Chasey

How can this be?
In this day and age why are no charges forthcoming?
Ahmaud Arbery, 25, was on his regular run through Brunswick, Georgia, when he encountered an armed white father and son

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/may/06/ahmaud-arbery-shooting-georgia

Because it's in the totally insane southern states of the USA where guns and gun law are way too liberal for the mentality of its occupants.

Don't get me wrong, as a gun owner myself I support gun ownership. The difference is in the USA in some states there are actual laws to support the use of guns for killing human beings for no good reason. The "stand your ground" law is one of these outrageous laws.

In any civilized country, these men would spend the rest of their lives in prison. The USA is a first world country with states that have a Third world human rights record.

Kanga

How can this be?
Because there are a lot of knuckle dragging neanderthals alive and well and living in the US.
Because they insist on the 'right to bear arms' .
Because, as above, the 'stand your ground' rule can be twisted.

Do they not have private prosecutions in the US? I'm sure that if they do, there will be enough people prepared to fund it through a website.

bickern

How can this be?
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFmsdAtOaC4"]Video appearing to show killing of black jogger Ahmaud Arbery sparks outrage - YouTube[/ame]

evo80

How can this be?
Because it's in the totally insane southern states of the USA where guns and gun law are way too liberal for the mentality of its occupants.

Don't get me wrong, as a gun owner myself I support gun ownership. The difference is in the USA in some states there are actual laws to support the use of guns for killing human beings for no good reason. The "stand your ground" law is one of these outrageous laws.

In any civilized country, these men would spend the rest of their lives in prison. The USA is a first world country with states that have a Third world human rights record.

My English buddy lives in LA and as a musician is back and forth to Nashville.He said to his California born wife what about moving to the South to save me all these air trips .She said forget it she is not moving there with all those gun crazy red necks .

Camden

How can this be?
Greater Manchester Police Tasering Black Man in front of his Child

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56EG_icCteo"]Greater Manchester Police Tasering Black Man in front of his Child - YouTube[/ame]

This is the shocking moment police Taser a father at a petrol station in front of his screaming child.

Disturbing footage shows two officers bringing Desmond Ziggy Mombeyarara, 34, to the ground as his son watches in Stretford, Greater Manchester.

The young boy is dragged away by one of the policemen towards the end of the clash at 11pm on Wednesday.

A witness, who recorded the incident on her phone, blasted what she called 'unnecessary force' against the father.

closer view video shown on link

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...er-father-screaming-child-petrol-station.html

navarro

navarro
How can this be?
In this day and age why are no charges forthcoming?
Ahmaud Arbery, 25, was on his regular run through Brunswick, Georgia, when he encountered an armed white father and son

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/may/06/ahmaud-arbery-shooting-georgia

To answer your question in the simplest form, in this particular case its all down to racism. Racism on the part of the offenders and also the Police, who had the video in their possession right from the start and yet looked for any way that they could get out of doing their job properly.

Arrests have now been made, but clearly only because of the public outcry, backed up by the video evidence. Don't hold your breath on true justice being done.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
How can this be?
What about charges against those who refused to prosecute in the first place? They are not fit for purpose.

evo80

How can this be?
I think in the South they were still hanging black folk from trees as late as the 1930s with no come back from the law.
The civil war down there is still a sore point.
Mind you if you visit and you are white English you will be popular as we supported the south in the war ,mainly because of the cotton trade.England had to pay huge reparation fees to the North at the end of the war because of our support for the confedarate states.
I remember a article where a english guy in a NY registered motorcycle was on a trip to the south when he was warned to fix a Union Jack symbol to the rear of the Bike ,because of North South animosity.

Last edited:

Kanga

How can this be?
If you want a unique perspective on the treatment of southern blacks in USA just listen carefully to the words of 'Strange Fruit' sung by Ella Fitzgerald.

I see that Desmond Ziggy Mombeyarara has been charged with multiple offences. Let's wait and see. GMP will have to be very careful.

Kalkan regular

The Golden Girls
How can this be?
I travelled in the USA in the early 70's and although I'd heard of racisim and discrimination I didn't understand it until I got there. I remember as we moved into the South we got off a Greyhound bus and I went to the toilets where there were about 6 'proper toilets with full doors on them they said 'whites only'. There were also 2 'hole in the floor' toilets with half doors. There was a long queue of black ladies, nobody in the 'whites only' toilets, but none of them tried to use them. They all stood back to let me in to use the whites only toilets but I refused and stood in line and used their toilets. They couldn't understand it and I had to say I was from England and I wouldn't accept it there so wouldn't accept it there. I think things have improved cosmetically but deep down........

Latest Posts

Top Bottom