Hows the post in Akbuk
Hi,can anyone there tell me how good the post is in Akbuk.The house we are buying has a proper address so does that mean we will get the post delivered to the house.If not then is a PO box the answer from the local post office?

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Hows the post in Akbuk
Hi,can anyone there tell me how good the post is in Akbuk.The house we are buying has a proper address so does that mean we will get the post delivered to the house.If not then is a PO box the answer from the local post office?

l live right next door to the post office,where l used to get my mail just by walking a few yards.Now the postie knows me,he just walks up to my wall and hands me the mail.
Even with a proper postal address,there is no proper service in delivering the mail to your place,unless it is convenient for the post man.he can post the letters,but only in his own time and when he feels like it.He has a delapidated motorbike that can just manage to run.l do think once you get to know him,he will deliver the mail to you.
This all depends on the area your in.

Or you can ask him to deliver,by using this quote
Can you please deliver my mail to this address..translated in turkish is..
bu adrese posta teslim l├╝tfen edebilirsiniz

Last edited:
Hows the post in Akbuk
Thanks Bob,looks like we will have to get to know the postman.Any idea if the Akbuk post office had PO boxes,might be better if we wnat anything slightly bigger than a letter sent.
Mavis

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Hows the post in Akbuk
Thanks Bob,looks like we will have to get to know the postman.Any idea if the Akbuk post office had PO boxes,might be better if we wnat anything slightly bigger than a letter sent.
Mavis

They have pigeon holes to put the letters in.You give him the address and he will find your letter for you, in one of those holes.
The best time to go is between 8:30am to 10:00Am and also 4;00pm onwards until closing time at 5:30pm.This is whenit is least crowed.Handy for me,because l can see the que from here and know when is the right time to go over.

akbukcyd

Hows the post in Akbuk
It is true what Bob says about knowing the postman cos I know him too and he always delivers my letters albeit mostly bills and even comes round with recorded delivery letters requiring signature!!!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom