carolk

R.I.P
How do you know when you are happy?
Well for me - I play music!! I suddenly had the urge to listen to Shayne Ward sing 'Over the Rainbow' and I knew I was happy again. :D

I have just planted up my strawberry pot and put a CD on. I haven't put one on for months! I suddenly realised, I feel happy!! Hallelujah. :roundgrin

Martyn

Well for me - I play music!! I suddenly had the urge to listen to Shayne Ward sing 'Over the Rainbow' and I knew I was happy again. :D

I have just planted up my strawberry pot and put a CD on. I haven't put one on for months! I suddenly realised, I feel happy!! Hallelujah. :roundgrin

can't remember that far back Carol - happy? Oh yes :roundgrin

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Who's Shayne Ward.The only one l know of singing that song of over the rainbow is [whats her name in wizard of oz]

l'm always happy when l am gardening while at the same time listening to the sounds of nature around me

Martyn

My favourite Over The Rainbow. Going to have it at our funerals, hopefully a long way away.

Tess

:roundgrin Ah Carol, lovely to hear you are happy, that is a brill thing, and super positive and a credit to you considering what you are going through, a total inspiration :roundgrin
I'm happy too, I haven't got much but I have my health and strength and every morning I put my feet on the floor is a Super Day, so I am happy too!!
I like to put Michael Buble on and clean around and dance and sing to him, needless to say, that is when no one else is in, else they would get the guys in the Big White Van and a couple of sedatives LOL!!!!! :roundgrin

I am going to make a conscious effort to make every day a happy day and wish each and everyone the same, take care

Last edited:

maggie

Who's Shayne Ward.The only one l know of singing that song of over the rainbow is [whats her name in wizard of oz]

l'm always happy when l am gardening while at the same time listening to the sounds of nature around me

JUDY GARLAND i think was her name Bob.
Think her daughter is was Liza Minelli !!

Correct me if Im wrong.

Hugs Maggie xxx

carolk

R.I.P
Bob, hes a kid that won the X Factor, I have Judy's version of it but I think he just breathes new life into that beautiful song.

Martyn, I cant get Utube here, not techie enough, who is it??

Sharon, you always make me laugh:D Turkey was my 'Rainbow', four years in the planning etc. I hope this is a sign that the crushing depression and rage is over lol. I have listened to a few more tunes - music is like a dairy of your life, where you were, who you were with, what you did!!!

My favourite to clean up to is Meatloaf - Bat out of Hell!

As Scarlett would say 'Tomorrow is another day'! Lol :roundgrin

Guz1

I relax to any of the old ballads - Andy Williams, Matt Munro, Karen Carpenter.

The Beach Boys are best for housework - Little Old Lady from Pasadena goes great with window cleaning.

Martyn

[ame="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2665541/somewhere_over_the_rainbow_israel_kamakawiwoole/"]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2665541/somewhere_over_the_rainbow_israel_kamakawiwoole/[/ame]

Last edited:

angiesco

-sing- when your happy and you know it ....clap your hands,
when your happy and you know it....clap your hands,
when you happy and you know it and you really want to show it.......

:48:

carolk

R.I.P
Pete, I'm onto Fleetwood Mac now!!!

Do you mean a traveler? lol. But, he sings that song beautifully.

Music is equally good for the emotions whether happy or sad.

The Turtles- Happy together
The song Sue and I danced to on our 1st date

Katrina and the Waves - Walking on sunshine
My 1st dance with son Mark.

Dexys Midnight Runners-Cmon Eileen.
My 1st dance with daughter Amanda in a Devon pub via a jukebox.

Westlife- You raise me up.
Mum,s funeral

At 62
if emotional
Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars or Run.

If in air guitar mood
Guns 'n' Roses-Sweet child of mine
Kings of Leon-Anything at all!!

Certain songs bring so many memories back in your mind!!
People who dont like music have no soul!!

Last edited:

Peaceplant

Cat mad and unashamed
When I am happy I sing. Don't know I am doing it I just break into song.

angiesco

I agree with you Terry. Music brings out so many different emotions. Songs hold different memories of where you were and what you were doing when you heard it. I too have different songs for different moods and certain songs remind me of certain people. That is why certain songs just trigger the tears. Others make me turn them up loud and dance about.

Angie.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom