Useful Information

Courtesy of Doc Martin © Doc Martin 2017

Disclaimer: The information here is provided as a general guide. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information is up to date and accurate, information given here from the Turkish Government, DGMM, GOC, British Consulate & other official websites may be subject to change at any time.

How to obtain a Yabanci Kimlik Number (99*****) without applying for a Residency Permit​

If a 99*** Yabanci Kimlik Number is required to make a certain operation, such as open a bank account, obtain a property habitation certificate or where you need to register on the e-devlet website, it is now possible to obtain a Yabanci Kimlik Number without making a full Residency permit application.

NOTE: It must be understood that obtaining a YKN this way does NOT afford anyone the rights that a normal Residence Permit would, you will naturally be here on a e-visa/visa and must abide by the visa immigration laws.

First go to your local GOC office to register.
You will need to have your passport + 1 photocopy.

Also 2 biometric ‘head’ photos.
Note - These must be Biometric and NOT just a normal photo.
Head up to face the camera, eyes open
No smiling
No glasses, necklaces or earrings.

FULL official address (Rental contract or Tapu) and the reason why you want the kimlik number.

You will fill out a form in English and maybe have a photo taken. Then you hand it in and are asked questions about yourself.

Return to the office 48 to 72 hours later and they will give you your kimlik number on a piece of paper.
IMPORTANT: Never say you need the number for registering a sim, internet etc there is a very good chance you will be refused, instead say you wish to purchase a car or scooter new or 2nd hand (ie spending some money here).
NOTE: The 157 foreigners helpline are now stating that it is no longer possible to obtain a Yabanci Kimlik Number without making a full RP application.
For the time being it is worth still trying to obtain one by using the process above.

shash

shash
How to obtain a Yabanci Kimlik Number in Turkey without applying for a Residency Permit
Thank you once again. I appreciate it.

shash

shash
How to obtain a Yabanci Kimlik Number in Turkey without applying for a Residency Permit
Are you moving on?
Yes Enoch. The time has come. I'm not so taken with the rapid changes that have occurred and all that goes with change.
However I'm sure the moving on could take a while but if it happens quickly that will be fine too.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Yes Enoch. The time has come. I'm not so taken with the rapid changes that have occurred and all that goes with change.
However I'm sure the moving on could take a while but if it happens quickly that will be fine too.
Hope you will remain a TLFer, good luck with the move. What you got to sell?

shash

shash
I certainly will remain a TLFer. Its been brilliant and so informative.
I'm not really 100% up with the selling process yet (fear of the unknown) kicks in.
Large triplex on complex , security and gated. Gardeners . Fab large pool . 3 bathrooms one on each floor, one with a real bath, and bottom floor a wet room.
It's a first line complex and the beach is just over the road. Easy local transport on tap. Mountain View behind it with banana and veg plantations. Great mix of people on complex which is run well. No complaints there that's for sure.
4 balconies middle floor has shutters .
American kitchen.
3 bedrooms
Room on bottom floor for a separate unit if required or extra bedroom or bedsit.
Roof area is also tiled out.
Furniture included. All furnished and perfectly livable with everything.
Aircon in 3 bedrooms and open lounge area.
Solar water heating.
On the outskirts of Alanya so not full of high-rise buildings or hubbub. Bus goes straight to Alanya from Payallar .

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
I'm not really 100% up with the selling process yet (fear of the unknown) kicks in.
Large triplex on complex , security and gated. Gardeners . Fab large pool . 3 bathrooms one on each floor, one with a real bath, and bottom floor a wet room.
It's a first line complex and the beach is just over the road. Easy local transport on tap. Mountain View behind it with banana and veg plantations. Great mix of people on complex which is run well. No complaints there that's for sure.
American kitchen.
3 bedrooms
Room on bottom floor for a separate unit if required or extra bedroom or bedsit.
Solar water heating.
On the outskirts of Alanya so not full of high-rise buildings or hubbub. Bus goes straight to Alanya from Payallar .
It sounds idyllic for someone.

enoch

American kitchen.
3 bedrooms
Solar water heating.
Some big changes in Payallar, with all the buildings going up. I thought you were in Konakli.

shash

shash
Some big changes in Payallar, with all the buildings going up. I thought you were in Konakli.
Yes some good changes really as there is a great new shopping mall now just a short walk away. I haven't seen any horrible changes there. I was there in Autumn. Its looking rather nice in fact and obviously so much is new and rather attractive if I say so myself. So no where near as crowded as the main towns. That has always been what I like about it. I can't ever imagine it would become like Mahmutla or Alanya Centrum thank goodness. We have nothing blocking our view fortunately.
We always used to say Konakli Enoch because no-one ever heard of Payallar only a few in the know like yourself.

enoch

Yes some good changes really as there is a great new shopping mall now just a short walk away. I haven't seen any horrible changes there. I was there in Autumn. Its looking rather nice in fact and obviously so much is new and rather attractive if I say so myself. So no where near as crowded as the main towns. That has always been what I like about it. I can't ever imagine it would become like Mahmutla or Alanya Centrum thank goodness. We have nothing blocking our view fortunately.
We always used to say Konakli Enoch because no-one ever heard of Payallar only a few in the know like yourself.
I'm just glad we live on the outskirts of Alanya just up from the Tuesday Market every thing we need.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom