ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Icons
In Internet Explorer, when I click on Favourites, all the icons are now the bland internet explorer one ie previously they all were specific to the company site they referred to (eg ryanair had a little company logo harp beside their name)

Anybody have any ideas as to why they've disappeared suddenly and how I can get them back?

C

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Icons
If everyone who doesn't know the answer to this replies, it could be quite a long thread :9:

Sorry Yalides, couldn't resist that - I've a warped sense of humour heheh

C

Haha, no problem.
You might consider using firefox as I have always found it to be a better browser than IE.
Not an answer to your question I know. Sorry.

jcrian

Icons
Mine are all there.

Possibly you need to see if there are any updates for windows that you haven't downloaded as these sometimes change things.

Last edited:

Martyn

Icons
It looks like it's a common problem especially if you have had an upgrade to ie 7 or 8

Have a look here on Microsofts site, i'm on a Mac so can't test it. Looks like there is a fix further down the thread.

IE7 icon Problem

REDDERS

Icons
If it's only just happened,you could try doing a restore to a date of around 1 week previous.

Martin..

Icons
My Favourites icons or 'favicons' would often go missing, I think they are stored in a favicon folder, not sure where though as it may depend on which browser you use. They would disappear from older versions of IE after you had deleted browsing history via Tools / Internet Options or cleared caches and temporary files. They should come back when you revisit the site, but this could be a pain if you have a lot in your favourites.

Try googling 'favicons disappeared'.

I&H

Latest Posts

Top Bottom