elenaj

I agree with KayKay
I arranged for a pick up through a well-known agency and I was advised Giordon Travel would pick me up in June. My neighbor asked me to bring some stuff for him and said he would pick me up, so I cancelled the pick up, but left the return journey on file. I received confirmation of he cancellation. My neighbor had surgery and couldn't pick me up so arranged for someone from Maxi-tours to pick me up. Both showed up and I received verbal abuse from the large man at Giordon travel who then proceeded to have another person become involved. He demanded my e-mail confirmation which I showed and tried to start a fight with the Maxi-tour driver. The driver from Giordon called his boss who was just as nasty and they wouldn't believe the trip had been cancelled. Needless to say I cancelled my return trip through the Agency and I still received an e-mail from Giordon requesting to know what pick up time I wanted. I ignored them. Also, Manager of Giordon please don't lecture anyone about using foul language as your driver may not have know a lot of English, but he sure knew how to swear!!!!!

Martyn

I agree with KayKay
Thanks for the feedback. I'm sorry but I'm always a bit suspicious when someone who is new to the forum backs someone else on their first post. You are innocent until proved guilty :) so thanks again for your feedback. I'm sure Gordion will be on to post their side of the story. If this is all true then it is a situation we have to take seriously. Thanks once again.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
I agree with KayKay
very strange first post, suggest you attach the e mails for all to see as without them on a first post I have to say it looks like you are trying to support a previous post
dont be offended, just supply some evidence

martin

spitfire

Frustrated Bolton Fan
I agree with KayKay
Hi elenaj and welcome to the forum :mmph:
Can you tell me how you agree with KayKay??
You only joined today so you couldn't have read the posts on here :confused:
So how do you know what she said????
Just curious!!

Martyn

I agree with KayKay
You can read posts as a guest so I've no doubt the thread in question has been read.

spitfire

Frustrated Bolton Fan
I agree with KayKay
Thanks Martyn, as I said I was only curious.....
It would be good though if all new members could post an introduction prior to starting or commenting on a thread? At least then we will know a little bit about who they are..........

kaykay

I agree with KayKay
are you inplying i know this person ?,
they came on here to report their own bad trearment ?..
i don;t know this person, but am glad they can openly say the bad experience they had.
i know gordion is a paying advertiser ,but does that mean we shouldn.t post bad experience on here in case he gets upset..............
what he did to us last week was disgusting.and he implied my husband who is turkish..swore at the turkish people...lol
so people shouldn;t take sides unless the whole story is said.
il never use that company again...and was only using them after recommendations on here..
and whoever helena is..well done on coming foward with your experience,
even though you will be fired at. for it.

Last edited:

art2

I agree with KayKay
Hi
I have used Gordion for a few years and also booked for guests and i cannot fault them on promt times and also have found their drivers very polite and helpful
art 2

paddye17

I agree with KayKay
NOOOOooooooooo!!!! Please let's not start the whole "tell us about yourself" thing again - we've been there already, had the vote and everything. Elenaj has provided plenty of info about herself in her profile - have a look. Please don't start attacking another new member because she doesn't give her life story.

In my view it’s quite legitimate for a new member to have a first post about something which has upset her recently. I understand the slight scepticism but give her a break (she too is innocent until proved guilty)!

While I'm ranting, it does seem that whenever anyone posts a criticism about one of the well known TLF members/advertisers they are immediately attacked. As far as I'm concerned, as long as people explain themselves well and aren't overtly rude, they have every right to voice their opinion without expecting the TLF stalwarts to come down on them like a ton of bricks. I'm sure most of the businesses advertising on here usually provide a great service - but sometimes, even the best businesses make a mistake and surely it's ok to point that out to provide some balance?

PS To pre-empt any comeback - I don't know Elanaj or Kaykay and have no experience of Gordion Travel.:roundgrin

Last edited:
I agree with KayKay
Hi everyone, i am amazed that this as happened as we have been using Gordion for the last 5 years and have had not one bad experience. in fact we cannot sing their praises enough. they have gone beyond all expectations to help us, and even let us pay them later in the week after pick up. Muzzafer as always been helpfull in every way, not just with transfers etc. but any way he can. I do not work for Gordion, im just a holidaymaker who goes over 3-4 times a year and uses Gordion, And i just want to add a positive to the negative. Thanks for all your help Gordion.

kaykay

I agree with KayKay
maybe he is aware of people who book and say they are a member of this forum...
all i can say is im glad im not alone on this...........

the one thing i know is that of course its high season and they are very busy...
and can have off days like everyone else...
but to lie and try to cover their tracks is wrong.
i would have felt completely dif bout things if he had apologized .
instead tried to make out we were liars.
i can only sympathize ,as i am aware of this man,s behaviour.

I agree with KayKay
While I'm ranting, it does seem that whenever anyone posts a criticism about one of the well known TLF members/advertisers they are immediately attacked. As far as I'm concerned, as long as people explain themselves well and aren't overtly rude, they have every right to voice their opinion without expecting the TLF stalwarts to come down on them like a ton of bricks. I'm sure most of the businesses advertising on here usually provide a great service - but sometimes, even the best businesses make a mistake and surely it's ok to point that out to provide some balance?

PS To pre-empt any comeback - I don't know Elanaj or Kaykay and have no experience of Gordion Travel.:roundgrin

Paddy your comments are fair to a point.....are you then saying that people can have a pop at anybody..but then because some longstanding members come to their defence they are heavy handed.....
new or old members have equal rights in complaining or criticising without getting into a them and us dispute.

paddye17

I agree with KayKay
Hi Shirleyann,

Agreed. Really wasn't trying to have a pop at the long-standing TLF members, far from it - without them this excellent forum would not be as useful and strong.

Simply wanted to:

a) Come to the defence of a new member who seemed to be making a legitimate point and was then immediately considered 'suspicious'; and

b) point out, (and I accept this is just my observation), that when someone says they had a bad meal at x restaurant, or a bad transfer at x company, you can pretty much guarantee they will be jumped on by what other people on here (not me!!) have described as cliques. It may not be true, but it appears that way, sorry.

Also I would have thought it would be more sensible and make better business sense to bat off complaints and criticisms with a "I'm sorry you felt we let you down" response rather than enter a public slanging match on here?

I guess what I'm saying is that maybe we should chill a bit more and take the odd criticism with grace and move on, and not slaughter new members who don't agree with what can appear as the 'accepted' TLF stance on something?

Really not trying to stir things up or prolong this thread – honest!
:blowkiss:

elenaj

I agree with KayKay
Hello this is ElenaJ.
I do not know Paddye17 or KayKay - I was new to your site and I had no idea that I should post an introduction, so please excuse my ignorance on that.
I also did not know that Giordon Travel was a client of this site, but with that in mind - people have good things to say about them - I would not challenge that at all - my experience was not good.
Thank you Paddye17 for your comments. Also that everyone else for their comments too as everyone has an opinion and they should voice it.
All I can say is that in my case, they know what they did and said and my only action was to make a complaint to the Company I booked with and cancel the return trip. I would not use them again. Everyone else has to judge a Company on their own experiences.

Tracey3

I agree with KayKay
Hi everyone

I am also a new Member and this is my first post, well I have been a lurker for over 4 years now. Sorry I have not posted an Introduction yet.

Me and hubby have owned property in Altinkum for the last 4 years, near Dolphin Square. We have used Gordion for Private Transfers for the past three years and have never had a problem. We find Muz, his drivers and office staff to be courteous and efficient.

So it's not just new Members who are complaining about Gordion, also new Members, like us, who are happy with the service provided.

And no, before anyone asks, Muz has not asked us to make this posting on his behalf.

maggie

I agree with KayKay
Must say have allways found Gordion to be fine.Allways used him to and from airports.
?However the driver he sent for our last trip was a complete loony.He was overtaking with cars comming in all directions my hand was firmly clutching the seat all the way to bodrum airport.
On the way back ow no the same driver.
He braked to avoid a dog ,throwing us across the car,he braked to avoid two foxes,a pedestrian and a wild boar.He was overtaking into the path of oncomming traffic and all this was at 4 oclock in the morning.I have never felt so unsafe in a car before it was a joy to get out at the journeys end,He was a lovelley chap but a horrendous driver.

I do hope we never have him on one of our transfers again.

Hugs Maggie xxxx

maggie

I agree with KayKay
Yes I have sent them an e mail.
I dont like getting anyone into trouble but as I say I feel as tho I was in a racing car at Brands Hatch,

Hugs Maggie ccc

Latest Posts

Top Bottom