ceemac

Shake It Baby...
House Prices To Rise?
After taking a severe hit from the financial downturn, the real estate sector has managed to drive up housing sales again thanks to significant declines in mortgage interest rates and attractive promotions launched by housing firms.

Here

C

Freshness

House Prices To Rise?
After taking a severe hit from the financial downturn, the real estate sector has managed to drive up housing sales again thanks to significant declines in mortgage interest rates and attractive promotions launched by housing firms.

C
2010 will be the year of cheap houses, because some companies are making advirtisement as a promotion they sell studios for 39-49-59.000 turkish lira.
But I think at the end of 2010, house prices will rise and never get cheaper for a few years.

hijo

in my own clique
House Prices To Rise?
.. i would think it is obvious , stop the building ,of villas ,appartments in turkey and sell the backlog
there is so called new builds here in kusadasi that have been lying empty for years .... the market will never pick up until they are sold..

Saoirse

House Prices To Rise?
In one small area of Fethiye alone, where I used to have an appt there are currently around 500 empty properties

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
House Prices To Rise?
2010 will be the year of cheap houses, because some companies are making advirtisement as a promotion they sell studios for 39-49-59.000 turkish lira.
But I think at the end of 2010, house prices will rise and never get cheaper for a few years.

freshness,
what do you base this on ? surely while builders/developers are selling new property for next to nothing, then existing unsold property will remain on the market unless the developers of these also discount heavily and take a loss.

based on the number of properties unsold and lack of purchasers I feel that property prices will remain low, unless in areas where turks buy and holiday such as gundogan etc.

martin

House Prices To Rise?
It's simply a matter of demand and supply as the guys on this post have said...as long as the latter outstrips the former the prices will remain low. Look at Spain where they also built too many properties in the resort towns.

Peregrine

House Prices To Rise?
I'm still waiting for the market to catch up with the price we paid in 2003..

I agree. We were sold the "prices will double in 3 years" story - and fell for it

I dont see prices rising much in the next 3 to 5 years. If you bought as an investment then you have to look to the long term

Guz1

House Prices To Rise?
We weren't looking to make money out of it but had hoped it would hold its value. Maybe it did hold its value but not at the prices we paid. I've long since come to the conclusion that "long term" means a generation or two.

Mushroom

House Prices To Rise?
If you bought a property in Turkey expecting a quick profit within a year or two, then you are contenders for buying a jar of London Fog.
If you think there will be a significant rise within 3-5 years you are optimistic and probably misguided, but I hope you are right.
If you think that Turkey will be in the Eu within the next 10 years you are still optimistic but not entirely nuts.
If you have bought a property on a long term (10 years) investment, I hope you are right because that is my thought also.
If you have taken out borrowings/mortgages/debts against your investment, I could probably sell you a Lada and you are Losers who should have remained out of it entirely.
Prices will increase..........in time, but not quickly.

Freshness

House Prices To Rise?
If you bought a property in Turkey expecting a quick profit within a year or two, then you are contenders for buying a jar of London Fog.
If you think there will be a significant rise within 3-5 years you are optimistic and probably misguided, but I hope you are right.
If you think that Turkey will be in the Eu within the next 10 years you are still optimistic but not entirely nuts.
If you have bought a property on a long term (10 years) investment, I hope you are right because that is my thought also.
If you have taken out borrowings/mortgages/debts against your investment, I could probably sell you a Lada and you are Losers who should have remained out of it entirely.
Prices will increase..........in time, but not quickly.
1-Turkey still offers cheapest houses in Europe
2-Turkey will be very powerful in next 10 year, and Im sure one day will come, EU will want to take Turkey as membership, on that day Turkey will be very powerful and wont choose to be part of EU:
3-EU is death and EU country economies will be worse in next 10 year
4-If you make investement on the right time, right location, you can make big profit in Turkey...In Turkey, opportunities never finish

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom