Pandora

House or pet sitting
Hello,Is anyone going away and do you need someone to house or pet sit (no pit bulls please!) We are trustworthy grandparents of nine! My husband is a retired building surveyor,and back in the UK always had dogs and a parrot,and a cat. We go home every school holidays; next dates we are in UK are 20 July until 3 Sept, then we are here until xmas time and back early Jan until Easter 2010.

We retired to Yesilkent last Sept and do like it here but just feel like a change of scenery.We are also experienced with animals I once gave my Bichon Friese a trim and did'nt notice the comb had come off the trimmers and she ended up with a stripe down her back!!!!!I promise not to give yours a trim!
If you are interested you can pm me,obviously there will be no charge it will be a break for us.
Pandora

Gail

House or pet sitting
Hello,Is anyone going away and do you need someone to house or pet sit (no pit bulls please!) We are trustworthy grandparents of nine! My husband is a retired building surveyor,and back in the UK always had dogs and a parrot,and a cat. We go home every school holidays; next dates we are in UK are 20 July until 3 Sept, then we are here until xmas time and back early Jan until Easter 2010.

We retired to Yesilkent last Sept and do like it here but just feel like a change of scenery.We are also experienced with animals I once gave my Bichon Friese a trim and did'nt notice the comb had come off the trimmers and she ended up with a stripe down her back!!!!!I promise not to give yours a trim!
If you are interested you can pm me,obviously there will be no charge it will be a break for us.
Pandora

We live in Turgutreis near Bodrum and have 4 dogs and a monkey so a little different from dogs and a parrot! We have no plans to go away in the near future and do have some lovely friends who come and look after our lot when we do go away but they like to travel themselves so I may call upon you one day, although I'm not sure it would be a break for you! Trimmers would be welcome you could maybe make the doberman look like a ridgeback lol

Pandora

House or pet sitting
Hi Gail
Never looked after a monkey before! always wanted one when I was a child.Thanks for keeping me in mind,had a little interest already and may advertise in the paper.

Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
House or pet sitting
What a lovely offer. I'm sure lots of people will gladly take you up on your offer and i will certainly keep you in mind if we ever pop back over to the uk.

I would love to see a picture of the monkey!

akbukcyd

House or pet sitting
Sounds a great idea! As I have a daschund, a Siamese and a Heinz 57, I will certainly put you top of my list!

Gail

House or pet sitting
What a lovely offer. I'm sure lots of people will gladly take you up on your offer and i will certainly keep you in mind if we ever pop back over to the uk.

I would love to see a picture of the monkey!

If you look at my photo album you will see him there.

KKOB you are soooooooooooooo rude :biggrin1:

Pandora

House or pet sitting
Thank you akbukcyd
my sister has a long haired dashund and they have such beautiful faces

Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
House or pet sitting
I have 2 Persian cats who are 9 months old and house cats. Big bundles of fluff and have really added some life to our place. Couldn't be without them now.

We also have a street dog who we have adopted and lives on our complex at Diamond Villas and she's a Turkish Hunting dog according to the vet and called Princess. She looks like a cross between a whippet and a dalmation to me.

Definitely advertise in Voices and i'm sure you'll get lots of offers.

carolk

R.I.P
House or pet sitting
A wonderful offer, will definitely keep it in mind. Thank you Pandora. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Pandora

House or pet sitting
Lyndset they sound lovely,my daughter and grandaughter both have house cats and at first I thought it would be difficult to keep them in,but they sit and look out of the window and get used to not going out (even when the children leave the door open)she seems wary of the big wide world! The reason she decided to keep them as house cats is because she lives next to a busy road.

Thank you Carol,have't got any pets myself because we live on a complex ,but hope next year to move.do miss having them though,I dont't feel a house is a home without pets.We lost our little dog a few years ago,and because we new we would be retiring over here did not get another one.Can't wait!

Last edited by a moderator:
House or pet sitting
Theres always a need for volunteers at the dog shelter to walk the dogs if you have time to spare when you are here

Pandora

House or pet sitting
Are they near the hospital? I don't have a car,but the buses are frequent from Yesilkent.I would'nt know where to go from the town.

House or pet sitting
Not far from hospital by car.
If you are interested,then if you send PM to Valian (member) she will be able to let you know if there are others from your area who go and have transport.
We go on Sundays and Val very kindly picks us up.

Gail

House or pet sitting
the wee monkey looks great. Whats the monkeys name?

His name is Gizmo he is real bundle of fun. We have him because he had 2 previous owners to us who were both Turkish and they tormented him something dreadful. I used to go down and feed him every day and then one day the guy said he didn't want him anymore and was going to rehome him and would I have him. Gary and I talked about it for a week then decided the best chance this little fella had was to come to us so we had a balcony made into a cage put swings and a little house in it and he has been with us ever since. He should be living in a troup of about 30 in his natural habitat in S Africa but that's not to be, he will live his life out with us and have to make do with Gary and me and 2 of our dogs for company!

Pandora if you want a change and would like to come to the peninsula you don't have to wait for us to go away, you can come here just for a little break if you like as we have an apartment under our house which is sat empty most of the time.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom