SAMIMI

EX MEMBER
How do you check internet credit on a Turkcell dongle?
I have a Turkcell dongle. I purchased 4GB internet last month but used it up very quickly with SKYPE using the camera and also uploading photos and phone calls.
This month I purchased another 4GB, I would like to check my usage each week by sending a text on this programme (Turkcell). Can someone please tell me what is the text number please?

We had the same problem usıng skype vıdeo.
Check your vıdeo settıngs,and lower ıt to the mıddle or lower defınıtıon.
We were usıng loads of download on a 8mp camera,but lowered ıt to 2mp,ın camera settıngs.
Mark

pipermam

When you open Vinn if you click on account it shows your remaining credit. So you could use this to monitor how much you use as you skype or upload photos. Check it before and after a skype call and you will see how many mb you used for that call.

Fuzzy

fuzzy
I have a Turkcell dongle. I purchased 4GB internet last month but used it up very quickly with SKYPE using the camera and also uploading photos and phone calls.
This month I purchased another 4GB, I would like to check my usage each week by sending a text on this programme (Turkcell). Can someone please tell me what is the text number please?
We click on the vinn screen, then " text" in the top row, then the "new " e mail icon, when the little screen comes up send it to 2222 and in the message box write KALAN all in capital letters and click send. it will immediately come back with an e mail for you saying how much you have left. We keep the camera off when using skype and found the 4 gigs a month was plenty then !

Price

dredboy
Sorry to ask this question, but does this apply to AVEA dongle also. No-one seems to know how to check credit left on Avea dongle Thanks

Briand

This is how we check ours, put sim card in turkish phone and press *159# and send wait a few seconds to receive a text open it and it shows you how many gb you have left hope this helps.

Briand.

SAMIMI

EX MEMBER
Sorry to be a pest! I've just sent the KALAN message to 2222. The message was sent but I've got no reply..............
7 minutes later......just got 3 replies, I have plenty of credit.......yippie!

Last edited:

Fuzzy

fuzzy
Glad you got it sorted, we find it quite economical and the gigs don't seem to get sucked up too fast do they ?

LHGRV

Hi, I am new to the site and was just wondering, what is a Vinn ? i have a wireless router with my Turkcell dongle plugged in, we constantly run out
of credit, even if we top-up with the largest package 10GB+ it runs out within a week :-( are we being cheated in any way! or are those movies / streaming video really large? i would really like to work out or at least see if i am using 10GB or not.

BTW - i was told the 10GB+ package is free after 2am in the morning! not that i am awake that time to try it out. i would have to schedule some downloads late at night if thats the case. Not sure my PC can cope with this.

Anyway back to ViNN where can i find this and what devise is it on?

SAMIMI

EX MEMBER
Hi LHGRV, welcome to TLF.
The Turkcell dongle is called VINN. I am still using mine but now I buy the 10GB package and it usually lasts for 3 months. I do not use it for downloading movies, utube or skype camera as this burns it up very quickly.
You can always put on skype camera for a few minutes then turn it off, chat away and then turn it on again to say goodbye!

gally

Hi I know this is an old thread but I also have a turkcell vinn. Bought and last used in 2017. Now have new 100gb turkcell sim installed but can't get balance anymore.
All my previous texts of kalan to 2222 are showing when I log in to the vinn portal with all the replies showing previous balances but now that number doesn't seem to work. Do I need to add extra money to the sim card so I have minutes and sms as well as data? Or has the balance number changed?
I've tried loads of different short code numbers including *123# but nothing gives me a reply.
Any help much appreciated, thanks.

sasha

Sorry to jump on but was wondering if anyone can tell me how to see how much I have used or have left on a huawei portable WiFi dongle with a turkcell sim in it.I do not have a Turkish mobile phone so can’t put it in a phone. Thank you

Latest Posts

Top Bottom