Akbuk Rob

How to breed Whitefly in Turkey
Thought I’d share this little tip with you.

1. Go to the gardening shop in Didim and ask the lady for “Whitefly Spray”.
2. Go home and mix the chemical with water in accordance with the instructions given by the lady.
3. Spray everywhere there are signs of Whitefly.
4. Sit back and relax. Within a week or so you will have thousands of healthy, fluttering little Whitefly in every corner of your garden.

Unfortunately in my case this was not exactly the result I was looking for, my fault of course, I should have told the lady in the shop I wanted to eradicate the little buggers not breed them! …………. Silly me.
:62yd:

Last edited:

bobthenob

Non Active Member
What you need to do Rob is to go to the right person to give you the right advice..Little old me will help you on how to erradicate the whitefly.These are little flying breeding machines with a fericous appetite for the plants sap.
l found this very useful website based on the whiteflies cycle and how to get rid of it.
FAQs about whiteflies

Last edited:

dalyansteve

Thanks Bob, I now think I have all of those and more. My wife uses a bit of washing up liquid in water to spray them with, she thinks it works, I am not convinced.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
If you're a smoker and want to get rid of whitefly and other beasties "organically" put all your cigarette butts into a container of water and leave to soak for a couple of days. The nocotine, which is deadly to the bugs, will leach out of the cigarette ends and you can then spray your plants with the nicotine liquid. Adding a few drops of washing-up liquid will act as a "wetting agent" making the mixture more effective.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
If you're a smoker and want to get rid of whitefly and other beasties "organically" put all your cigarette butts into a container of water and leave to soak for a couple of days. The nocotine, which is deadly to the bugs, will leach out of the cigarette ends and you can then spray your plants with the nicotine liquid. Adding a few drops of washing-up liquid will act as a "wetting agent" making the mixture more effective.

That is absolutely true.l used this method many times back in England.But found later the whitefly have taken a liking to the cigarettes and are now passive nicotine suckers

Akbuk Rob

What you need to do Rob is to go to the right person to give you the right advice..Little old me will help you on how to erradicate the whitefly.These are little flying breeding machines with a fericous appetite for the plants sap.
l found this very useful website based on the whiteflies cycle and how to get rid of it.
FAQs about whiteflies

Having read that web page, especially the part about Whitefly quickly becoming immune to bug sprays, I now know I am in deep kack!

I have a felt roofing blow torch, I bet their not immune to that!!!
:36le:

Top Bottom