Maisie

Idiot of the week
That irresponsible behaviour could have ended differently. He was lucky that the rocket 'fell out' before exploding. Can you imagine the burn damage he would have suffered if it had gone off whilst still in place? Involving emergency services, who would have had to attend.

Mindless.

Maisie

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Idiot of the week
Oh dear, I hope he was not a TLF member

Maisie

Idiot of the week
The mind boggles! I would have thought that a human having sex with a horse would be physically impossible. Not to mention getting kicked whilst engaged in this assault. Did he stand on a soap box?

Maisie

Mushroom

Idiot of the week
I nominate the 6 eco warriers who invaded the track at Silverstone and sat on it on the first lap.
Their protest went unwatched by the media as there was a spectacular smash much earlier in that lap and all the cars were removed to the pits in advance of where they had put themselves.
Interesting to note that they were quickly and forcibly removed by plod. Something that doesn't happen on the public highway!!
Personally, I would have happily seen them being ploughed into by an F1 car or two. Their decision.
Not a public road. Very short report for the coroner.

enoch

Idiot of the week
I'm reminded of the tail told over here,
Two old boys talking--I see Costain from the top farm has left his wife of 30 years and set up home with a merino sheep
Male or female merino?
Oh female, there's nothing queer about Costain.
I hope he has a pair of welly boots.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Top Poster Of Month
Idiot of the week
AirForce Times

None of the US Air Forces linguists spoke Ukrainian.

"Air Force reconnaissance planes had flown over eastern Europe for months, staffed with military linguists who could interpret what nearby Russian forces were discussing as they prepared to invade neighboring Ukraine in February. The U.S. had pledged solidarity with Europes second-largest country and approved more than $1 billion in military aid.

There was just one problem...
We have no Ukrainian-specific linguists. We dont train Ukrainian, Staff Sgt. Bobby Brown, airborne language analyst program manager, recently told Air Force Times on a visit to Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska...

OMG, a right bunch of Muppets - no one in E Ukraine or in the Russian military speaks Ukrainian, everything is in Russian FGS!

Air Force Times.png

Last edited:

Mushroom

Idiot of the week
My nomination is to the canoe instructor this morning who decided to challenge my use of the drone at Ennerrdale water.
This bloke, a Brummie as it turns out, not one of the welcoming locals, one of which was a fellow drone pilot who works at Sellafield and was speaking to me at the time, had obviously got a bit high on telling rookie canoeists what to do and in his adrenaline fuelled state decided to question whether the drone should have been flown at Ennerdale.
The boss and the girls were in close proximity and as they are protective, the legal one in particular can create a fight with a lamp post, it was fortunate that they were just out of sight and earshot.
I remained polite and restrained as I explained that the water and it's area around it has access to the public, anything the drone would film would be scenary even though by law photography of people in a public place is not an offence, no trespass laws were broken and the sky is governed by Civil Aviation Authority, who have kindly allowed me to use it after I had proved to be a competent operator and pilot, being recorded as such and also carrying public liability insurance to 瞿5 million.
In fairness, he admitted that he did not understand the laws but that only prompted me to ask whether he was questioning the presence of the drone or asking for legal CAA guidance?
I think the expression is "Owning someone" ?
My new found local drone friend put it a bit more bluntly in Cumbrian terms after I had said my bit and I now know that "Larl' in those parts means little and is usually followed by 'bastard' or similar !!

enoch

Idiot of the week
My nomination is to the canoe instructor this morning who decided to challenge my use of the drone at Ennerrdale water.
This bloke, a Brummie as it turns out, not one of the welcoming locals, one of which was a fellow drone pilot who works at Sellafield and was speaking to me at the time, had obviously got a bit high on telling rookie canoeists what to do and in his adrenaline fuelled state decided to question whether the drone should have been flown at Ennerdale.
The boss and the girls were in close proximity and as they are protective, the legal one in particular can create a fight with a lamp post, it was fortunate that they were just out of sight and earshot.
I remained polite and restrained as I explained that the water and it's area around it has access to the public, anything the drone would film would be scenary even though by law photography of people in a public place is not an offence, no trespass laws were broken and the sky is governed by Civil Aviation Authority, who have kindly allowed me to use it after I had proved to be a competent operator and pilot, being recorded as such and also carrying public liability insurance to 瞿5 million.
In fairness, he admitted that he did not understand the laws but that only prompted me to ask whether he was questioning the presence of the drone or asking for legal CAA guidance?
I think the expression is "Owning someone" ?
My new found local drone friend put it a bit more bluntly in Cumbrian terms after I had said my bit and I now know that "Larl' in those parts means little and is usually followed by 'bastard' or similar !!
If he had been from Maryport or Aspatria he would have got a dufa or a gadgi. Don't ask about the spelling you have got to live there to understand.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom