Gill

independent travel article about cirali
Good article but a shame the secret is out!

First went to Cirali 10 years ago - was supposed to be a short stop on the way to Alanya ( a place we remembered from 1974).
Never made it back to Alanya - got "sucked in" and Cirali remains a famiy favourite -especially the Aygun pansiyons -Ramazan at the grand and his brother Dogan next door.

Haven't been there for a couple of years - hope it hasn't changed much!!

Gill

cirali

Hi, here is another older article about Cirali. With the below link you can read the entire article.

http://www.turks.us/article.php?story=20030521135331391

''SCIENTISTS have reduced the scenic splendours of the world’s most beautiful beaches to a mathematical formula. Their conclusions may lack the poetry of the finest travel writing, but for the first time it is possible to make direct comparisons between widely differing stretches of coastline anywhere in the world.

The three-year research project, which was led by Allan Williams, Professor of Environmental Science at the University of Glamorgan in Wales, broke down the landscape into 28 elements, from the colour of the sand to the height of cliffs and the amount of litter on the beach.

The results are weighted according to a complex formula which rates the beach on a scale of one to five. Sixty beaches in the three countries were assessed. ''

And yes it has not changed all that much over the years. I have also lived in the Cirali area and Antalya area for the past 10 years.

Attachments

• P7160194.jpg
    P7160194.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Andy

A great read guys but where exactly is Cirali.

2hrs from Antalya in which direction.

Thanks

Andy

bryan

Andy

Its about 50 miles South-West of Antalya. Along the coast road from Antalya heading t0wards Fethiye, you pass Kemer (expensive modern resort popular with Russians and Germans) and then a little gem of a place called Phaselis (Roman ruins right beside beach, but not much else), then Cirali (a turn off the main road through a winding valley). Then continuing round the coast towards Fethiye you come to Demre (Kale) - the home town of St. Nicholas, and then Kekova, Kas, Kalkan and Patara. Kas and Kalkan are both very attractive little harbour towns, and Patara has superb beach - but used to be plagued with mosquitoes - haven't visited for a few years, and in places the coast road used to be a bit hairy, but a very interesting stetch of coast - well worth exploring.

cirali

Hi all, Cirali is located 80kms southwest from Antalya on the Antalya- Kas highway. About 1 and a half hours drive. In the last couple of years the roads south from Antalya up until almost Cirali have been widen and improved making travelling a lot easier. If you need specific driving or bus directions let me know.

Andy

Thanks Bryan & Cirali. The more i read the more i like,
I will print these off for future references.

Thanks for spending time to reply.

Andy

Marc

Cirali,

Whats cirali like out of season? I am thinking of a family trip end of november, are there places still open?

cheers

Marc

cirali

Cirali is pretty much like a lot of similar smaller resort areas in the winter. Yes there are still places opened with a few restaurants on the beach front. Pretty quiet however but on a nice sunny day a great place to spend time with the family on nature walks. Of course the Olympos ruins do not close nor does the Chiemera site. For more info about Cirali have a look at this web-site http://www.cirali.org/index_eng.html

I can recommend Orange Motel and Kibala acommodations that are opened all year round and are great for families. During that time of year you can pretty much just show up and find acommodations. If you have any other specific questions feel free to PM me.

rüya

If you'd like a quick glimpse of Cirali and the Olympos ruins from the comfort of your own home just log on to www.cirali-online
Click on the tab that says Olympos and then click on the 360 Panorama which appears in the black bar.
Your computer will need to have Active X ( or you will be prompted to download it).
Once it's downloaded you can spend as long as you like taking a virtual tour of Cirali. I'd much rather be there in person but this is possibly the next best thing!

cirali

Hi for all of you who like to read these articles about Cirali here are 2 new one for you !!!

For all of you in Fethiye you may have read this one.

Take a Look at Turkey – The Chimaera
Friday, 23 March 2007

http://www.fethiyetimes.org.uk/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=854&Itemid=75

and From the Times On Line January 14, 2007

The top 20 beach holidays - Whether you want surf, sunbathing or scenery, Mark Hodson has found your perfect stretch of sand. Listing Cirali and Olu Deniz in the top 20 beach hoilday locations.

http://travel.timesonline.co.uk/tol...beach/article1292126.ece?token=null&offset=12

Happy reading

Latest Posts

Top Bottom