ceemac

Shake It Baby...
I didnt know that
That's just how litigious we've got in my view, rather than the effect of any laws.

When I was growing up, I got hurt more times than enough because of other people's/organisation's negligence but I would never in a million years have thought of going to a solicitor.

C

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
I didnt know that
That's been the case in the UK for at least 30 years that I'm aware of.

When I ran a company back then I was specifically told by our solicitors that footpaths in and around the depot shouldn't be cleared of any snowfall incase someone, whether a staff member or a member of the public, slipped and injured themselves and we were held liable because we hadn't cleared it properly.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
I didnt know that
This is not new, I was aware of this 30 years ago. If you do nothing to the path (for example) there is no problem, but as soon as you start to treat it, or tend it, you may be liable if as a result of something you do someone hurts themselves.

Ian

EVELYNNE

evelynne
I didnt know that
surely if you didn't clear your path at home or work you similarly would be sued for negligence .

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
I didnt know that
Unless you are the person who is hurt as a result of someone creating Black Ice on a path - no matter how well intentioned they were.

Ian

arrian

R.I.P
I didnt know that
just read on one of the news channels, a lawyer has said that they would have to prove it was done maliciously to have a case.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
I didnt know that
just read on one of the news channels, a lawyer has said that they would have to prove it was done maliciously to have a case.

I still wouldn't want to be the boss of the organisation that was the defendant in the testcase though.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom