nanamo

I am willing to give it try.
I received this email this morning - do you thik it would work - I'd be willing to give it a try... bring it on.

AN OPEN LETTER TO THE CHANCELLOR OF THE EXCHEQUER

Dear Mr. Darling,
Please find below my suggestion for fixing Britain's economy.
Instead of giving billions of pounds to banks that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan :

There are about 20 million people over 50 in the work force.

Pay them £1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

1) They MUST retire. Twenty million job openings - Unemployment fixed.

2) They MUST buy a new British CAR. Twenty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed.

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage - Housing Crisis fixed.

4) They must send their kids to school / college /university - Crime rate fixed

5) Buy £50 of alcohol / tobacco a week there's your money back in duty / tax etc

It can't get any easier than that!

P.S. If more money is needed, have all members of parliament pay back their falsely claimed expenses and second home allowances.

Molly x

Lesley T

Absolutely love it!!! As I am 55 I would promise to do all of the above ( except the uni one- already supported my daughter to get a degree)

lemmy

this did make me smile i only wish they would listen and take on board some of these brilliant ideas

staceman

LFC fan & proud of it
Nanamo
I think you should run for government Id vote for you.
No one else out there worth bothering with.:35:

nanamo I dont fit in that group yet but good plan and thank you it so made me laugh

:seenoevil :larf: :larf: :larf:

crystalclear

ken

Sounds like an excellent idea and as I qualify I would promise to pay particular attention to points 1 and 5. It certainly gets my vote. Thanks for cheering me up.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Gets my vote Sir, its attraction is that it is so simple, so am i , it fits.
Steve.

5) Buy £50 of alcohol / tobacco a week there's your money back in duty / tax etc

So you spend out 20 million times 1 million = 20,000,000 x 1,000,000 = 20,000,000,000,000 pounds.

Every week, even if all the money spent comes back in tax and duty, then you get 20 million times 50 = 1,000,000,000 back.

So your money is "back" in 20,000 weeks. Or 384 years.

Its not that I think its a worse plan then bailing out the banks. It just annoys me when people speak like politicians. When the originator of this mail (not Molly) said "there's your money back" they weren't exactly lying. Just not mentioning it would be back in 384 years and trying to give the impresion the scheme pays for itself. In short another bleeding politician.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom