keith-andrea

Hows the progress going
Hi all.
I have recently purchased an apartment on the hillside complex and was wondering what has changed since last time i was there in May.
The day i left they had just switched on the waterfall feature at the pool above the management office and i was told that the resturaunt and the shop would be opening quite soon.
Is the shuttle bus still operating every 4hrs.?
Has everyone had thier snagging lists sorted. ?
We will be returning to the complex in august, so if anyone has any more info please let me know .

Thanks all

Keith & Andrea

Jon & Mia

Hows the progress going
Hi Keith & Andrea

Welcome to the forum.
If you read through the other threads you will find all of your questions answered (warts and all)
The site is progressing (slowly) but there are some issues. the thread "General Update" will fill you in on those.
We stayed in our appartment (Apollon E9) in early July and got a lot done. There is a lot of work you will need to do yourself (to get a finish that you will be happy to accept) and snagging tends to get done when you are there in person to put pressure on.
We had a great time and are looking forward to our next visit in september. The area is fantastic and I'm sure the complex will be in time. Some blocks are more advanced than others. Which appartment are you in?

Jon & Mia - Apollon E9

keith-andrea

Hows the progress going
Hi Jon and Mia
Thanx for the response , i guess you could say we are neighbours im in Apollon E8.
I did a lot of work when i was there in end of May but there was still some snags left to complete ...i left a list with them but im not hopeful of them all been done when i return.
Im going back on Aug 15th and wasnt expecting to read such a lot of negatives about the complex water supply as it was fine when i was there. and that UFUK are trying to pin the expense of solving it onto us owners.
Everybody is saying that the electricity is really expensive too ...is that the case?
I really love my apartment, my partner hasnt seen it yet so i cant wait for her to see that fanastic view , it certainly took my breathe away when i first stepped onto the balcony.
Is it worth while getting mossy screens fitted ?..and if so how much and who would do this for me and does it take them long to fit them.
Sorry for all the questions but im so keen to make myu apartment the best it can be and of course my stay in Akbuk.
I hope we get the chance to meet up some time ine the near future.

Keith & andrea

Jon & Mia

Hows the progress going
Hi Neighbour.
While we were there in July there was nobody working in your appartment at all.
Electric is quite expensive - we tried to economise on the Air con but we still spent about 50TL in around 4 days (£8 - 10 a day)
The mossie screens are great - they are almost invisible and don't spoil the view. they are so see through, in fact that I am worried I will walk through one soon. I had them fitted on every door & window for 900TL (£360) The men measured up, made them to order and fitted them in 2 days. They were arranged for us by Erhan (Didim After Sales) who we have signed up with. We also had a storage box custom built for the balcony and we had them convert the alcove under the stairs into a lockable cupboard. They do a really good job.
I didn't find mossies a problem in July - before they fitted the screens we left windows open at night without any real problem, but others have said they are vicious so it may be we were lucky or it may be that they are worse at different times of the year. for £360 why take a chance?
There are a lot of issues - but if you take the time to look at any other complex on this forum it seems they all have "issues" The fact of the matter is we have an appartment in a Prime location in a perfect area. I would rather that than a problem free appartment in a back street with no view.
as we are literally next door neighbours it will be handy to have each others contact details - I will PM you.

Hows the progress going
Hi Guys and welcome to the forum.

After being eaten alive end of June we had mozzie screens fitted only on the 2 bedroom windows. We paid 160tl and are more then pleased with them. We have just returned and got most of our bites eating out. Seems we are quite a treat to the mozzies and they wait to ambush us!!!!!!! Other people seem not to be bothered at all.

You will find loads and loads of info on here.

juco

Hows the progress going
2 bedroom windows. We paid 160tl

That appears to be expensive! Did you negotiate a price or just accept what they quoted you? 40 TL would have been a more realistic price.

Hows the progress going
That appears to be expensive! Did you negotiate a price or just accept what they quoted you? 40 TL would have been a more realistic price.

Hi,

Must admit to not haggling with the guy. He measured up, made the frames and of course the screens and fitted them within 20 hours. Must also admit to a bit of desperation setting in as we were being eaten alive.

Was the scariest thing watching being fitted too. I couldn't do it but Andrew duley reported back that the young guy stood out on the window sill, no more than 5 inches if that, while his buddy held onto his ankles. All this some 3 floors up over a paved area. :animation

Should we decide to have more screens fitted though, will take on board your comments and haggle. Still can't get used to that with tradesmen. Market traders no problem, but tradesmen....................

Jon & Mia

Hows the progress going
Attached are some photos of the Mossie screens - we thought they would be more intrusive but they are near invisible.

DSCF1390.JPG DSCF1389.JPG DSCF1399.JPG

Hows the progress going
Hello All,
We received an email via our solicitor yesterday, Utku was demanding over £3,500 for title deed expenses. We have asked him to explain what the expenses are for. Has anyone else paid this much for their title deeps. I thought these were paid in Turkish Lira. He also said that we still owed over 1200 euros on the final payment. We checked the figures and 1200 euros has disapeared from our second installment payment. Has he tried this on with anyone one else.

Regards

Ian and Alison Collins Apollon G7.

Jon & Mia

Hows the progress going
As far as I was aware there should be no further payments to Ufuk after your "final" payment, unless the contract specifies any additional costs. The sales tax has gone back up to 3% and we have all agreed in our contracts to pay this ourselves rather than splitting it with the seller as is the norm. that will be about £1800. In addition there is a £50 charge for transfer of title deeds.
Perhaps they are referring to these payments and adding in the first years maintenance although they would still struggle to get up to 3500 Euros
I would get a detailed breakdown of the charges.

jon

lakegl

Hows the progress going
Hi Ian
have a look at my thread on transfer tax - this detailed all i had to pay after my final payment. Ie. tax (in my case at 1%) and all the ancillary costs of getting the tapu.
We paid 1200 euros from our second installement to karma legal (as we agreed when we contracted them on our inspection visit). They took this from the second istallment - is this what has happened with you?
Glenda

Hows the progress going
lakegl

Thank you for the response, when did you take out your contract with karma legal, we signed with them in September 2007, and do nt remember agreeing to do this.

Regards

Ian and Alison

ralph

Hows the progress going
Hi Ian

I fully empathise as I lost money with Karma legal. They took money from my bank account without my permission. It is highly likely they helped themselves without informing you. What you need to ascertain is the amount that was received by Ufuk by getting a copy of the bank transfer from them.

Did you have a bank account with POA held by karmalegal? This was my predicament!!

Regards

Marian

Hows the progress going
Hi, thats really bad. i think the Title deeds amount is for the tax fee of 3%.ofthe property price. u have missed out on the reduction of 1%. But the offical fees for Tapu should only be 100-200 Euro

lakegl

Hows the progress going
i went to see them in june 07 on the inspection visit and agreed that they would take their fees out of the second stage payment. well, i think the second stage payment included their fees, to be fair.
The only problem i had with them is that they then 'disappeared'
i have since made all of the other payments myself - either direct to ufuks account from here or in cash (transfer tax) or by card (final payment, maintenance, meters etc) while i was over there.
Karma legal have done nothing for their money so far. i got the tapus on my own while i was over there.
i know that karma will get the tapus for you by PoA but they charge extra!
i have had a receipt from them (at the time they took the money).
hope that helps
how did they suggest, when you employed them, that they would get their fees?
by the way, utku tells me that there is a chance that the tax will again be reduced maybe in sept/oct so if you havent paid it yet it may be better to wait and see.
glenda

Hows the progress going
We paid our fees upfront, there was no mention of additional 1200 euros to come out of the second payment. I shall have to investigate where the money has gone, you can not trust anyone these day's. Thank you all for the advice.

Regards

Ian and Alison

Bill & Cate

Hows the progress going
When we paid for our title deeds they tried to charge us for military clearance (already paid) and air conditioning units (which were agreed in the contract). Get a breakdown as Jon says.

Hows the progress going
Hi John & Mia hope you are both well.

I have noticed that there are some individuals on the forums yourselves included who could be mistakenly making a slight error in judgement in releasing their apartment numbers.

Maybe thats a practice that ought to be re-considered now that some of the owners are beginning to furnish their dwellings as it would seem sensible from a secutiry viewpoint not to advertise the dates that those apartments are going to be empty.

I mention this as its something that I myself did not think about when posting on the Akbuk forums until Akbuk Rob brought the possibility of compromising security into the equation.

In view of his thoughts, I requested deletion of my postings from his website and am now just a tad more careful in the level of information I release on a public forum.

Best wishes to you all

Brokenbrains

juco

Hows the progress going
In view of his thoughts, I requested deletion of my postings from his website and am now just a tad more careful in the level of information I release on a public forum.

This has been mentioned several times before but usually its ignored. In any case you can edit your own posting and `take out` any relevent information.

Jon & Mia

Hows the progress going
This has been mentioned several times before but usually its ignored. In any case you can edit your own posting and `take out` any relevent information.

Hi

Thanks for the suggestion. I do understand the point you are making. However when I was on the site I could tell you EXACTLY which appartments were occupied and which were empty. It is pretty easy to work out which of the occupied ones were currently in use too.

It has also been pointed out that the greatest threat will come from opportunists rather than people logging into forums to find out information which is blatently obvious from the site itself.

Regards
Jon

Latest Posts

Top Bottom