Status
Not open for further replies.
How to make money

~Fundraisers, booksales, bar owners. I've got a pack of approx 2000 Scratch Cards from England cost me £80 will sell for only £35 You can make really good profit approx. up to £700 to be made on them. Reason for sale I'm moving.
~Bingo cage, balls and professional flyers 12000 single games (12 at view) only 50tl.
~Projector screen 145x150cm. only 55tl
~Brand new projector(boxed) with inbuilt tv tuner, plus extra bulb worth £30 inc. in price. Model PTV 01B only 600tl(will give projector screen FREE if bought together
~Professional SOUNDLAB power mixer (brand new) with digital effects processor. Can be used for live music or karaoke, or DJ only 350tl
~BOOKSHELF with 5 shelves H180xW65xD30cm only 30tl
~4x Large house plants with terracotta pots only 30tl each
~ 2x sets of american pool balls(one used one new) -offers
~Little Gem garden water feature pump (new) only 20tl
~White plaster side tables or use as garden ornaments x4 only 10tl each
~Quality dining chairs x4 nice design only 20tl each
~Stepladders small size only10tl
~Large selection of hardback and paperback books. Various authors both men and woman's reads only 1.5tl each:emot150ms
Contact me through my profile

Last edited by a moderator:
How to make money
hi Biker Bob, We are moving in November back to Istanbul and will most likely be down for occasional visits to the coast in the summer.
Cathy

Peregrine

How to make money

~Fundraisers, booksales, bar owners. I've got a pack of approx 2000 Scratch Cards from England cost me £80 will sell for only £35

cost me £80, selling for £35 makes a LOSS of £45

and thats under the heading of how to make money

nice one!

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
How to make money
Scratch cards and Bingo would be illegal in Turkey. Bars have been closed down for playing Bingo. Scratch cards, if they are what I think they are, would be like a lottery - you can`t do it.

Ian

How to make money
Hi Peregrine,
You obviously didn't read the ad properly. "HOW TO MAKE MONEY"it's the buyer who makes the money by selling the scratch cards. ie. about £700 profit. It's us who takes the loss as we are moving. Where did it say "how we would make money" so why are you being so tetchy and adding a snide comment if you are not interested in buying, or do you just like to make people who post on the forum uncomfortable by sarcasm.
Cathy

Peregrine

How to make money
hey Chatty Chatty I,m not the one thats tetchy - I just thought it was funny.

You making a loss telling other people how to make money. Hah!

and to cap it all immac is saying its illegal. Priceless!

How to make money
ADVICE TO NEW TLF MEMBERS: This forum can be very helpful and informative, but unfortunately you lay yourself open to a few sad people with obviously too much time on their hands. See what happens when you post a simple classified.
I accept the apology (humour/sarcasm being a fine line), but get a life guys, it's a classifed, not a debate. So no more pleeeease!
P.S. Thanks for the PM's of agreement and for the interest in our illegal contraband.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
How to make money
It`s not illegal to own it, just to use it in Turkey. If you are going to tell people they can make money in Turkey, then it is fair enough, I think, for people to warn other members who may not know the law here. It might have been better for you to point out to people the problem rather than suggesting to people living here that they could make all this cash when, in fact, they would be putting themselves in jeopardy with the police.

So it is not a debate, but a warning, which you should have issued without being prompted.

Ian

McDHibs

How to make money
Unfortunately Cathy you kind of left your self open to the leg puller of TLF by calling your self Chatty Cathy then only posting 17 times in as many months (4 in this thread I might add).

In your intro you mentioned your 18 years experience in Turkey but by post number two you were trying to sell something and now we have this thread selling lots of things so 12 things in this thread and one from your last thread makes 13 items for sale exactly the number of posts you have made before this thread, that has got to be a record.

Try sharing your experiences with us and contributing to the threads about Turkish Living as I can’t believe that you have nothing to share or stories to tell from the last 18 years your experience is worth its weight in Gold to the members here.

If you don’t want to join in on the forums that’s your choice but I don’t think you are in a position to give advice to new members when you don’t join in yourself but I believe there is a small auction site called E-BAY that might serve you better .

Peregrine

How to make money
really good post that McDHibs - a bit of research reveals the true nature of some of the poorerposters

well done (I might even give you some rep points for it)

as for Chatty Cathy (sorry I got that wrong last time) no apolgy was offered - I just found it funny that you were selling so much stuff under the heading how to make money (and I'm still chucling now)

How to make money
First , can I ask, who are you to assume that I would not be expaining to interested buyers when they enquired, of the possible implications? This is the problem folks, with these people who prejudge you and when you respond you lay yourself open to more crap, and if you don't respond, you are shown as being irresponsible and criminal.
The part in your post "you should have issued a warning without being prompted", again I ask who are you? I'm sure if I was so bad and intentionally trying to tempt TLF members into a life of crime the moderators would step in.
This particular ad was promoted towards fundraisers, business people who normally deal on a daily basis with Turkish bureaucracy. Don't you think it presumptuous of you to assume they wouldn't know what they can and cannot do in their own businesses, and the restrictions. We weren't suggesting that the regular TLF members buy them and sell them on the street

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
How to make money
Oh dear. So, in acknowledging that you knew about this, you are exposing the weasel words of your attempts to explain this away. The truth, it seems, is that when you placed the advert encouraging people in Turkey to "make really good profit approx. up to £700 to be made on them. Reason for sale I'm moving.", you actually knew that this was not possible in Turkey, and that you nor anyone else, including fundraisers and business people, could use them here.

I did wonder initially if you were suggesting that buyers take them out of Turkey, where Bingo is considered gambling and scratch cards are covered by lottery laws, but you are acknowledging that was not your intent.

Coming back to my earlier point, it is fair enough for me to offer a warning if you are not going to do it yourself. Anyway, now you are free to... "make really good profit approx. up to £700" for yourself, which I suspect you would have done already if it were possible.

Ian

Last edited:
How to make money
Really guys, don't you see how silly and petty you look? You are like a bunch of sweetie wives or creche bullies. You ask why didn't I post more on this forum during the 19 years living here. To anyone following these threads it's fairly apparent. One thing we have learned in the 19 years is that the British Expat community can sometimes be their own worst enemy, and sometimes it's good to keep a little distance.
Our post was a simple "For Sale" ad, not a sinister criminal activity, but the forum's self appointed guardians decided to make it more than it was. I'm sure the sensible viewer read my responses and can understand, so I really don't know why I give these sweetie wives the time of day. You never win with them. You respond and they cherry pick and answer with drivel and self righteous indignation and if you don't respond, these people rule YOUR forum. They are the same as YOU and I, TLF members. They have no authority only their own opinion,and shouldn't self judge and try to make new rules on how members should use the forum. :114mf: People should be allowed to post when they like and how often they like as laid down in the current rules.
By the way I'm happy to say that both the bingo/scratch cards are now sold, and a special thanks to you three guys for keeping this thread so active as it enabled us to have more viewings.
P.S. These scratch cards were sold on my bar top for the last 12 years and were popular.These ones were surplus to requirements on our retirement.

WOULD LIKE TO WISH ALL TLF MEMBERS A HAPPY BAYRAM HOLIDAY

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
How to make money
Good to know that you successfully sold the items in question Cathy. :3:

Anyone wishing to contact Cathy regarding any of the other items listed, please do so via PM.

And, on that note, that's this thread closed.

Iyi Bayramlar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom