Maisie

Idiot of the week
Very funny. But it not the mouse's fault that he/she was born a mouse. I would imagine that everyone's reaction would be the same, although not perhaps with the screaming!

I have got a bit blase about mice. They come into my house (somehow) and I try, mostly unsuccessfully, to catch them with traps. Okay if they go head first into the traps. I do, though, find it quite unsettling when the trap catches just one leg. The mouse cries. When this happens, I pick up the trap and mouse with a 'grab' stick, carry them outside and dump them in a bucket of water. I must say that I usually apologise to the creature on the way to the bucket!

Maisie

Chasey

Idiot of the week

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Idiot of the week

Camden

Idiot of the week

The Idiots... aimed a laser at the firefighting helicopter putting the flight and piolets at risk

A laser was fired at the helicopter, which was on patrol for the fire. Those moments were caught on a cell phone camera. ( shown in link )

The laser was shone at a patrolling fire control Helicopter from the Bodrum district of Muğla. forestry Commission .

It happened in Göltürkbükü, 3 days ago, a fire extinguishing helicopter Directorate of Forestry (OGM), stationed at Bodrum-Milas Airport, was patrolling for fires at night.

Maisie

Idiot of the week
Ever thought of giving a cat a good home Maisie ? Might solve your mouse problem.
I had two cats for many years. The first was a huge moggy named Sooty who weighed nearly two stone of solid muscle. Somewhere I have a photo of Dave holding him, legs and head right out over one arm and the hind quarters hanging over Dave's other arm - big cat!

The other was normal sized cat who Sooty brought home as he was in need of a lot of care and nurturing, a stray we named Boo-Boo. When Sooty died, both me and his friend were inconsolable. Boo-boo had a stroke about six weeks later. Dave said he would never allow me to have another cat. It took me years to get over this. Neither cat had inclinations towards mice. Sooty used to chase and unfortunately catch birds. Boo-Boo just wanted to stay indoors. I like the idea, but couldn't go through that again.

Sorry - off topic.

Maisie

Mushroom

Idiot of the week
Today, I nominate whoever was in charge of a proper fiasco yesterday evening on behalf of HW Martin Traffic Management at the M1/M62 interchange where they closed the entry slip road to M62 East and with their short diversion sent us West for just one junction in order to turn around and head back East.
Sounds simple and it should be, but when everyone was sent West, the carriageway was then closed for 3 out of 4 lanes leading to a static tailback of about 2 miles which took us 1 hour to resume our journey.
To further insult us, the 3 lanes closed were done at least a mile before any other road works were being tended to that evening, so filtering was not possible nearer to the intended exit and everyone was left to look at a coned off section of 3 lanes on the motorway, with sod all happening.
Having been on the return trip from LBA, had there been suitable advanced signage, I would have made an alternative route, but no, the information was given too late.
As HW Martin according to their website are "Experts" in Traffic Management, I have e-mailed them to congratulate them on causing such needless hassle and as I note they are recruiting, I have suggested that they should be adding another vacancy - that of the idiot who arranged last nights containment of traffic when it could have been done much better. I daresay, the fire service might already have been in touch, together with the ambulance service as both were affected.
I have suggested that they save time by not responding with a pre-formatted response but devote time to training up their people properly instead.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Idiot of the week
Today, I nominate whoever was in charge of a proper fiasco yesterday evening on behalf of HW Martin Traffic Management at the M1/M62 interchange where they closed the entry slip road to M62 East and with their short diversion sent us West for just one junction in order to turn around and head back East.
Sounds simple and it should be, but when everyone was sent West, the carriageway was then closed for 3 out of 4 lanes leading to a static tailback of about 2 miles which took us 1 hour to resume our journey.
To further insult us, the 3 lanes closed were done at least a mile before any other road works were being tended to that evening, so filtering was not possible nearer to the intended exit and everyone was left to look at a coned off section of 3 lanes on the motorway, with sod all happening.
Having been on the return trip from LBA, had there been suitable advanced signage, I would have made an alternative route, but no, the information was given too late.
As HW Martin according to their website are "Experts" in Traffic Management, I have e-mailed them to congratulate them on causing such needless hassle and as I note they are recruiting, I have suggested that they should be adding another vacancy - that of the idiot who arranged last nights containment of traffic when it could have been done much better. I daresay, the fire service might already have been in touch, together with the ambulance service as both were affected.
I have suggested that they save time by not responding with a pre-formatted response but devote time to training up their people properly instead.
Eee -by-gum. Ain't life grand in 'Gods own county'

Mushroom

Idiot of the week
I don't know what it is about Norfolk, getting drunk and ending up utilising a motor vehicle but I once got called to the services at Knottingley on a Sunday morning where a lorry driver had taken a peek into his curtainsided artic trailer after a very early am drive from Norfolk.
His trailer had a drunken passenger who had no idea how he had got there, but he lived in Norfolk and even sobering up sounded pissed.
Biggest problem for him was that whilst there was no suggestion of any criminal intent, he had spent several hours laid in a load of onions and just for good measure had wet himself.
No way was he going to cadge a lift to the nearest station (Doncaster) in my car to make his trek home.
I sorted him a taxi and left, wondering what expletives his driver would be giving?

Camden

Idiot of the week

Three-year-old Turkish boy dies in hot car 'after his father left him for half an hour in 37C heat' to go for a drink with his brother

A three-year-old toddler has died after his dad left him in a baking hot car while he went off to drink tea with his brother in the southern Turkish city of Adana

Latest Posts

Top Bottom