104,000 civilians dead
500,000 casualties
2.7m refugees
179 uk soldiers killed
1.8bn bullets fired
cost to uk government £7bn

But the man has no regrets!
The world is now a safer place according to T B Liar
How many would have lost their lives had he not gone to war with Iraq.

I cannot and will not believe any of this was justified.

Saoirse

I have no regrets!
juco you are 100% correct

For me it was not only the dishonesty of this man but also his outrageous arrogance and disregard for human life

One can only imagine how the relatives of those who perished regard this empty hearted human being

DAVIDO

I have no regrets!
yes i agree,
weapons or as proved no weapons of m.d, he was going to war anyway. and for what. more chaos than ever . to me as well as a hell of a lot of people felt the war should not have happened, but blair and bush had other ideas.they did everthing in their power to find weapons, but still didnt retract when none were found.

davido

Peaceplant

Cat mad and unashamed
I have no regrets!
104,000 civilians dead
500,000 casualties
2.7m refugees
179 uk soldiers killed
1.8bn bullets fired
cost to uk TAXPAYERS £7bn

We are the mugs who pay for all this and it makes my blood boil that money spent on these wars could feed the hungry millions in the world.

Civilians & soldiers are just dispensable nothings to the leaders of this world and their agendas that bear no resemblance to the ones they portray through the media.

Patriotic duty is what soldiers feel a valid reason for taking lives - they do not see that they are worthless pawns in a game and true strength and bravery would be for people to lay down arms and refuse to murder fellow humans.

We tell our children it's wrong to fight and use violence. We live in a society where we frown on spanking kids and no longer allow teachers to beat them. We are not even allowed to speak in a derogatory, racial or prejudiced manner. But somehow we have to explain to those same kids that when it comes to the act of war all gloves are off, murder, rape & torture are acceptable forms of behaviour and attacking and killing another race is a thing of glory.

Absolutely crazy!!

David Icke got it right when he said 'you don't fight for peace, you peace for peace'

martin m

I have no regrets!
Hi all
Between this thread and the "blair heckled in Iraq" thread,(which i nearly posted and retracted before sending)Tony Blair has been slaughtered, now dont get me wrong i dont like the bloke either,BUT!.
Whats going to be the opinion of whoever is in charge when the time comes to resolve the Iran affair, and if its not the USA who deal with it then who will,As sure as eggs are eggs blood will be shed over Iran, and maybe in quantities far greater than the iraq affair.
I just wondered what the people who are slaughtering blair now(rightly or wrongly)will say when the question is asked do we go in or not before Iran nukes Isreal, and also yes its true no WMD were found, but plenty of bodies were found (kurds gassed) enough on its own to justify (in my mind)invasion,but i dont suppose the people in this country against invasion would go along with that,but yet strangely the kurds would agree with me.
Did they have an enquiry after the first world war to ask why the generals sent wave after wave of men to certain death going "over the top" out of the trenches then putting anyone who refused to go in front of a firing squad No.
Did they have an enquiry after the Falklands No.and remember just how many did the Argies kill when they walked into Prt stanlley claiming ownership.
Dont get me wrong I dont know wether it was right or wrong to invade Iraq in the great legal scheme of things, but i dont think he could be left to continue his reign of terror, killing innocent people, Yes the war did kill innocent people but not deliberately like saddam did.
The point of this post is not to defend blair, but i dont like the idea of our past or present leaders having to defend themselves against the lynch mob because of decisions they made when in charge that went against public opinion, because i also believe that decisions in the future could be made with wariness about what the risk maybe voter wise, we put them in position to lead and make them decisions, if we dont like what they do vote them out.
martin
dont forget we all have opinions.

I have no regrets!
Martin.the Kurdish people were gassed in 1988..with stuff aqcquired from the 'west' and at that time Donald Rumsfeldt was a big pal of Sadam...so why did they wait so long to ''take out' Sadam? the hypocrosy beggars description
The other thing im finding hard to understand is the talk of bombing İran before it ''nukes'' İsrael...or maybe it will be the other way around..since İsrael is the aggressor in these here parts.

perfect1949

i just love my clique
I have no regrets!
my son is in the army , he as been to iraq twice thankfully he came home without a scratch .i know its his job and he get,s paid .but i think there was no need to go into iraq ,its just bliar wanted brownie points off bush

juco

I have no regrets!
my son is in the army , he as been to iraq twice

Although many have sons in the forces and those sons joined with a lot of enthusiasm many appear to get dissallusioned after one of these postings, I think they start to see the reality of what governments are doing and doing to them.

its just bliar wanted brownie points off bush

Yes the 2 Bs (Bush & Blair) what a pair! Now the 3rd B (Brown) wants brownie points from anywhere he can collect, dont think the other B (Barack) thinks much of him though

Strange how they are all Bs!

Saoirse

I have no regrets!
I think they just couldnt bring themselves to do it...............having been such good friends with him for so many years

I have no regrets!
I agree with saoirse's last remark. Blair is a revolting slimeball and of course he could never express any regrets since this be tantamount to admitting his culpability. Now as I remember, there were huge demonstrations and the British people were all against this war so how come he got Parliament's consent??

Guz1

I have no regrets!
I don't remember any groundswell of opposition to the war. Neither was there much opposition in the British parliament or from the British press.

How many of the people rushing to the "Demonise Blair" bandwagon would have done so if the war had just been a case of go in, get rid of Saddam and then leave the Iraqis to have their own bloodbath? How many of those people sat and watched as this war was televised nightly in their living rooms? How many of them, seeing Star Wars type missiles thought of the people being killed and maimed by those missiles?

Not for a second do I think that Tony Blair doesn't regret the loss of human life. To suggest otherwise would be to brand him a monster. If he is a monster, what does that say about the people who elected him and didn't do all in their power to prevent him going to war? After all, we get the government we deserve.

Is there ever anywhere more crowded than the high moral ground?

Saoirse

I have no regrets!
Your support for Tony is somewhat touching

In his position one shows consideration for human life in ones actions. On that score his regard for human life was lacking to put it mildly.

A blind obsession to follow his mentor Mr Bush, who certainly did have some mental issues was not the action of a human being given to have great regard for innocent human life

Guz1

I have no regrets!
I don't know what you mean by my support for Tony Blair. From day one I thought he was wrong to invade Iraq.

I just don't like all the sanctimonious hindsight. There will always be warcrimes until war itself is outlawed. Looks like humankind needs a few billion more years of evolution before we reach that stage. The way things are going, it certainly won't happen in our lifetime.

Saoirse

I have no regrets!
Well I have always believed that it would appear war crimes are only carried out by the losing side

Smiler

I have no regrets!
I just don't like all the sanctimonious hindsight.

Initially I believed the lie and foolishly and naively thought we were there for the greater good. The hindsight exists because we were lied to as to our reasons for going into Iraq.

martin m

I have no regrets!
Hi all
Juco were do you get the view from that many of our troops are disallusioned after one of these postings,it may be the case that some are traumatised, but never was it the case that soldiers sat around feeling sorry for themselves thinking why us,or whats our government playing at, they just get on with their jobs, its not untill they leave the army that they eventually get suitably adjusted and take up the national hobby of government bashing.
and while i am at it, you dont like bush, blair,or brown, or obama, who do you suggest leads the way, lets see now,Italians, germans, french,all make sure their army is sent to positions of relative safety that really helps, so if we do that along with the yanks who is going to do the lead bit.
Funny how you can never hear what a fantastic job the USA did in responding to the last earthquake, it seems the world likes to usa bash and the brits just bash their own government.
I actually vote tory on a regular basis (for my sins)but if theirs one thing that gets under my skin its the lack of loyalty to the government of this country and its leaders.
martin

Smiler

I have no regrets!
Hi all
I actually vote tory on a regular basis (for my sins)but if theirs one thing that gets under my skin its the lack of loyalty to the government of this country and its leaders.martin

Jesus Christ!! Why the hell should we show any loyalty to the government?

Especially one that I personally have not voted for?

Democracy means challenging and debating any decision that one does not agree or feel comfortable with. We have seen in the not too distant past what happens when a people show unswerving loyalty to their leaders.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom