BRUSANDRA

how..much to take the Kitchen Sink
hi has enybody taking enything unusial on the plane to turkey.:)i no you are allowed 20kls each but when we were in altinkum we wre talking to a man called ray and he was on about his nieghbour who had taking a kitchen sink over [:0] now this is no joke . as he said the flaming thing was still in the hallway as it mustnot have fit :( but the best is he also took some handle bars of abike over. now ihave taking mirrows and pictures over. but how do you get something like a kitchen sink [:0]sandra

heidi

Try taking and paying for it in Cargo. Ask your airport.

BRUSANDRA

hi heidi enlighten me please if i wanted to take achest about 2ft wide and 1ft deep would they allow it with my cases on a charter flight ?? i would like to take a large mirrow over wich i love its abought 3ft by 2ft i no you can by mirrows there but this one is itailian. and i havent seen eny nice fancy one s in altinkum ilove itailian and french furniture. that is why i will be sad to have to sell it when we decide to move over to turkey.

JohnF

Why don't you check the terms and conditions that are attached to your charter flight ticket relating to carriage of luggage. It will be there in plain English telling you what you can and cannot carry. Heidi is an estate agent, not an airline check in person.

JF

Sylvia

John, 1.42am do you need to get some sleep!!!!!!!!!!!
Sandra was only asking a question, not a very nice reply from you.

Mushtaq

Founding Member
Different airlines have different rules and rates, it's best to check with various airlines.

BRUSANDRA

hi well now .tnats me told. sorry for asking. but we cant all be clever. john.? in fact i thought the forum was to ask ??? as i no what baggage allowence is 20kls each but with hiedi saying gargo . ithought she might no. ps estate agents are the best to ask as they deal with house owners more then enybody . as for your flight tickets bit late when you pick them up at airport. thanks sandra???@?

penny

I've seen a lot of people check in over-sized items when at airport check-in desks. If it's wrapped/packed well and you are prepared to pay for excess baggage, if the total is over 20kg, then I can it being no problem. Airlines take skis and stuff like that, so why not mirrors and the preverbal kitchen sink. I'm off next week to do some DIY and besides painting stuff also taking a feather duster!!
Penny

Lynda

In my dreams I'm dancing
Hi penny I agree with you I have seen all sorts being put through customs and not all wrapped well.. you only have to travel on a Turkish airlines flight to play the " what on earth is in that parcel" game:D I saw you put "painting things" on your thread do be careful as some paints are considered as hazardous and as such illegal on flight. :)

Gail

Sandra you keep asking away, that is exactly what the forum is for. I think someone bashed John over the nut with a grumpy stick, either that or he was tired ;)[:X]

Gail:)

steve

hey sandra just you ignore grumpy draws ..... i think it was a perfectly good question to ask and like gail says thats what the forum is for ! we are going over in may and intend taking 2 tables with us - wrapped and packed. they weigh 21kg so if we have to pay the extra then we will. there is nothing in the terms and conditions regarding this as i have looked, so we will just have to see what they say when we arrive at the airport.

steve

BRUSANDRA

cheers steve and gail. we are allowed 20 kls each so iam going to take pictures mirrows ect.. husbands face is a picture. what do you want to take that for and what do you want to take
that for. cause i am so there. isent for a todays special value of qvc and its 2 chests one inside of the other cream with flowers and they are hand painted. allboxed very well. quite heavy but i am going to chance them. so there. sandra lol

Mushtaq

Founding Member
Sandra, your will have to make sure any breakable stuff you are taking is really well packed, the luggage handlers do not take much notice of Fragile stickers, and will throw stuff around.

I always find things broken in my luggage.....

BRUSANDRA

cheers. mushtaq. iwill be careful packing but as they say yu pays ya money yu takes ya chances
sandra lol

Latest Posts

Top Bottom