tomc1984

How does the forum work?
Still not sure how the forum works after being a member for over a year now. how does member status work, new members suddenly becoming senior members; people being allowed to close forums; being awarded greeners, what are greeners and who has the power to do this? Pardon my ignorance, am sure others are just as clueless on such matters, while there will be the more clued up out there who can provide the answers.

Martyn

How does the forum work?
Still not sure how the forum works after being a member for over a year now. how does member status work, new members suddenly becoming senior members; people being allowed to close forums; being awarded greeners, what are greeners and who has the power to do this? Pardon my ignorance, am sure others are just as clueless on such matters, while there will be the more clued up out there who can provide the answers.

Hi Tom

Basically you will find you automatically go up to a senior level after a certain number of posts but you can also edit what is under your name to what you want. Have a look under some peoples' names, we have some wags here :heh: Others you won't probably understand as they are legacy of some debates we have had such as cliques. You can also give rep or take away by clicking on the option(scales) at the bottom left hand corner of a post. i.e. if someone posts something you are upset by give them a negative rep or conversely a positive if you think it is good. You can also click on the triangle to report a post. This sends an email to all admin and mods. Typically this would be something that needs attention such as a racist post or someone spamming the forum. You can also give a 'thanks' if you agree with a post. Anyone can do all the above but only the mods and admin can delete threads/posts.

Last edited:

bobthenob

Non Active Member
How does the forum work?
Here is a link to the way the reputation works.Please bare in mind this thread is 4 years old and just recently it has now been updated with the member to have a choice to either click on the scales you see down the bottom left of your post.or just click on the thanks button to reward the member of their post.Also so many points to be gained,before you are rewarded with a visible rep point.
Also put your curser under the green points and you will notice a displayed title appears.This title one has is connected to how many points you have accumalated.
You'll get the hang of it once you know how the system works.

Here is the link
http://www.turkishliving.com/forums...697-forum-reputation-rep-whats-all-about.html

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
How does the forum work?
The Moderators are

KayaKoyuOldBoy(KKOB), Andy Chapman, Gail & Jcrian

The Adminstrator ( & Owner ) is Mushtaq

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
How does the forum work?
But can you remember what the advert was for ? :wink:

I'll give you a clue:- It was Ideal in 1968.

Last edited:
How does the forum work?
KKOB It will be a " Battle " to find the answer to this one but whoever does will be " Tops "

437b.jpg

heartgann

How does the forum work?
Alright, thanks for that wonderful information everyone. You know I always think that most forums would only level up your member status the moment you reach certain nos. of post. Well, here it looks like it is not as you can be a senior member even if you don't reach tons of posts or replies. I think here the quality matters. :)

martin m

How does the forum work?
Hi,
I know its a old thread but for the record, i think one moves to senior member after 100 post`s,
martin

Latest Posts

Top Bottom