Dickyb

Hospitals in Fethiye
Hello Fethiye Folk,

I need some help regarding hospitals in the Fethiye area. My wife fractured her fifth metatarsal in her right foot recently. She was treated at ESNAF in Fethiye where the foot was put in a cast for four weeks. We went back yesterday and the bone hasn't healed. There is no sign of callous growth around the fracture and the two parts of bone are not fully aligned. The surgeon recommended wearing a light plaster and resting for two weeks, though he did seem to spend most of his time surfing the web!

Are there any other reputable hospitals, with contact details, that folk know about in the Fethiye area?

Many thanks in advance.

Dickyb

Harem

I've cliqued
Hospitals in Fethiye
When my friend broke her wrist she went to the devlet hospital and received first class service and the wrist healed well.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Hospitals in Fethiye
We use the Devlet / Government hospital and have always had good service and treatment there.

The other favourite hospital for expats is the Letoon which is just off of the main road to Karaculha at Patlangic. If travelling from Fethiye, you turn right opposite Kocatepe, the Nissan dealership.

Their contact details are on their website at LETOON HOSPITAL

If you use the "Tourism Department" phone number, you'll get someone who speaks English.

Last edited:
Hospitals in Fethiye
When my friend broke her wrist she went to the devlet hospital and received first class service and the wrist healed well.
As Harem knows I fell off my motorbike last September and gashed my head open.
The Government Devlet Hospital in Calis were brilliant and I was seen instantly for the wound to be stitched.
Couldnt fault the service at all.

Last edited:

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Hospitals in Fethiye
I have heard of other instances of bones set at Esnaf (which I use) not setting properly.

Ian

Hospitals in Fethiye
The ladies in the Letoon tourist office are very helpful.I believe that The Letoon is cheaper than ESNAF.

We have been to the State hospital on one occasion That was when my wife was bitten by a dog. The treatment she was recieved and the follow -up was very good.

pilch50

Hospitals in Fethiye
Hi

Where is the Devlet/Government hospital? Is it the new hospital next to the law courts, heading out of Calis to Fethiye.

Dickyb

Hospitals in Fethiye
Just an update. Went to the University hospital in Antalya for a second opinion. Saw an orthopeadic surgeon on the Monday. Two days later the wife went under the knife and had a plate and pins fitted to the compound fracture of the fifth metatarsal. The surgeon also repaired her fractured big toe which the ESNAF wallah had missed. That will be 3000TL, thank you!

Cheers,

Dickyb

jcrian

Hospitals in Fethiye
I had to take my sister to a private eye hospital in Fethiye last week.

She had scratched her eyeball badly and it obviously needed closer examination. They did tests on the eye and the surgeon removed 6 pieces of foreign body from her eye.

Excellant service and no waiting. Cost 60 tl.

Hospitals in Fethiye
Just to let everyone know Mrs DickyB is in good spiriits. She came back in the car with me from Antalya yesterday.
She,s going to be off her feet for another 4 weeks, so it will be a while before we can get up to mischief when we do my chemo run :)

Soo x

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Hospitals in Fethiye
Do they have translators at the Devlet - my Turkish very limited

Yes, they do have translators at the Devlet.

Go in the door on the right-hand side of the front of the building. As you enter, on your left is the desk marked "Vesne" and the next desk is the translators'. It's outside an office with "we can help you" sign-written across the window.

Take plenty of small-change and low denomination notes with you. You have to pay at each stage of your treatment.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom