mikehibb

How is the weather?
Hi all.

As above, how is the weather at the moment? looking at the forecasts it is pretty hot.

See you all soon, flying over on friday for a couple of weeks. Should I bring some extra sun cream?

Looking forward to cold Efes in iced glasses.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
How is the weather?
Ill also be there sometime over the weekend maybe monday, and i also look forward to glass of ice cold beer - got to be better than painting the hall stairs and landing back home.

martin

butt007

Warren
How is the weather?
Yes it's mighty hot here now, bring loads of high protection sun cream, temp aroung 100deg, forget cardys, longys, etc don't need em.
Warren

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
How is the weather?
god you people r so lucky!!!, just think of Brittish weather!!! such random weather. what i wud do for 30C for a whole week!

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
How is the weather?
Been HOT here in Ankara for the last week....between 30-34.

Cold Beer Helps...lol

:cheers:

Biker Bob

butt007

Warren
How is the weather?
Yes it's great zuberdust but unfotunately the humidity is now arriving with it, and it becomes very uncomfortable moving around, just a 100mtr walk and the sweat is running down your face, chest, back, everywhere.
Last August here on one day the humidity reached 97%, can you imagine that!!!! it was like being in a Turkish bath.
Warren

zuberdust

How is the weather?
Yes it's great zuberdust but unfotunately the humidity is now arriving with it, and it becomes very uncomfortable moving around, just a 100mtr walk and the sweat is running down your face, chest, back, everywhere.
Last August here on one day the humidity reached 97%, can you imagine that!!!! it was like being in a Turkish bath.
Warren

oh gosh the heat i wud like but the stikyness wetness! eww noway!, id be in the shower every half hour!, well stay indoors wirh the air con on! how nice wud that be, drinking a cold glass of mint and chocolate ice cream milkshake!!! omg! wow

angiesco

How is the weather?
Lots and lots of high factor, don't forget the after sun. It is never cool now, except for in the freezer :)

ZD-mint ice-cream-one of my favouritedswhich they don't have in Turkey, even though mint is abundant at the moment.

Can anyone tell me the logic of why it feels hotter at night?

The heat has just begun and here I am moaning!!

Angie.

Pete&Mag

How is the weather?
Hi all.

As above, how is the weather at the moment? looking at the forecasts it is pretty hot.

See you all soon, flying over on friday for a couple of weeks. Should I bring some extra sun cream?

Looking forward to cold Efes in iced glasses.

Hi mike . Fair winds when you go. It must be great to dangle a six pack over the rear,Find somewhere nice,park up.drop your hook, and have a picnic. happy days. Pete

zuberdust

How is the weather?
Lots and lots of high factor, don't forget the after sun. It is never cool now, except for in the freezer :)

ZD-mint ice-cream-one of my favouritedswhich they don't have in Turkey, even though mint is abundant at the moment.

Can anyone tell me the logic of why it feels hotter at night?

The heat has just begun and here I am moaning!!

Angie.

omg u can make it yourself? ice cream is soo easy to make... all u need is double cream, milk, green colour, peppermint extract, and chocolate chips and sugar!....... wow! the results r to die for! TO DIE FOR!

jeff

bayview
How is the weather?
Summer weather forecasting in the UK is a lottery. Summer weather forecasting for the Bodrum peninsular is very simple: very very hot and sunny - guaranteed. Bring a hat and plenty of sun cream!

waterbaby

How is the weather?
It is getting soooo hot , the temp in my living room at 10pm last night was 29deg. Getting hotter by the day.

butt007

Warren
How is the weather?
The problem is a lack of insulation in the buildings, so the red hot sun shines all day and the concrete gets so hot, then the sun goes down and the temp drops, so it's lovely to sit on the balcony........ but.... go back inside and the walls are radiating heat into the rooms so, you sit there and swelter, unless of course you switch on the air-con then there's a fight to sit in front of it, ha,ha,ha.
Warren

pldouglas

How is the weather?
Summer before last was the last I shall ever spend in Turkey, I was so ill with the heat. Yes I had the sun block, the water, the long floppy clothes, the stupid hat, the lot and all I got was 3 doses of heat stroke.
The stuff that probably saved my life was DYRALITE. its the little sachets of granules you get from any chemists in UK that you would usually take after a bad stomach upset It replaces the essential fluids (those unable to be replaced by Efes alone) and at least stops the upset stomach and spinning head.
Do please take some with you, it is so worthwhile if you don't get on with the heat too well.

Harem

I've cliqued
How is the weather?
You won't get rehydrated by drinking Efes, in fact it will make you even more dehydrated. Stick to water.

pldouglas

How is the weather?
You won't get rehydrated by drinking Efes, in fact it will make you even more dehydrated. Stick to water.

Yes I do realise that, I was actually trying to make light of a horrible experience, heatstroke is not a lot of fun and incomprehensible to those lucky enough not to suffer from it.

jeff

bayview
How is the weather?
Summer before last was the last I shall ever spend in Turkey, I was so ill with the heat. Yes I had the sun block, the water, the long floppy clothes, the stupid hat, the lot and all I got was 3 doses of heat stroke.
The stuff that probably saved my life was DYRALITE. its the little sachets of granules you get from any chemists in UK that you would usually take after a bad stomach upset It replaces the essential fluids (those unable to be replaced by Efes alone) and at least stops the upset stomach and spinning head.
Do please take some with you, it is so worthwhile if you don't get on with the heat too well.
I second that. I got heatstroke once last Summer and it is very important to rehydrate with something like Dyralite (at least I think that's what it is called). Boots do their own cheaper equivalent but is essentially the same stuff. Tastes pretty awful but does the job.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
How is the weather?
Hi Mike -- yes it"s hotting up nicely now - you certainly will be dipping your toes in the sea this visit !
The efes is ready for you - chilling nicely
Hope you will be able to make our " Belly Dancing " evening on 23 rd -

How is the weather?
Thunder here at the moment oh and the rain has just started. Glad my pool has been sorted as looks like I'll be in it a lot next week. Off to Boots now for the Dyralite

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
How is the weather?
Thunder here at the moment oh and the rain has just started. Glad my pool has been sorted as looks like I'll be in it a lot next week. Off to Boots now for the Dyralite

It has rained most of today here in Thornton-Cleveleys, wish I was off to Sunny Yalikavak next week, got to wait till 10th July. I too have put Darylite on my list, my hubby got heat stroke, in the Caribbean four years ago, he was very dehydrated and I'd packed some then. Thanks for the reminder PLDouglas.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom