Mikee100

Mikee100
Horse Riding
Hi,

We will be over again next week and cannot wait. Can anyone tell me about horse riding close by. I think there is a stables up on the Torba road but can anyone tell me what condition the horses are in and are the treks very strenuous, it been a few years and a few pounds since I've been riding!

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Horse Riding
Hı Mıke, you can go to the one at yashı whıch ıs ok, around 30tl for a one hours track, but thıs year my grand doughter has been havıng lessons at turgutrıes country ranch, whıch I thınk ıs a better set up, she ıs havıng ten lessons for one hour each 250tl, ıt ıs very well laıd out wıth a cafe ıf you dont want to leave the kıds on there own....Jım

Mikee100

Mikee100
Horse Riding
Thanks Ken. The other thing we must do this time is to come over to your place, we keep saying we are going to but we've made too many friends and end up with a full diary!! Over for 2 weeks this tie so will definately come over to Gonulcelen.
Mike

ChrisBobs

Horse Riding
The Farilya Farm off the main road from Yalıkavak past Gundogan has a dedicated band of resident and visitor riders, a good yard, and then access to the forest and the ridges for some wonderful trailrides.

CanadaMom

Horse Riding
Sorry for the delay - power went out in our sitise for a whıle. Farilya Farm is beautiful. 1 hr safari is 45 TL per person, no children,s dıscount. 15 min in the yard for 15 TL. My daughter and her friend went on the safari - loved it (I didn,t love the price :) ). We had a fair bit of waiting around - 30 min to talk to the head guy (I wanted a discount for the kids). Then another 2 hours because it was too hot, horses needed to rest, really it was because a British family had booked to come at 2pm and they wanted to take everyone toegther.

Horses are in great condition - well maintained, good dispositions. They check everyone in the yard before leaving on the trek - if you are too nervous they won,t take you up, but the ride around the yard usually does the trick to get you used to the horse and movements. Take water if you can - the girls were very hot when they came down.

I took a picnic, ate it on their outdoor tables, bought drınks from them - they seemed okay with it (Greatful Dead hippies seem to be runnıng the place - theır Englısh ıs very good). Not so many animals as I had read on a previous forum - a few dıfferent bırds and chikens runnıng around.

Kids loved it, whıch was the main thıng - I wısh I had done more research on pricing.

Mikee100

Mikee100
Horse Riding
Thanks for all the info. We will probably give it a go next week.
Enjoy the rest of your stay
Mike

Latest Posts

Top Bottom