peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
How to make a web form work?
I downloaded Appnitro pform to use on a website I'm doing. Its a really nice bit of kit, and produces really neat forms, but the problem is that I haven't a clue how to code it so that it actually forwards the completed forms to my e mail inbox :mmph:

Has anybody got any experience in this type of thing? I'd appreciate some guidance.

Karyn UK

Kind of depends on what sort of form it is as I don't know that program, if is an online form emailer then you have to have advanced cgi enabled and set up on your hosting.

If it is a simple form that just ties into programs like outlook and windows mail then you will just need to change the default mail address within the code. If you look at the code you will find something like defaultmail@yourwebsite.com you change this bit to the address you want.

The only problems with these simpler forms are that they are no use to people who only have online mail accounts like hotmail or yahoo.

I've been working on our new web sites all day and have had to upgrade all my hosting packages as I am with a new hosting company and they don't automatically enable advanced cgi like my old one did. So currently I am using a simple form which will be changed to form emailer via cgi in the next day or so.

Hope this makes sense!

Karyn

M

Mack

I agree with Karyn PTP, you have to find out what system the generated forms use to post the information, it could be via a CGI script (multi platform), a .net script (Windows servers) or a php script (linux servers). Some form software will generate 2 files when you save a form, the .html code for the form and say a post.php file, assuming you are on a unix server (PHP) just putting these both in the same directory will ensure the code and info is parsed properly and processed.

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Thanks. This is the problem you see. The website generates the form for you, but doesn't give any information as to how to actually make it work:mmph:
Its mostly image files apart from a couple of Javascript files.

Martyn

Pete we'll sort it the weekend. I have the scripting etc in my hosting.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom