aysel

how can I find a sponsor?
I am looking for a sponsor to buy tooth brushes and tooth paste for primary school children in a village school.A dentist will come to school and inform them about general brushing ..... .If you know anyone from Marmaris Rotary club or other groups who maybe willing to support my school children by providing sponsorship on buying them small toothpaste and toothbrushes.

Thank you on behalf of my children at school. :blowkiss:

kaplumba

Aysel, from time to time while I was teaching in UK schools, various toothpaste companies would send samples and brushes to schools and we would do projects on looking after teeth. I'll contact some of these companies and see if they will send you the samples or give them to me and I'll bring them out. I can't promise but I'll try my best.

PM me your schools name and address so that I can tell them where it is to go and also how many.

Last edited:

yalicat

Don't know if you would want people to bring new toothbrushes out to your area if they were coming to Turkey, Marmaris isn't my area and not out now til next year but Tesco are selling 2 toothbrushes in a sealed pack for 13 pence. Just bought 2 for the Christmas Purse Shoebox Appeal.

lindylou

Hi have you thought about advertising on channel 48 the Marmaris channel? Maybe if you got in touch with them they could help out with the advertising? .What school is it in Marmaris ? my son attends local school here maybe i could help?. lindylou x :clap:

flowerpotman

No Clique just Creak
let me know how many children and i will contact companys here it is what i am good at lol

when i was health visiting we used to get small samples of toothpaste and little brushes from different toothpaste firms for primary schools..Colgates were very good..what about Turkish toothpaste firms..maybe they would do it...its good for their sales promotions.

kaplumba

grrr- this is the reply I got from Colgate, not much help. I told them it was for Turkey not UK so this is obvioulsy a standard letter to teachers who ask for samples or help. Maybe flowerpotman could have a go at them. I'll try a few more companies today but Colgate were the ones that used to send samples to my school. I think Shirley's idea of contacting a Turkish company is a good idea.

Subject: Your recent e-mail to Colgate

Dear Mrs. Keevill,

Thank you for contacting us with your question. Your interest in our Company and our products is greatly appreciated. We are happy to have the opportunity to assist you.

We are pleased to inform you that the Bright Smiles Bright Future School Programme, designed to support the Key Stage 2 Science dental health module, has been transformed into an internet-based information service. Based on the feedback of our customers, the programme has been updated into an instantly accessible format, available to anyone who is involved in child dental health education. You can access the link to our Bright Smiles Bright Future School Programme through our website www.colgate.co.uk.

Unfortunately, we do not have trial sizes or samples of products to send to you.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for your interest in our Company and its products.

Yours sincerely

Jérôme Roux
Consumer Services Representative

010409631A

civciv

Not sure if this will work., but I worked for Tesco a few years ago and they always get letters from charities for donations.. they usually send gift vouchers to small charities. Anyway may be worth contacting them and refer to their nearest overseas branch to you i.e. Kipa Marmaris and perhaps they can help with a donation or have a contact in Kipa for you?

aysel

The school around mountains in Köyceğiz.I thought you may know Turkish Rotary club members in Marmaris to help my school in Beyobası area in Köyceğiz.School is 25 km away from center and many students are carried from long distances by school buses.I said Marmaris thinking you may know a Rotary club member there.
Between 22nd -27th NOVEMBER is the week to increase the awareness of dental hiegene.I have found a very nice dentist in Köyceğiz.He will come to school and inform the students with dental educational materials.. I thought it would be wonderful if we can provide toothbrushes ,because they will never forget the day and will keep on brushing their teeth from then on.
MANY THANKS FOR YOUR IDEAS ,NICE TO FEEL I AM NOT ALONE.
:angel:

There are 450 students ages between 6-14 years.I would be comfortable if support comes from a company.

Last edited:

alison09400

Aysel, would the local Belediye not help? Or maybe one of the "Dernekler"?
Kipa are selling a child's toothbrush with a free Disney toothpaste for just under 5ytl. I don't know how many you are looking for but you might get a donation from one of these places.

aysel

I forgot to write .There are 450 students at my school.Half of it the age of between 6-11 we call them first primary.Other half is between 11-14 years old.
Little ones need to be given small size of toothbrushes.

aysel

All my school children (450)have their toothpastes and toothbrushes today.Med. Dentist (Sargerme Rotary Chairman)Erinç ERGİN brought all his equipment to teach children how to brush their theeth and showed children a nice cartoon.An estate Agent owner ,dentist himself and market owner helped for sponsorship.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom