val2661

How do I get electricity supply put on??
Hi everyone
I bought land in 2006 and now have a 98% completed villa built on it. I paid in full for the villa build in November 2007 and although there is still work to be done to the outside of the property the builder has walked off site and is ignoring my calls. My problem is how do I get TEDAS to put on the electricity supply to the villa. All the wiring is complete and until the builder walked off site he was using a supply. Can someone please tell me in basic terms how I go about getting the supply on. Also, how do I apply for my habitation licence myself as I can't see my builder doing any more. Please, don't tell me to ask my lawyer as he's about as much use as a chocolate fireguard, telling me to talk to the builder. I have repeatedly tried talking to the builder but as there isn't any more money in my build for him, he's not interested.

I have a watertight contract, but also my lawyer keeps advising me not to go to law about it as it will cost lots me money and take time. All I want is to get electricity on to my villa and be able to move in.

Thanks

Val

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: How do i get electrcity supply put on??

Hi Val
You don't mention if you have your Tapu. You need this to get an electricity supply in your name.

juco

I have a watertight contract
Yet you paid in full! The answer to most of these problems is holding back money til job is completed.

It maybe that the lawyer is protecting your builder by saying don`t pursue it. Can you threaten to report what you paid to the tax people?

val2661

I do have a land tapu. Yes I know I paid in full but I was promised a build within 6 months if I did this.... I have tried threats, but as a woman alone in Turkey, they have a habit of intimidating me. This is all down to experience now, and in hindsight I would have done things differently. My problem now is how do I get TEDAS to supply electricity to the villa in my name. I have water supply.

Val

labman

Have you been to Tadas and asked? Stupid question but your builders would have been using site electric. Has their bill been paid?

OK

val2661

I would very much doubt that the builders have paid for any electricity. What I need to know is what do I have to take to TEDAS to get them to put the electricity bill in my name and switch the supply on. I have land tapu, tax number but no habitation licence yet as the builder has all my licences. I live quite a way from TEDAS office (2 long bus journeys) and really don't want to turn up without having what is required.

Val

labman

I would very much doubt that the builders have paid for any electricity. What I need to know is what do I have to take to TEDAS to get them to put the electricity bill in my name and switch the supply on. I have land tapu, tax number but no habitation licence yet as the builder has all my licences. I live quite a way from TEDAS office (2 long bus journeys) and really don't want to turn up without having what is required.

Val

Val,

Personally I would take everthing I had with me if you are that far away, passport, Tapu, any bills you have etc etc. Do you have a site meter? If so has a bill been left in there? are you on a complex? It will be difficult to speak to anyone so maybe take someone with you who can converse in Turkish and that will give you a little security as well if your carrying lots of documents.

You need to spend a little time reading through the forum with all the words you have mentioned put into the search menu at the top of the page....ie, habitation, Tapu etc etc, I understand that you just want to get the electric on but it is all linked together to a point, I have no habitation myself but have all bills in my name. There's huge amount of people in Turkey that don't have habitation also.

I would also get a different solicitior if he is giving you the replies you've indicated.

Hope that helps you a little?

LM

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
I know it's more money to shell out Val, but I'd advise you to hire a translator for your visit to Tedas. You've got more chance of a result if you've got someone "holding your hand".

Mushtaq

Founding Member
You also need to have the electrician who did the wiring to sign the paperwork before TEDAS will give you your own meter & supply, they may also not connect if the builder has not paid his electric bill.

Basically you need someone who can translate for you and take all your paperwork to TEDAS, who will then check and tell you what you need to do, I would plan a good few days of back and forth before getting connected.

val2661

I'm not on a site, it's a property on it's own plot of land. I don't recall seeing a meter by the electricity supply box (which is where I presume it will be). I'll trudge off to TEDAS and see how I go. Thanks for your help folks.

Val

Hi Val, I wonder what the outcome is of your struggle to connect the electricity to your house? We are in the same situation as you are with our latest purchase. It is an appartment new bult but without the habitication cert. We were told that it was a couple of weeks before we would get it but it never arrived. We have a meter and some people living in the block have electricity and water suplys from Tedas. We still don't know how they got connected but we will try to find out in August when we are going on a holliday. I wish you good luck in your struggle ,let us knnow how it went . We will also give feedback of our experience. My wife is Turkisch so the language will not be a problem.
Hi Labman, can you tell us how you got connected without the hab. certificate?
greetings, Marc

val2661

Hi Val, I wonder what the outcome is of your struggle to connect the electricity to your house? We are in the same situation as you are with our latest purchase. It is an appartment new bult but without the habitication cert. We were told that it was a couple of weeks before we would get it but it never arrived. We have a meter and some people living in the block have electricity and water suplys from Tedas. We still don't know how they got connected but we will try to find out in August when we are going on a holliday. I wish you good luck in your struggle ,let us knnow how it went . We will also give feedback of our experience. My wife is Turkisch so the language will not be a problem.
Hi Labman, can you tell us how you got connected without the hab. certificate?
greetings, Marc
Hi Marc

I didn't get it sorted at all. Still stalemate I'm afraid. My builder is requesting a lot of money for me to get the Iskan before I can get the electricity in my name. Good luck with your problems and let me know if you manage to get supply without habitation licence.

Val

Latest Posts

Top Bottom