enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Idiot of the week
My nomination for this week. What a plonker and a former plod one at that. Bet he was a boss?
I have news for him. The airport has been there for more than 5 years and it is inevitable that with passenger demand rising flights will be coming in later and going out earlier.
This bloke is probably one of those who commented that building Windsor Castle underneath the flight path to Heathrow was daft !

Is he a local or a imagrant to the area. But don't worry if he asks nicely they will move it 10mile down the road.

MJL

Idiot of the week
Is he a local or a imagrant to the area. But don't worry if he asks nicely they will move it 10mile down the road.
Moved to the area 5 years ago, but the poor chap has just had 2 years of very few flights, and all those inconsiderate holidaymakers going away for their first well needed holiday are ruining his retirement! 🤣😂😭🤪

Mushroom

Idiot of the week
If they moved it 10 miles along to the East to Church Fenton, where it really ought to be, that would be great, although the locals there have already objected to the idea, even though it used to be an RAF base.

Maisie

Idiot of the week
A few years ago I had a friend who lived on a very busy dual carriageway. One day, a temporary bus stop appeared outside their house. They asked the workmen why and were told that this was to mark the position of a new permanent bus stop. As the buses on this road are double deckers, they realised that people on the top floor of the bus would be able to look into their bedroom.

Once it got dark, my friend's husband snuck out and moved the temporary stop two doors away. The permanent stop was subsequently installed at this 'new' point. She told me that the bus stop had had a marked effect on the value of the house where the permanent stop was installed.

Maisie

Mushroom

Idiot of the week
We are on the flight path often selected for incoming flights regularly, and yes, even though as the crow flies we are more than 10 miles away, we hear them as they are descending and throttling back a bit.
We also have noise from the M62, a mile away when the wind is coming from that direction.
We've lived there for 37 years and I still wouldn't want to be in the media for complaining about things which were present before we ever moved in.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Idiot of the week
My nomination for this week. What a plonker and a former plod one at that. Bet he was a boss?
I have news for him. The airport has been there for more than 5 years and it is inevitable that with passenger demand rising flights will be coming in later and going out earlier.
This bloke is probably one of those who commented that building Windsor Castle underneath the flight path to Heathrow was daft !

Shame that Concorde does'nt fly there anymore.......now that was noisy.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Idiot of the week

Surgeons remove 50 batteries from 66-year-old woman​

Extract:
A 66-year-old woman had 50 cylindrical batteries removed from her stomach and colon by surgeons at St Vincent’s Hospital in Dublin, a new case report has revealed.

She had also passed five AA batteries shortly after admission, bringing the total number ingested in an apparent act of deliberate self-harm to 55 – which the doctors believe to be a record.

An x-ray performed following the patient’s presentation at the hospital’s emergency department showed “multiple batteries” located throughout her abdomen, according to the case report published in this month’s Irish Medical Journal.

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Idiot of the week

Surgeons remove 50 batteries from 66-year-old woman​

Extract:
A 66-year-old woman had 50 cylindrical batteries removed from her stomach and colon by surgeons at St Vincent’s Hospital in Dublin, a new case report has revealed.

She had also passed five AA batteries shortly after admission, bringing the total number ingested in an apparent act of deliberate self-harm to 55 – which the doctors believe to be a record.

An x-ray performed following the patient’s presentation at the hospital’s emergency department showed “multiple batteries” located throughout her abdomen, according to the case report published in this month’s Irish Medical Journal.
That's why she was a bright spark.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Idiot of the week

Rollerblader tackled to ground after turning corner into path of King Charles​

Extract:
A rollerblader who turned a corner at full speed only to be greeted by King Charles’ motorcade and police officers was tackled to the ground last night.

The incident in London’s Parliament Square saw the man seemingly evade security until he was within feet of the new monarch’s vehicle.

At least five officers jumped in to detain the man, as the King drove by at around 7.40pm.

The man, who was wearing at least one headphone, was floored and held on the ground by officers.

Footage shows police shouting at the man and whistling as he heads down the road.

He appears to slow down as he sees the motorcade, before being unceremoniously grabbed by police.

Mushroom

Idiot of the week
I have to nominate my neighbours two doors up.
This is the scenario - start of June this year they bought a £70,000 one year old motorhome, and very nice indeed.
To date, fast approaching the end of September, it has been out for 2 nights, then another 2 nights, then were supposed to do 9 nights last month in Scotland but they were back after 5.
The reason for the short break in Scotland was that they were using sites that were not within easy distance of towns or amenities (something the boss would adore as she hates people when not at work) and could have been done with cycles as it already has cycle racks on the rear but methinks the lady of the house cannot ride one.
A dusk is now at about 7pm and the temps are falling.
There is little chance of them going anywhere now until spring as this lovely motorhome was bought to impress but they don't know what to do with it.
By my calculations at this cost of living crisis, the standing costs and depreciation alone, before even putting a gallon of diesel in it, when putting all the costs together, then adding the lost interest on the capital sum for the average of 3 years ownership equates to about £130 per WEEK to sit on their drive.
The lady of that household is - to put it simply, well simple.

MJL

Idiot of the week
I have to nominate my neighbours two doors up.
This is the scenario - start of June this year they bought a £70,000 one year old motorhome, and very nice indeed.
To date, fast approaching the end of September, it has been out for 2 nights, then another 2 nights, then were supposed to do 9 nights last month in Scotland but they were back after 5.
The reason for the short break in Scotland was that they were using sites that were not within easy distance of towns or amenities (something the boss would adore as she hates people when not at work) and could have been done with cycles as it already has cycle racks on the rear but methinks the lady of the house cannot ride one.
A dusk is now at about 7pm and the temps are falling.
There is little chance of them going anywhere now until spring as this lovely motorhome was bought to impress but they don't know what to do with it.
By my calculations at this cost of living crisis, the standing costs and depreciation alone, before even putting a gallon of diesel in it, when putting all the costs together, then adding the lost interest on the capital sum for the average of 3 years ownership equates to about £130 per WEEK to sit on their drive.
The lady of that household is - to put it simply, well simple.
My mum and dad opted for a caravan, they said what’s the point of a motorhome as you can’t get around once you’ve parked up on a campsite ! Tell your neighbour I’ll give the £100 for it! 🤣😂

Mushroom

Idiot of the week
My mum and dad opted for a caravan, they said what’s the point of a motorhome as you can’t get around once you’ve parked up on a campsite ! Tell your neighbour I’ll give the £100 for it! 🤣😂
My prediction is that they will sell it within a year. Crazy purchase for non use. We know of other people who are enjoying them, but they bought to enjoy, not to try and impress. Daft thing .... Nobody is impressed !

429nufc

Idiot of the week
I always fancied buyingamotorhome and driving round the med.
It never happened but I met a couple who did it by yacht every couple of years or so.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom