful of sugar.

These can be turned into a healthy meal if you swap the lamb for mince Turkey or chicken, not quite the same flavour but still really good.

Jane

sasa

Pimp My Sasha!
Indian Kebaps
Hi Jane,

This recipe sounds great and am eager to try.

However, i am victim to Him Indoors' seemingly Turkish aversion to purchase an oven (he and many of our Turkish friends feel it uneccessary and i should cope perfectly fine with a hob to cook on...huh??)

Anyway, my question is..can i do this recipe avoiding the oven baking part? Perhaps i can deep fry them or will they just fall apart?

Indian Kebaps
Yes you could fry them, I think they would be best put in the fridge for an hour or so to stop them falling apart, and perhaps have about a 1cm of oil in the frying pan and brown them all over, this should ensure the meat is cook through.

Off course you could deep fry them as you would a scotch egg.

Actually I saw the Hairy Bikers making these on their programme the other week and they covered them in sesame seeds and deep fried them.

Jane

Last edited:

sasa

Pimp My Sasha!
Indian Kebaps
Thanks Jane for that,

...actually covering them in sesame seeds then deep fry sounds an excellent idea and i think will go down well with many a Turkish palate!!

Indian Kebaps
As well as sesame seeds what about coating them with bulgar and deep frying them (very turkish) for an extra crunchy coating.

Oh I am on a roll now the gastric juices are flowing. lol

Jane

Latest Posts

Top Bottom