pepperkat

From"Gods Own Country"
How do you mend broken hearts?
I am at a loss as to what to do. We have found my youngest son dead today.
It has devastated the whole family, Ann is bereft, my two grandaughters are in pieces as they have lost thier dad ( after losing thier mother to cancer two years ago) I have to man up and hold them together, but I am at a loss as to how I can ease thier pain, I normally find an answer for any problem thrown at me, but this has just knocked me overboard.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Bill

Im gutted and feel sick inside for you and your family, my next door neighbors have just gone through the same pain with their 35 year old daughter dying suddenly, she was found dead in bed by her 18 year old son, its early days yet, but the family have come together, lots of talking and sharing the pain, being strong for each other and crying together.

Martin

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
I really don't know what to say apart from you and your family are in my thoughts and I hope that you can remain strong and hold them all together, take care. xx

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Theres nothing you can do .. They have to go through the grieving process and they have to do it their own way ..So do you You can be there to listen and guide them to cry with them but you can't take the pain away . Do the practical things that need doing right now ..Remember its your loss too ..I'm sorry to hear such sad news ..May he RIP ..Diane

jewel

Oh Bill that is so tragic, there is nothing I can say to ease your pain............I am at a loss for words Bill truly I am..............thinking about you x jewel

kemerkid

________
How very sad, I really am lost for words. The loss of a parent is bad enough but a son is something we never expect. Be strong and God bless you all.

beyazbayan

You don't mend a broken heart but the pain does become bearable in time. İ can not imagine how you feel and can only pray that you find some peace and a way to go forward in this dreadful situation.

JohnF

You never expect to have to bury your children, I certainly dont.

A friend of mine suffered a similar bereavement and someone sent her this:

We are connected,
My child and I, by
An invisible cord
Not seen by the eye.

It's not like the cord
That connects us 'til birth
This cord can't been seen
By any on Earth.

This cord does it's work
Right from the start.
It binds us together
Attached to my heart.

I know that it's there
Though no one can see
The invisible cord
From my child to me.

The strength of this cord
Is hard to describe.
It can't be destroyed
It can't be denied.

It's stronger than any cord
Man could create
It withstands the test
Can hold any weight.

And though you are gone,
Though you're not here with me,
The cord is still there
But no one can see.

It pulls at my heart
I am bruised...I am sore,
But this cord is my lifeline
As never before.

I am thankful that God
Connects us this way
A father and child
Death can't take it away!

I've kinda edited it, to reflect gender, maybe not that well - but you'll understand the sentiment I'm sure.

Ok, my edit is that I thought I could credit the author, but after half an hour on the old interweb, all I can come up with is either Anonymous or Unknown.

l am so sorry to hear of your huge loss peperkat.
Maybe this link will help you.lt is a link to the JW website
Loss of a Loved One: An Almost Unbearable Loss - Jehovah's Witnesses Official Web Site
Did you have to do that, seriously? So wrong.

JF

Last edited:

arrian

R.I.P
Bill, i am so very sorry to hear of your terrible loss. like the others, i don't have the words to help you. just being there for each other will help to ease the pain you are all feeling. i hope you can comfort each other.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Bill and family, I am just numb after reading your news. It just does not bear thinking about, may you all find the strength to get through what will be a harrowing time, all you can do is hard as it will be, stay strong for your wife and grandaughters. May your Son rest in peace Bill. x

Last edited:

val2661

Bill I am so very sorry to hear of your devastating news. You can never mend a broken heart, but you just stay strong for the others you love who are left and need to be cared for. My thoughts are with you and your family. Take care.

Val

pipermam

I am so sorry for your loss. I can't begin to imagine your pain. May you son rest in peace and may God grant you the strength to help your grandchildren.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom