bickern

How men can torture women in Turkey
Makes very sad reading.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Yasemin lives in Yozgat. She was adopted when she was a baby. She got married when she was 22, very much in love. Six months into her marriage, when she was six-months pregnant, her husband beat her for the first time. After her daughter was born, the violence escalated.

“He poured hot tea on me. He beat me with an iron,” Yasemin said. She wanted a divorce but her husband told her that he wouldn’t leave her alone. During her second pregnancy he stopped beating her, assuming that the child would be a boy. After the birth, he started again. He hung her from the ceiling with a rope. He took her down at the last minute but kept beating her. He broke an umbrella while beating her on the street. Other forms of violence and torture continued.

On one occasion the police took Yasemin to her mother’s house. Her husband followed, broke down the doors, and stabbed Yasemin. He was sentenced to four years in jail but he only served 20 months. Yasemin got a divorce while he was in jail.

But he continued to threaten her. Yasemin filed complaints but she was given the same answer every time: We can’t do anything until he commits a crime.

Yasemin’s 70-year-old father was stabbed and killed on his way to the mosque by the ex-husband, who was sentenced to 29 years in jail. He served eight years before he was transferred to an open prison. He continued his threats from there. He was able to take one week of leave every three months while in that jail and he threatened and harassed Yasemin on those weeks. She asked the authorities to warn her about when he would be on leave but nobody paid attention. Yasemin started calculating the days he was due to be on leave; when the time approached, she would stock up food at home and not leave the house.

One time, when he was in front of her house, their 14-year-old son went down to him, afraid that he would harm his mother. They got into a fight and the ex-husband was injured. The 14-year-old boy now faces jail because he tried to protect his mother from his cruel father.

The police asked Yasemin why she was so concerned about a man who was already serving a jail sentence. The same police officer told her on her last visit that they could not provide 24-hour protection to her. “There are so many women like you. If we assigned a police officer to everybody, we wouldn’t have enough staff left. Everyone should protect themselves,” he said. Yasemin told him then she would get herself a gun. The police officer said “As you wish.”

Yasemin’s ex-husband’s jail term is due to end in June 2017. This man has been sentenced so many times and is still serving time – although he is in an open prison. He continues to threaten the woman whose father he murdered, as well as other family members. He has turned her life into hell. The security forces and prosecutors are just watching.

This country is full of stories like this.

The state cannot protect women.

I am calling on the Ministry of Family and Social Policies. Yasemin is now a potential murder victim. Do something to protect her.

This is how men torture women - MEL?S ALPHAN

teosgirl

The police asked Yasemin why she was so concerned about a man who was already serving a jail sentence. The same police officer told her on her last visit that they could not provide 24-hour protection to her. “There are so many women like you. If we assigned a police officer to everybody, we wouldn’t have enough staff left. Everyone should protect themselves,” he said. Yasemin told him then she would get herself a gun. The police officer said “As you wish.”

Unfortunately an all too common story in Turkey, as Melis writes. The government not only has a responsibility to protect its citizens but it also has legal obligations to provide womens shelters for every district with a population of 50,000 residents or more.
Therefore Turkey is required by law to build over 1000 women's shelters but in the past 15 years the state has built less than 10. However the state has built *and financially supports* hundreds of new mosques.
Women do not receive income support, housing benefit or any other aid which may enable them to escape their abusive situations, meaning the responsibility predominantly lies with family and friends.

Unfortunately this government has no intention of disturbing the misogynistic social structure - gender equality means less control over women and it's the last thing they want.

In Izmir the local council has a list of women (many with children) in need of support, this list is provided to NGO's and during my time as a charity coordinator for the IWAI I managed to coordinate a donation of household goods including furniture to one of the women on the list. She'd escaped her husband and was trying to set up a new life for herself. So I know how unbelievably difficult it is to start over without help and protection from the government, women are held hostage by these financial burdens and abusive spouses often rely on this fact.

As this article says, on paper the current regime has improved the situation but it's only on paper - without proper implementation of the laws, women will continue to be murdered; many of whom knew it would become their fate and could turn to no one to prevent it.
I can't imagine such a life.

Charlotte

TNT123

To Young to be This Old
Coming to your street very soon.

I think it arrived years ago Des only it was covered up by gov and elders.
The sooner the mind set of these backward thinking people is changed forward to the 21 st century I can only feel things will get worse with more and more coming and living in the UK.Thankfully not all Muslims think like this,but I feel sorry for the women of these evil sadistic men.A dark ally one night and someone could do the world a favour getting rid of this scum of an inbred.

Trev.

bal canavar

“Je suis l'humanité.”
Yes we live in a sick world unfortunately, what man can do man women ,child makes me wonder ,is it a world you would like to bring a child into.

Paedophile raped babies, toddlers while in Malaysia

LONDON: A British paedophile has admitted to committing a string of sex attacks on children as young as six months, some from poor families in Malaysia.

Richard Huckle (pix), 30, took pictures and video footage of himself abusing the children which he uploaded to the dark web - a hard to access part of the Internet often used for illegal activity.

Investigators found over 20,000 indecent images on his computer, while Huckle also kept a ledger of his attacks and wrote a manual called “Paedophiles And Poverty: Child Lover Guide”.

Graphic details of dozens of sexual offences by Huckle emerged for the first time Wednesday as his sentencing hearing started in London.

Huckle, faced a total of 91 charges including against 23 children in Kuala Lumpur, where he set himself up as an English teacher.

His victims were aged between six months and 12 years and the offences were committed between 2006 and 2014.

Prosecutor Brian O’Neill said the abuse often included taking photographs of children and putting them online.

“Those images of child abuse will inevitably have been shared with other paedophiles and therefore been the subject of uncontrolled worldwide distribution,” O’Neill added.

Huckle was arrested at London Gatwick airport in December 2014 as he came home to Britain from Malaysia for Christmas.

He initially denied all 91 charges but later admitted 71 of them during a string of further hearings. The charges include 14 counts of rape and 31 of sexual assault.

Judge Peter Rook has said he was considering a life sentence in the case, which he said was one of “exceptional gravity”.

Huckle, of Ashford in southeast England, was appearing at London’s Central Criminal Court, also known as the Old Bailey, for a sentencing hearing expected to conclude on Friday.

Reporting of the case was restricted until now because investigators wanted to make sure victims were safe from other online sexual predators. – AFP

Related stories:

How British paedophile Huckle was caught

Huckle a 'middle class, grammar school boy'

Paedophile raped babies, toddlers while in Malaysia - Nation | The Star Online

UK paedophile 'took children to church' in Malaysia - Channel NewsAsia

He has been charged with the above ,but he is believed to abused thousands and shared it with other sexual predators around the world. Even on occasions taking his victims to church.

In his manual he wrote that he had found access to a a girl of 6 months and had sex with her on occasions right until she was 12years, bragging to his sick friends ,that he didn't know of any other person that has ever been able to have timline abuse pictures of one girl from 6 month till twelve years.
Chemical castration would be to good, this sick individual should be put down, and not humanely, to call him animmal would be a diservice to annimals...........................makes me ill to think of it

Maisie

Why chemical castration? Proper physical castration with a rusty knife and no anaesthetic sounds good to me! Also, in public so it can be seen to be done and pictures can be sent via the internet, posted on the sites these sick people use.

Maisie

teosgirl

Yes we live in a sick world unfortunately, what man can do man women ,child makes me wonder ,is it a world you would like to bring a child into.

LONDON: A British paedophile has admitted to committing a string of sex attacks on children as young as six months, some from poor families in Malaysia.

Richard Huckle (pix), 30, took pictures and video footage of himself abusing the children which he uploaded to the dark web - a hard to access part of the Internet often used for illegal activity.

Investigators found over 20,000 indecent images on his computer, while Huckle also kept a ledger of his attacks and wrote a manual called “Paedophiles And Poverty: Child Lover Guide”.

Graphic details of dozens of sexual offences by Huckle emerged for the first time Wednesday as his sentencing hearing started in London.

Huckle, faced a total of 91 charges including against 23 children in Kuala Lumpur, where he set himself up as an English teacher.

His victims were aged between six months and 12 years and the offences were committed between 2006 and 2014.

Prosecutor Brian O’Neill said the abuse often included taking photographs of children and putting them online.

“Those images of child abuse will inevitably have been shared with other paedophiles and therefore been the subject of uncontrolled worldwide distribution,” O’Neill added.

Huckle was arrested at London Gatwick airport in December 2014 as he came home to Britain from Malaysia for Christmas.

He initially denied all 91 charges but later admitted 71 of them during a string of further hearings. The charges include 14 counts of rape and 31 of sexual assault.

Judge Peter Rook has said he was considering a life sentence in the case, which he said was one of “exceptional gravity”.

Huckle, of Ashford in southeast England, was appearing at London’s Central Criminal Court, also known as the Old Bailey, for a sentencing hearing expected to conclude on Friday.

Reporting of the case was restricted until now because investigators wanted to make sure victims were safe from other online sexual predators. – AFP

Related stories:

He has been charged with the above ,but he is believed to abused thousands and shared it with other sexual predators around the world. Even on occasions taking his victims to church.

In his manual he wrote that he had found access to a a girl of 6 months and had sex with her on occasions right until she was 12years, bragging to his sick friends ,that he didn't know of any other person that has ever been able to have timline abuse pictures of one girl from 6 month till twelve years.
Chemical castration would be to good, this sick individual should be put down, and not humanely, to call him animmal would be a diservice to annimals...........................makes me ill to think of it

Bal,

I find it extremely offensive that you would hijack a thread about the abuse of women and the lack of protection by the Turkish government, in order to highlight that Britain has paedophiles.

Grow up please, paedophiles, wife beaters, serial killers - they are everywhere. This thread was about an article written by a woman, a Turkish woman, who is complaining about the lack of safety provided by the state. If you have nothing constructive to contribute to this subject then perhaps you have more in common with the AKP than I thought.

Charlotte

pepperkat

From"Gods Own Country"
Why chemical castration? Proper physical castration with a rusty knife and no anaesthetic sounds good to me! Also, in public so it can be seen to be done and pictures can be sent via the internet, posted on the sites these sick people use.

Maisie

I would prefer to see them castrated at the neck, removal of the head ensures no further cruelty by them.

TNT123

To Young to be This Old

Related stories:

I have to agree with Charlotte here Bal,its like we attack a Muslim wife beater so you make a excuse for it by posting this crap.
We all know and are disgusted about this pedo,but this thread is about a wife beating murder and it being common place in most Muslim countries.What are your thoughts and opinions on that,if you have any.

Trev.

bal canavar

“Je suis l'humanité.”
No it wasn't meant as hijack. I condemn as I always have abuse that happens in Turkey too. I didn't pick pacifically the UK as implied, for my post but like Bickern had read this equally sick abuse story ,and decided to highlight on a thread that was highlighting abuse.

So no excuse were made by me for either of the sickening abuses .

I do so all the time,stand up for the rights of women why wouldn't I , but have no differentiation on on the type etc , but condem the abuse itself ,be it on man woman or child (or animal) ..... gender race religion or creed.

I find the condescension, by implication, that it was childish to highlight an abuse, for any other reason than how it was meant , and nothing more than it was condemnation of abuse . Says more of the person that suggests it and how they think ,as it was far from my mind . I was highlighting a world issue that of abuse not country/religion pacific. Nor did I think this thread was or should be and thats my opinion as you may have yours .

To associate me with being like the AKP is the biggest joke , laughable like the other implications ha ha ........

I was surprised Trev on you saying I would excuse this woman's abuse,I thought you knew me better from my posts ,like my thread I posted

http://www.turkishliving.com/forums/news-views/78280-turkish-woman-brutally-murdered.html

Last edited:

TNT123

To Young to be This Old
No it wasn't meant as hijack. I condemn as I always have , abuse that happens in Turkey too, I didn't pick pacifically the UK as implied for my post but like Bickern had read this equally sick abuse story ,and decided to highlight on a thread that was highlighting abuse.

So no excuse were made by me for either of the abuses sickening abuses .

I do so all the time,stand up for the rights of women why wouldn't I , but have no differentiation on on the type etc , but condem the abuse itself ,be it on man woman or child (or annimal) ..... gender race religion or creed.

I find the condescension, by implication, that it was childish to highlight an abuse, for any other reason than how it was meant , and nothing more than it was condemnation of abuse . Says more of the person that suggests it and how they think ,as it was far from my mind . I was highlighting a world issue that of abuse not country/religion pacific. Nor did I think this thread was or should be and thats my opinion as you may have yours .

Wıth all due respect Bal and I do ındeed have a lot of respect for you and your posts,BUT,commenting on thıs thread about ıts content ıs what you should have done,ıf you feel that the pedo gıt warrants discussion and opınıons you should have started a thread about that.I meant no offence ın my post to you.

Trev.

teosgirl

You didn't comment about this woman, or the article content on how men can torture women IN TURKEY.
It's in the title Bal, you skipped right over it.

Charlotte

bal canavar

“Je suis l'humanité.”
You didn't comment about this woman, or the article content on how men can torture women IN TURKEY.
It's in the title Bal, you skipped right over it.

Charlotte

I read Norman's post and also read his link thanked him for his post, to show my agreement in highlighting the abuse.

Then showed by my post another form of torture and abuse just as insidious happening in the world.

Though why am I am having to explain my posts I don't know. Does Des post meet your above critera.

Is torture ,abuse not specific enough now ? has it to be gender, religion ,country specific as well ?????? better not look on other threads then, or you will be moderating all day .

Last edited:

teosgirl

Des made a comment (which I didn't thank btw) based on his opinion and the current political climate, because Turkey IS still trying to join the EU.

I took his post to mean that he believes if Turkey joins the EU, and were Turkish families to live in Britain, those who abuse would continue to operate in the same fashion, that their treatment of women would continue regardless of neighbourhood.

At least it had something to do with the original post.

You don't have to explain yourself, but I am free to comment on the content of your post.

Charlotte

bal canavar

“Je suis l'humanité.”
Des made a comment (which I didn't thank btw) based on his opinion and the current political climate, because Turkey IS still trying to join the EU.

I took his post to mean that he believes if Turkey joins the EU, and were Turkish families to live in Britain, those who abuse would continue to operate in the same fashion, that their treatment of women would continue regardless of neighbourhood.

You don't have to explain yourself, but I am free to comment on the content of your post.

Something I never try to do Charlotte , deny the right to comment .

Charlotte

Something I never try to do Charlotte , deny anyone the right to comment or reply .

I find it strange you can't see both abuse and torture having something to do with the original post.

But can make a supposition from a six word sentence from Des.

But we agree on many other things to make it an issue.

As the disagreement , and the reply posts, on how specific my post is meant to be, is distracting from two terrible abuses by an abusive husband and the dispicable consquences and man who rapes children. All important serious subjects .

PS Charlotte we could always blame the disagreement on Norman for some reason maybe being a mod will do LOL ..... sorry Norm.

Last edited:

Yalides

Am I pretty ?

Charlotte

Of course you are Charlotte and I appreciate and understand your reply. Unfortunately these days all muslims are tarred with the same brush (wrongly in my opinion when applied to the Turks or Kurds generally by experience) but their behaviour in the western world leaves much to be desired. Their reluctance to integrate, assimilate into western culture is pathetic. We are not an islamlic based ideology and if they want to come here they have to accept our ways of life. If they do then they generally will find us very accomodating. They cannot have a mosque on every street corner or expect us to give up our choices of food, dress or behaviour to suit their beliefs. Its don`t like it then don`t come. We really do not want your barbaric habits here, we have enough of our own to cope with. Simples.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom