Chasey

How much is a unit of electricity?
Hi can someone let me know how much a unit of electricity is/ We have been getting some monster bills like 1600tl for one apartment for one weeks occupancy and they don't make sense. BUT we don't know how much its gone up since 2019 with inflation

Thanks

juco

What used to be quite common was someone tapping in to your supply, worth checking.

butt007

Warren
Hi Chasey. Have just had a look at our last monthly electric bill which is 216.6 liras and it is .71 kurus per unit. So why yours is 1600lira for 1 week???!!! Maybe something wrong with your meter or somebody else in another aptm. is connecting up to your meter and using your electric. That is not unheard of. Good luck, hope you find out the problem. ceers Butt007

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
That's remarkably cheap Warren, It costs double the price here in the UK, Chasey, are you on single tariff, triple tariff, builders rates or site sell on rates ?

Martin

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Is that 1600TL since the meter was last read with only 1 week's occupation?

butt007

Warren
Yes Yalimart. Leccy is cheap here in Turkey. 216liras works out at a fraction over 20quid in the UK at the exchange rate I got earlier this month. butt007

ted j

160 tl this month
running 2 TVs
1 laptop
chargers for 2 phones, 1 ipad
all lights
electric oven
microwave (not often)
slow cooker
halogen oven
plasma heater (last 2 days for an hour or so )
wall mounted fan heater in the main bathroom (for approx 30 mins a day)
immersion heater in the soar tank (@2.5 hours per day )

£4 a week for all that to me is a bargain

Kanga

We once had a water bill for several thousands and it turned out the builder of the block of flats had 'forgotten' to pay the water bill when he finished.

mollag

Kipper restorer
Y'all dont know your born, 16p a unit here [IOM] or 1.62 Tl :Cry:

oops, just checked 16.9 p per unit now:rolleyes:

Last edited:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Y'all dont know your born, 16p a unit here [IOM] or 1.62 Tl :Cry:

oops, just checked 16.9 p per unit now:rolleyes:

12.5p per kwh here, 25p per day standing charge, 11500 kwh annual estimate and we are all electric.
we do get over a £1000 per year refund on the RHI scheme though.

Martin

Chasey

Not my meter but this person has been on site a total of 4 weeks since the last meter reading. Its an apartment so I doubt if its easily tapped or electric unless somone has been using the apartment without their knowladge

Not my meter but this person has been on site a total of 4 weeks since the last meter reading. Its an apartment so I doubt if its easily tapped or electric unless somone has been using the apartment without their knowladge

Electric/water tapping in Turkey for some is second nature. TBH the UK is not far off either.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
160 tl this month
running 2 TVs
1 laptop
chargers for 2 phones, 1 ipad
all lights
electric oven
microwave (not often)
slow cooker
halogen oven
plasma heater (last 2 days for an hour or so )
wall mounted fan heater in the main bathroom (for approx 30 mins a day)
immersion heater in the soar tank (@2.5 hours per day )

£4 a week for all that to me is a bargain

Dirty beggar, no washing machine? Typical man

oldfogy

Just passing through
Hi can someone let me know how much a unit of electricity is/ We have been getting some monster bills like 1600tl for one apartment for one weeks occupancy and they don't make sense. BUT we don't know how much its gone up since 2019 with inflation

Thanks

As a "AVERAGE price" you will not be far out at calculating at 0.75 crus per unit.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom