Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
I counted my Blessings!
Well in case you missed me, haha, I wasn't on the forum yesterday. My day started with us going to shop for my elderly Mother-in-Law, and my Dog carer, who's also quite elderly, we managed that very well, skidding around on the ice. We had a nice Lunch with Mum, when we got home we had a couple of missed calls on the landline and just as we got in, one of my closest friends text me to ask could I pop over and see her for a few minutes. Ok, course I can, she must need me to ask me to go to her home. What I was hit with next has floored me to say the least. We sat and had a cuppa and she told me that she has been diagnosed with Liver Cancer, this friend of mine hardly drinks, Doesn't smoke is a netball coach and a very fit woman, I love her, she is so kind and caring, it can happen to any one of us. She finds out on Monday if they are going to operate and what course of treatment she'll go through. She is very positive about it all, me, at the moment, I will do all that I can for her, she runs a flyball team and has 3 dogs so we'll help her hubby take care of them. By the time I left her, I just wanted to sit and think. and, yes, I counted my blessings.

Last edited:

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
I counted my Blessings!
Terible news for you Lesley , And worse for your friend but knowing you you'll help her in every way possible cos thats how you are !! I hope she gets over this and thank god shes fit and otherwise well , The one good thing about the liver it heals itself So i've been told by people who have been ill through drink problems , But this lady niether drinks nor smokes and she stands a much better chance than people who do , Chin up and yes i did miss you .....Diane

EVELYNNE

evelynne
I counted my Blessings!
what a terrible start to the new year for your friend i hope there will be some hope for her in her treatment.

She is lucky that she has a good friend in you to call on in her hour of need. A trouble shared is a trouble halved so they say.

Take care

Eve

bebs

I counted my Blessings!
I hope your friend will receive the right treatment for her Lesley, its an awful shock to hear that news ,all you can do is be there for her and listen -Bebs

ted j

I counted my Blessings!
Tell her, as well as her "normal" friends, there are now loads of good people on TLF hoping she makes a good recovery. all my best for her. Ted

Tess

I counted my Blessings!
Lesley I too am very sorry to read your news. Like the others say she has a friend indeed in you and I know you will be there for her every step of the way. Hope Monday brings all the good news she and you can cope with. Chin up Les, we are all rooting for her and for you to keep the strength and faith to help.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
I counted my Blessings!
Thank you, and for those who have sent me p.m's too. Do you know when I see Lynn tomorrow, it will cheer her up when I tell her that my cyber buddies are sending good wishes for her. Lynn and her hubby and friends stayed at our Apartment last September and had a great holiday there. I talk to her, quite often, about this forum, and how great, despite their own difficulties, folks on here are.

Last edited:

thingthong

I counted my Blessings!
SS.,Its nice that your friend has a friend like you,caring and understanding,i wish your friend all the best......................

Last edited:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
I counted my Blessings!
Lesley
You are one of TLF angels.

Positive thoughts for your friend on Monday.

Soo x

Aw, Soo, it's people like you, you know that guide me, that is so true. Oh how I wish you were going for treatment near to where our home is, you and Mum would be most welcome, and these are not just words. I feel useless in your time of real need now. Thank you so much for your thoughts I will be giving Lynn all these cyber hugs too.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
I counted my Blessings!
I haven't posted here for some time as my friend Lynn has been going through some serious Chemo treatment etc for cancer of her Liver, whilst I have been there for supoprt with her, she has, as you can imagine been very poorly and I haven't been able to report anything positive, as Lynn has been going through different stages of Chemo etc and went for some tests last Friday.

Well I am so glad to be able to report that she has just phoned me as she has just been told by her Consultant that the tumour is shrinking, oh I am so pleased I am typing this with tears rolling down my face, (with happiness) for her. Lynn still has a long journey to go through and has to have more Chemo sessions, but at least I can post a positive update for my very good friend. She has also put back on a little weight too.

I hope my post helps anyone going through this terrible disease, it really is uplifting to know that there is light at the end of this very dark tunnel.

:angel:

Last edited:

suzyq

I counted my Blessings!
Thanks for letting us know as I was wondering how she was getting on. Also thanks for giving people hope as they certainly need it whilst on the road to recovery. :)

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
I counted my Blessings!
We have just had a wonderful few hours today, that's all I can say really, and will be there again tomorrow, friends are so special, and it's good to chat about everything just as is, daily stuff you know, me being me, making her laugh, as ever. I got into the car and wept and now I just have to be strong for my good friend Lynn, her hubby and daughter, it was lovely today, she is still my friend, who I've known for years and no matter we chatted on like we always do, until I knew I had to go and let her rest again. I wish I was sharing good stuff, but in a way it is good stuff as we shared some special hours today.

sued

I counted my Blessings!
bless you for being there for her as difficult it is -it is the most wonderful thing you are doing -I have a friend who.s husband is in a bad way and sometimes it is difficult to know what to say -what do you say -! be a friend as you are talk about anything and everything .that is the most important thing bless you and your friend
sued

Harem

I've cliqued
I counted my Blessings!
SS you were sounding so positive for her in March 2010 and now this. I can only assume that the chemo didn't have the desired effect? I am so sorry to hear this. I think I probably wouldn't know what to say and am pleased to learn that you are able to visit and spend time with your friend and cheer her and her family at this sad time.

suzyq

I counted my Blessings!
Sorry to read your latest post Lesley, I'm shocked as I thought she was getting better and saddened for you and her family as I know the pain you must be going through. You have been a true and good friend to her and couldn't have done anymore than you did for which I'm sure she very much appreciated.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
I counted my Blessings!
We are both so sorry , please give our regards to LYNN - a lovely lady.
Keep positive and strong for her xx

Latest Posts

Top Bottom