jimskem

honourable members=not
The Daily Telegraph newspaper, over the last few days, have published
expense claims submitted by M.P.s.
The information received by the Editor was allegedly supplied by an informant.
As i am unsure about naming many of these Honourable Members for legal
reasons, will post a brief account of their claims.
1 A number of M.P.s claimed £400 for food, even though Parliament was in recess.
2 5 Sinn Fein M.P.s claimed £500,000 over a 5 year period for second home
expenses, even though they refuse to take their seat in Parliament.
3 One M.P. claimed for disposable bibs, nail varnish, a womans blouse,
a pair of womans shoes. Nearly forgot to mention the M.P. was male.

4 £600 for hanging baskets. [ I know what your thinking]

5 Another member claimed for 3 different properties in one year.

6 one member had an 8 month battle with the fees office over his claim
for £16,500 on a single expenses claim.

7 How about the member who swithed the address of her second home to her sea side place, then claimed £22,000 to correct the dry rot problem.

8 Another claimed £25,000 for private security at her London residence.

9 One well known M.P. claimed £75,000 for a flat 12 miles awy from his
home address.

10 Now we know why the Speaker battled via the legal route for 4 years
to prevent these disclosures.

The Daily Telegraph say they will disclose more facts over the next few days.

Only seems like yesterday certain M.P.s were telling us how expensive it would be in allowing the Gurkhas entry into the U.K.

Martyn

honourable members=not
It's an absolute disgrace the way this has materialised. All they can say is they have worked within the rules, rules they probably have set up and agreed to. No party is excluded from this, I think they are all 'at it'.

honourable members=not
No MP should be allowed to claim any expenses related to a second home - it's an outrage in times when some people cannot even afford to pay a mortgage on one home.

They should be allowed an evening meal if they are required to stay in London as a legitimate subsistence expense and then they should stay in a hotel like any business person who has overnight business in london. Travel lodge, premier Inn, Holiday Inn etc not top of the range hotels since it should be for work and not a spa break.

Nonsense about not seeing their families doesn't fly with me - they knew that they would have to spend 1/3 of the year in London when they stood for their seats. Considering their excellent salaries and the holidays they have which are far in excess of any other public sector holiday and remuneration package, they should all be ejected and some honest folk put in their places!!

Change the rules that allow a fraud to be committed legally - we are paying for their lavish lifestyles and they have the nerve to moan on tv, threaten legal action etc...they make me sick!!!

v6cod

Living in Okcular
honourable members=not
All they can say is they have worked within the rules, rules they probably have set up and agreed to.

Martyn there is no probably about it, they set the rules, they set their own pay.

It is an absoute disgrace the way most of them play the system. I say most because I do think there are a few that are more "honourable" than the others but it is the exception rather than the norm in my view.

I agree with Irishmatelots' views of their expenses being limited to meals and an hotel room. They should be issued with a voucher on the day they attend parliament [lets face it not all of them are there every day when it is session] for that night.

honourable members=not
its disgraceful..and the same can be said for the expenses that Local/County Councillors claim..İ don't know if they still do but i remember when i was working it was outrageous the amount of expenses they claimed for travelling/meals etc just for attending meetings.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
honourable members=not
They create their own new world to feed off the people that keeps the backbone of Britian running.The Dishonouable members of politics are the virus of that backbone constantly feeding off the artery of ethics.

When they are given the title as the right honourable is to confuse the public into thinking they represent the community and to carry out their policies in a honourable way.

The real truth is.They pretend to be something their not by robbing the taxpayers as much as they like.Because they just keep altering the rules in their favour,but not for the people they should be representing.

Claiming to be honourable is a serious crime against commonsense when they have committed an act of betrayal towards the people that has elected them,which they have self-inflicted themselves with a mental attitude of being dishonourable towards the one's they should be representing.

l call these people profitless talkers,because of the way they have twisted logical thinking that makes it appears to be the right one.

Last edited:
honourable members=not
No doubt most of us have laughed at and wondered what it must be like to have corrupt members of government and opposition.

Now we know!

Mushroom

honourable members=not
These 'rules' have been systematically abused by all parties for donkeys years and our elected MP's have for many years forgotten that they are actually elected by the people, to represent the people.
This gravy train was originally all kept nicely under wraps and although most of us knew that they were putting their snouts in the trough, we did not know the specifics. Now we do.

The public are naturally angry because at a time when there is the credit crunch with unemployment and finances on a lot of people's minds, there cannot be anything more provoking than seeing these unqualified, and greedy people taking everything they can and a bit more besides, then taking the p**s by putting claims in which the average punter in the street cannot believe.

No-one has a problem with someone having to either travel to London from their constituency or stay over as and when required, it is the sheer scale of the way they have milked everything.

There is no doubt more to come and I don't think any party will be seen to be innocent, but there are some that have just taken the system and those paying for their outlandish claims (us) as being mugs.

Perhaps a simple declaration for those wishing to put their caps in the ring for election in a years time to the effect that they will claim only the bare minimum, furnish all details for scrutiny to the public on a quarterly basis and if found to have flounted the rules, in the first instance they pay it back with interest and in the second, they are bounced back out of their seat to let someone with a bit more honesty have a go.

As for Gordon McBrown's ideas of sorting things out, I would suggest he makes enquiries to see if he can claim for a tin hat and a stab vest !

kiaya

honourable members=not
Why are you all surprised. Is this not the reason we all want to live in another country. Don't beat yourself up about it and stop worrying about labour,conservative,liberal and anyone else who you support. Come to Turkiye and at least with all it's faults you will have a far better life than in the good old U.K. Also unless who have citizenship you can't vote so you have to go with the flow.

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
honourable members=not
Let me test your morals - would any of you in their position not claim for anything you could too?

Let's face it, a lot of us are just jealous heheh. I am trying to make a serious point though as I have no qualms in saying that I would be claiming these expenses too if I were in a similar position.

Please be honest....:D

C

bobthenob

Non Active Member
honourable members=not
Let me test your morals - would any of you in their position not claim for anything you could too?

Let's face it, a lot of us are just jealous heheh. I am trying to make a serious point though as I have no qualms in saying that I would be claiming these expenses too if I were in a similar position.

C

l have to be honest.lf the opportunity was there for me and was legally acceptable from the system.Yes l would claim for the things even down to a bag of horse manure.

But what gets me,is the way the government has blamed the system and not themselves,by the way they have made the rules in their favour.lsn't the government the system,then if that's the case,they should be blaming themselves and no one else.

Last edited:

Martyn

honourable members=not

C

I said this a while ago you can't blame people for exploiting the system, it's the system that is wrong. What really annoys me is they they set the system up so therefore they know how milk it but within the rules.

honourable members=not
One even claimed 5p for an Ikea carrier bag.

It's human nature to milk the system which is ludicrous at the present time.

There should be serviced apartments for all MP's that's where they stay when at the Commons - no outrageous claims for items for their second :hehe: homes in London as they won't have one.

Sue

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
honourable members=not
What upsets me is an elderly lady in my village cant get attendance allowance Dispite haveing throat cancer Reason = Shes NOT sick enough??????? With the money that All the MPs have claimed they could have built a Travelodge Type of Hotel for them And the Land in London wouldn.t cost them that much either. They could put a compulsury purchase order on the biggest Hotel near by and build Upwards . Instead they dismiss genuine cases of sick people . Wont pay for certain types of cancer drugs . And wont allow the ghurkas to live here . They only want to line thier own pockets !

parrot

honourable members=not
Gordon has apologised and said public confidence must be restored.The only I can see that happening is for him and the rest of the fiddling b------s to pay back what they swindled from us.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
honourable members=not
Gordon has apologised and said public confidence must be restored.The only I can see that happening is for him and the rest of the fiddling b------s to pay back what they swindled from us.

Hah Hah..What an insult.l don't know whether to laugh or kick the idiot up the backside.
He has said this for one reason only.He was rumbled and caught red handed and he is now trying to gain some sympathy from the one's he has swindled.
Their all the same,the devil takes care of it's own kind.The devil can change to looking like a innocent angel just to gain the control he wants and then he will tranform back to their evil ways.Do not believe the devil and his demons,because they are out to get you in any way they can.

parrot

honourable members=not
Gorbals Mick gets a bit angry,more at who leaked the M.Ps expenses,than the actual fiddling that has been going on,he would do,his nose has been well and truly very deep in the trough for years.

jimskem

honourable members=not
Still more Daily Telegraph inside information regarding our Right Honourables.
Two M.P.s from Luton, both Labour, one claimed under £5,000 for the last 4 years, saying it is not a problem travelling to Parliament from Luton.
The other Luton M.P. has claimed close on £75,000, because of the second home fiasco, £22,000 going to cure the dry rot problem on her sea side home.
Another claimed £568 for his ride on mower to be serviced, and £42 for a
puncture repair.
Someone claimed for a burst pipe that was under his swimming pool to be repaired. £2,000
One member claimed £115 plus v.a.t. for 25 light bulbs to be changed.
Another claim was for, among other things, £4.47 for dog food, but this person has promised to pay this amount back. When i heard this, it restored
my faith, i could actually feel myself filling up with emulsion.
Today i heard about a Premiership footballer who asked his wife to go easy with the spending, telling her, I'm not an M.P. you know

Martyn

honourable members=not
The way they side step all the questions is unbelievable, even Nick Clegg on TV this morning was at it. It's been rife for years and would have gone on for years if they hadn't been caught.

Peregrine

honourable members=not
good old Dave (Cameron)

those with the biggest snouts in the trough will be paying back the money they claimed

keep it coming I say - Gordon, whats next?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom