Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Idiot of the week
Seattle politician who defunded the police called 911 to protect her from a crime she wants to legalize

https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-...ime-she-wants-to-legalize?cmpid=prn_newsstand

A Seattle City Councilwoman called the police to her home Friday to report a crime she is effectively trying to legalize, according to media reports.

Lisa Herbold phoned authorities on Friday after a man reportedly threw a rock through her living room window, My Northwest reported. The councilwoman said "she was on the west side of the living room near the kitchen when she heard a loud noise that sounded like a gunshot and dove into the kitchen for cover," according to a redacted police report obtained by the publication.

A neighbor told police that a person who is "unathletic and a bad runner" was seen leaving the area.

The witness told officers that he would recognize the suspect if he saw him again, but declined an officer’s business card to contact him for follow up.

The irony is that under a proposal introduced by Herbold, the suspect could avoid criminal charges if caught. Under the legislation, charges against most misdemeanor suspects could be dismissed if they can show symptoms of mental illness or addiction or if they can prove the crime provided for a need to survive, a so-called "poverty defense," the paper reported.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Idiot of the week
From @dokuz8news

A man distributing alcoholed beverages on his motorcycle in Aydın's Nazilli during the curfew -when alcohol sales are banned- got caught and given a monetary fine of 8,107 TL.

Jaycey

Idiot of the week
Gee, I’ve heard of people cutting their noses off, or even the odd ear, but I doubt he’ll do it again 😊

Perhaps he was just taking prickcautions :noidea:

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Idiot of the week
They're not known for their intelligence.......

Capitol Hill rioter fired after photos show him wearing work badge during siege​

Full Story

A Maryland man was fired from his job after reportedly being recognized wearing a work badge in photographs taken at Wednesday's storming of the U.S. Capitol.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Idiot of the week

Moscow's Stalin-Themed Kebab Shop Purged Within 24 Hours Of Launch​

Full Story

Extract:
Josef Stalin ruled the Soviet Union for 28 years, overseeing a personality cult and a brutal regime. But a Moscow shawarma stand named after him lasted just one day.

After complaints from angry local residents, Stalin Doner -- which owner Stanislav Voltman said was a tongue-in-cheek tribute not meant to cause offense -- closed after just 24 hours in business last week.

Voltman said officers carted him off to a police station for a three-hour interrogation about the controversial fast-food joint.

“They asked me if my head was screwed on straight,” he told RFE/RL in a phone interview.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom