uncle fester

Senior Member.
Immigrants confuse Milas for Greece.
The ten Iraqi immigrants who tried to reach the shores of Greece on an inflatable boat provided by human traffickers ended up in Milas. The immigrants heading in the direction shown by the organisers had abandoned the boat, scared by the Greek Guard Coast 300 meters behind them. They started swimming towards Toprak Island hoping that they had reached Greece. Teams from the Milas District Jandarme responded, following the tip off of unusual activity on the island, and found the exhausted immigrants. The fugitives had thrown their passports into the sea frightened by the Greek Coast Guard teams. They were later taken by the Jandarme to the 75th Year Milas State Hospital for a health check up. The immigrants, stating that they had fled the country with the hope of finding a better future abroad, will be deported back to Iraq following routine procedures. The investigation into the incident is ongoing.:gathering

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
The ten Iraqi immigrants who tried to reach the shores of Greece on an inflatable boat provided by human traffickers ended up in Milas. The immigrants heading in the direction shown by the organisers had abandoned the boat, scared by the Greek Guard Coast 300 meters behind them. They started swimming towards Toprak Island hoping that they had reached Greece. Teams from the Milas District Jandarme responded, following the tip off of unusual activity on the island, and found the exhausted immigrants. The fugitives had thrown their passports into the sea frightened by the Greek Coast Guard teams. They were later taken by the Jandarme to the 75th Year Milas State Hospital for a health check up. The immigrants, stating that they had fled the country with the hope of finding a better future abroad, will be deported back to Iraq following routine procedures. The investigation into the incident is ongoing.:gathering

god thats such a shame for them! all that effort just to end in failure! must be awful feeling!

Clarecg

and how much of their scrimped and saved for money have they now lost to the traffickers in their desperate attempt??

Harem

I've cliqued
How true. It probably cost them a fortune which they have now lost and what have they to go back to??

PASH

I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean, but Iraqi's don't get asylum here.

I think what he means is that they would just need to shout political asylum or brutal treatment and they would probably get to stay as we are a bit of a soft touch??

zozatky

Samos get an average of 25 Illegals a day from Turkey. Moved by Turkish people smugglers at a cost of $ 1400 each. Samos has a mini Sangat with 500 detaines others include Lesvos & Chios in this area. Most areas are within 10 Nm distance. They throw there papers away so as to claim Asylum but the EU have an organisation formed in Poland to combat this problem. With various skills IE Skin & facial . Language experts asking Questions about the country they are supposed to be fleeing from this one usualy catches them out unlles they have done their homework Ect Ect. As for the uk well they will need a very big group of experts with the many different Migrant groups there .My thoughts on that subject are not for print Old School values.

I think what he means is that they would just need to shout political asylum or brutal treatment and they would probably get to stay as we are a bit of a soft touch??

Interestingly looking at the number of asylum seekers per 100,000 of the population the UK has 4.5 which puts us well below Cyprus (37.5) as well as Malta, Sweden, Austria, Switzerland, Norway, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Greece, Belgium and even the good old US of A (5.5).

Firebrand

But the fact is that the UK doesn't offer asylum to Iraqis as we consider Iraq to be a 'safe' country.

PASH

That may be the case in 2009 but throughout the last ten years we have offered a safe haven to many Iraqis that fled persecution from Saddam etc. Alot played the Saddam card througout the last 10 years and have been allowed to stay in the Uk, i do admit, a number have returned after the fall of Saddam.

As for the uk well they will need a very big group of experts with the many different Migrant groups there .My thoughts on that subject are not for print Old School values.

The experts from Frontex are checking to see if the asylum seekers are from official war zones and thus entitled to claim asylum. So their expertise is in identifying people from those areas deemed war zones by the EU. Which is the same in the UK as in Greece. So they would need the same sized group of experts, wouldn't they?

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom