oldfogy

Just passing through
Hong Kong UK citizenship offer.
Now that you have mentioned WW2 personally I wouldn't let them in
I have never forgiven them for Pearl Harbor
Now that was definitely the Japanese, Chinese atrocities was during the Boxer wars/Revolution.

Chasey

..I’m not sure that ‘occupation’ is the right term here but Chiang Kai Shek might not have agreed. 😊

And were the Hong Kongers treated less well under British rule than under the Chinese? If so then why the cries of despair when the Union Jack was lowered?

And let’s not forget that the majority of these people are/were British nationals. IMO the Brit government acted shamefully in denying them the rights due to all Brit passport holders.

Yes we treated them very badly indeed. We were drug dealers on a simply massive scale, growing opium in India and trading it in China we managed to create an opium addiction epidemic.

When the emperor tried to ban the UK importing opium it resulted in conflict. So Queen Victoria sent in the military to crush the rebellion. Our canon over whelmed them It was a slaughter

The Chinese were then forced to pay reparations????????? for daring to try and stop the British drug lords selling their death into China and we took over Hongkong as part of the deal

The Communist over through of China happened much much later.

I don't know if you ever went to Hongkong? But its a typical example of very very rich areas and very very poor areas. It was the wild west of business. The successful were no doubt deeply concerned about the CCP taking over Hong Kong

The poor? Not so much

Chasey

But, in humanitarian terms, where do we put them?
Rhetoric is fine, but practicalities are still to be sorted.

Your joking right? We are desperate for these hard working people

Dont kid yourself that we were swamped by economic migrants against our will. We advertised for them

Our whole economic model was worked around the importation of cheep foreign labour who worked harder in worse conditions and complained less

We simply imported skills. We did away with aprentaships and training for critical staff 20 - 30 years ago. Now if we want a skilled person we just import one all trained up

Please remember the EU set up the Posted Workers Directive to try and STOP the UK importing cheep labour

Of course we didnt sign up to it. I mean how dare the EU demand we cant replace UK workers with cheaper foreign ones.

Thank god for Brexit now we can replace all the UK workers we want.

Theresa May as her final "take one or the teem" selfless act (with a peerage guaranteed no doubt) was to REMOVE the cap the NHS had on its importation of foreign workers.

Her job was to take responsibility for the Conservative party f#ck up that was Brexit and also to carry the can for lifting the cap on immigrant workers.

Does ANYONE with half a brain seriously believe May was the logical choice for the impossible Job of making a silk purse out of the Sows ear that was Brexit? She was put forward as a lamb for slaughter. Most people hadn't even heard of her before she was made PM

So she tool the blame for the inevitable and she lifted the restrictions on immigration of NHS related workers.

To seriously consider the immigration economic migrant issue couldn't have been dealt with by the previous 5 governments is way beyond naive.

Immigration has always been in our economic best interest.

mollag

Kipper restorer
Yes we treated them very badly indeed. We were drug dealers on a simply massive scale, growing opium in India and trading it in China we managed to create an opium addiction epidemic.

When the emperor tried to ban the UK importing opium it resulted in conflict. So Queen Victoria sent in the military to crush the rebellion. Our canon over whelmed them It was a slaughter

The Chinese were then forced to pay reparations????????? for daring to try and stop the British drug lords selling their death into China and we took over Hongkong as part of the deal

The Communist over through of China happened much much later.

I don't know if you ever went to Hongkong? But its a typical example of very very rich areas and very very poor areas. It was the wild west of business. The successful were no doubt deeply concerned about the CCP taking over Hong Kong

The poor? Not so much

but surely only middle class, well to do, financially independent immigrants will apply ? no rif raf will apply------what naivety eh ?

Jaycey

African Refugee
You’ve repeated them often enough and been answered often enough.
Either:
(1) you didn’t understand the replies or
(2) you didn’t like the answers you got.
Which one was it??
Debate is a two-way street. You can’t keep asking questions then say you can’t be bothered to answer the replies that you get…

"Sorry, but watching the mighty Leeds then Liverpool and winning my footie bets before watching the Grand National to gain further winning bets are far more important than responding to you.!!"

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Either:
Which one was it??
Debate is a two-way street. You can’t keep asking questions then say you can’t be bothered to answer the replies that you get…

"Sorry, but watching the mighty Leeds then Liverpool and winning my footie bets before watching the Grand National to gain further winning bets are far more important than responding to you.!!"

Kettle calling the pot black comes to mind.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Kettle calling the pot black comes to mind.
Pointless waste of space comes to my mind. As a rule Mods act in a mature and responsible manner but seems there are exceptions to any rule.
Can you show one example - just one - where I have refused to answer a sensible on topic question or where I have been countered without insult & replied in an offensive manner?
................................................................................................ Listening.png

Last edited:

Mushroom

Pointless waste of space comes to my mind. As a rule Mods act in a mature and responsible manner but seems there are exceptions to any rule.
Can you show one example - just one - where I have refused to answer a sensible on topic question or where I have been countered without insult & replied in an offensive manner?
................................................................................................ View attachment 21732
Is someone getting a bit sensitive?
Relax dear.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
................................................................................................ View attachment 21732

Continue to be disrespectful of any moderator and see what that gets you.

If you don't see the hypocrisy in what you posted that says a lot.

You repeat yourself constantly in the Brexit thread.
1 and 2......you get answers and ignore them aka not understanding or not liking the answer.

Either:

Jaycey

African Refugee
Continue to be disrespectful of any moderator and see what that gets you.
Respect works both ways and sniping at members from on high adds nothing to thread & does little to enhance this Forum.
You repeat yourself constantly in the Brexit thread.....you get answers and ignore them aka not understanding or not liking the answer.
BTW no answer to my question in #109 and while we’re at it how about an example of where I have ignored any question in the Brexit thread?

And it’s not a question of not liking an answer - it’s a question of not agreeing and I always give my reason based on 40 years of international trade.

Respectfully yours JC

Mushroom

You must be right then, with 40 years of International trade behind you??? International bullshit salesman?

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Respect works both ways and sniping at members from on high adds nothing to thread & does little to enhance this Forum.

BTW no answer to my question in #109 and while we’re at it how about an example of where I have ignored any question in the Brexit thread?

And it’s not a question of not liking an answer - it’s a question of not agreeing and I always give my reason based on 40 years of international trade.

Respectfully yours JC

complaints.jpg

Kanga

I thought we were talking about atrocities inflicted on British Prisoners of War? :unsure:
Don't know where you got that! I was responding to the post #87 (as copied below), implying that the Chinese were responsible for Pearl Harbour. I know nothing about the Chinese treatment of Japanese PoWs, but would imagine that there was an equal lack of respect in both nations for any international conventions of the day. I also admit that I didn't know the Chinese fought with Allied troops in WW2, though there may have been a vested interest in siding with Allied forces as they and Japanese have been enemies for centuries.

oldfogy said:
People talk of Humanitarianism, but forget of the ATROCITIES inflicted on British Prisoners of War.
Yes as with all races there are good and bad. but how do you differentiate from one Chinese person to another?
Now that you have mentioned WW2 personally I wouldn't let them in
I have never forgiven them for Pearl Harbor

Last edited: Yesterday at 10:19

PHILIP

Latest Posts

Top Bottom