gam101

I.T. remote work

Hello folks! :28:

I have been reading this section of the forum to piece together some relevant info.

Could someone please shed some light on any ramifications that might result for a person working remotely for an I.T. company (outside the country) while on a resident permit?

Any tax facts to be aware of?

I should mention that payment for the work is direct wire into a bank account.

Thank you, again.:thanks:

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
I.T. remote work
This is still a grey area, I did it for a while but got worried about tax ramifications both here and at home. It also matters which country the bank is in that the money will be paid into, and whether you are paying tax on that money. Has income tax hit Kuwait yet?

gam101

I.T. remote work
Appreciate the prompt reply. No income tax, yet.

Ok, so I guess I should add that the bank account would be in Turkey, for the payment of the remote I.T. related work.

Hope that details helps too.

Last edited:

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
I.T. remote work
If the bank account is in Turkey and you are being paid for work done whilst in Turkey there could be a problem. You will be liable for tax but the issue is whether you need (or can get) a work permit. This really is the grey area.

gam101

I.T. remote work
Hmmm....is there someone/private agency/government department that can be consulted about this for further clarification, in Istanbul area?

If the taxes are a percentage of the income, then perhaps moving to Turkey will require additional consideration. :(

Really appreciate the help you've provided so far.

If the bank account is in Turkey and you are being paid for work done whilst in Turkey there could be a problem. You will be liable for tax but the issue is whether you need (or can get) a work permit. This really is the grey area.

gam101

I.T. remote work
Updating here for the benefits of others;

I spoke with a representative @ the Ministry of Labor (dial 170, select 9 for English) & was informed in clear terms that if the remote company does not have a physical office in Turkey, then taxes are inapplicable on any income earned remotely.

There is also no requirement for a work permit, because again, there is no physical company within Turkey.

Hope that helps someone.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
I.T. remote work
So, I can go back to work then. No, I don't think so, I love the freedom too much. Thanks for getting back to us.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom