merlin

Indi Bindi....
Last night went out with some friends and seeing we were inevitably gonna end up on the Raki decided to leave the car at home and use the Dolmus.

My friends are English and are over here on a weeks holiday.

When we got on the dolmus, my friend insisted on paying the driver and immediately paid for the three of us. He handed over 6YTL and got 0.75YTL change.

The restaurant we were going to was less than 1km from my place and I was suprised that my friend (who has travelled here many times) did not realise that the "indi bindi" (short hop) rate would apply for our journey cutting the charge by half.

It then struck me that maybe most tourists were not aware of the reduced rate as the advert is always in Turkish and the driver is more than happy to take the full rate.

So, next time you are using the dolmus on a short hop - dont forget Indi Bindi!

Merv!
;)

Anne

Indi Bindi....
So how do you tell the driver this is what you want?
We constantly use the dolmus for less than 1km
Anne (not a skinflint btw lol)

merlin

Indi Bindi....
Its not a question of being a skinflint - the rates are standard. Just offer him the exact money for the Indi Bindi rate and he will almost certainly query it - when he does, just say "Indi Bindi"

Merv!

Postscript.... All Dolmus drivers are required to display their charges in open view - next time you get a dolmus, have a look at the tarrif and you will see Indi Bindi on the card.;)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom