Horizon Sky Coconut Grove
Do you already own a property or are you in the process of buying?
Where in Turkey is Horizon Sky Coconut Grove?

juco

Welcome Kaitsikubi, Tread carefully and dont rush in to buying, Many properties are very appealing but can have many pitfalls. Please use the forum for any questions you may have as there are lots on here with plenty of experience.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
No this will be my first property in Turkey. Horizon Sky is in Iasos, Bodrum.
I have not been to Iassos for about 15 years, but it used to be stunning. We looked at buying a house there in 1992! Good luck, please keep us informed of your progress, and feel free to ask any questions that you may have.
Listen to Juco, take care when buying, do not be persuaded to sign power of attorney to anyone you have not known and trusted for at least 3 years. Just because you can communicate with someone (eg, they have good English), does not mean that they will not cheat you.

429nufc

Ancient city and fish restaurant brilliant
I thought the holiday resorts intrusive, you'd need to find out about transport

Last edited:

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
Only buy after doing plenty of research and visiting the area, the intended property and speaking to other owners.

I don't know the area & have only visited Bodrum once. I have just Googled the place & it looks very nice. I may add it to my places to visit/holiday in when I move to Turkey next year. I have friends in the UK that have a place just outside Akbuk, so it would be on the way to visit them. Our villa is on the Mediterranean coast. We purchased it 16 years ago & are planning on moving there full time in about 13 months time.

All the best for your move.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
I don't know the area & have only visited Bodrum once. I have just Googled the place & it looks very nice. I may add it to my places to visit/holiday in when I move to Turkey next year. I have friends in the UK that have a place just outside Akbuk, so it would be on the way to visit them. Our villa is on the Mediterranean coast. We purchased it 16 years ago & are planning on moving there full time in about 13 months time.

All the best for your move.
I suggest the following trip, Bodrum to Milas, take the Izmir road for about 15km on your right you will see the ancient site of Euromos, intersting site, with a small amphitheater a few 100 meters away over the hill. Returntowards Milas, you will see the road to Iassos on the right. (I haven't been for many years, but this road was not one for the faint-hearted). Iassos for lunch and after-lunch stroll.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
I suggest the following trip, Bodrum to Milas, take the Izmir road for about 15km on your right you will see the ancient site of Euromos, intersting site, with a small amphitheater a few 100 meters away over the hill. Returntowards Milas, you will see the road to Iassos on the right. (I haven't been for many years, but this road was not one for the faint-hearted). Iassos for lunch and after-lunch stroll.
Road is now much improved but still a bit hairy here and there
Steve

Top Bottom