goldmattymiss

goldmattymiss
Homophobic Trial
Re: case against 4

Hi
I normally never comment on threads like this but feel that I needed to,
I am not sure I quite understand your views, but I feel this is nothing like handing out the Bible or Koran both of those are to do with Religion.
But this is out and out homophobia and I for one am totally against any such
thing and I really hope the majority feel the same .:25:

goldmattymiss

goldmattymiss
Homophobic Trial

I also understand the ref to those books.... but that is too sutle for most
people and I still say this is out and out homophobia ,I supose I should be
grateful that they are not hiding behind the Bible or Koran .

Homophobic Trial

i see the point you are making Charlotte and you are right the other books are just as homophobic..

chelsea boy

Dun Goat Herding!
Homophobic Trial
have they lost the plot

Five Muslim men on trial after 'handing out homophobic leaflets near mosque' | Mail Online

Pope Benedict condemns gay marriage as 'insidious' threat to society | Mail Online

we live in the UK where we hope to provide a safe a free environment for all..... yet the Muslims AND the Catholics have sent out Homophobic messages this week. Are these people living in a time warp? Are they fit for a civilised society?
Both of these religions have sex scandals of their own to deal with and should take their outdated bigotry out of the country!

teosgirl

Homophobic Trial

Whilst the language used by these men was much harsher and more graphic, isn't the ultimate meaning the same as that which is preached in many religions?; If you are actively gay you are considered to be committing a sin - and will burn in hell.

Part of the prosecution case states:
Jury told the 'horrible' leaflets were designed to stir up 'hatred and hostility against homosexual people'

But what about the Popes recent comments? Surely claiming something is a threat to humanity will encourage negative behaviour towards the group that's considered 'a threat'?

Gay marriage is one of several threats to the traditional family unit that undermines 'the future of humanity itself', Pope Benedict XVI warned yesterday.

Read more: Pope Benedict XVI: Gay marriage is a threat to humanity | Mail Online

Charlotte

kibris

Homophobic Trial
Re: have they lost the plot

perhaps they hope it will take peoples eye off the stoning of women and arranged and forced marriages to girls of a very young age not to mention the infamous honour killings and then theres the catholic church,s eternal shame of being rife with paedophile priests and god knows what else they are covering up in the bowels of the vatican

northpole

The Penguin Rules
Homophobic Trial
We live in a civilized country slowly being eroded by minds thinking in the era during the dark ages.They want Britian to be uncivil so they can gain a power like the taliban does in Afganistan.

teosgirl

Homophobic Trial

Hi
I normally never comment on threads like this but feel that I needed to,
I am not sure I quite understand your views, but I feel this is nothing like handing out the Bible or Koran both of those are to do with Religion.
But this is out and out homophobia and I for one am totally against any such
thing and I really hope the majority feel the same .:25:

Thanks for the considered reply. I think the only difference is that one group is legitimised by the state, as a representative of God, while the others are considered extremists.

At the heart of it is the same principle though - religion is homophobic. Doesn't it preach discrimination against gay people? Doesn't it state these people are committing a sin against God?
I really can't see much difference between what these men were doing and what a priest does; obviously the language used in the brochures counts for something, but both still encourage discrimination against gay people.
I personally don't think we should accept this type of bigotry, and I fail to understand how religious leaders can make the statements they do with relative impunity.

In Sharia it is considered a crime, in Islamic states harsh penalties are handed down to those who are actively gay. I wonder what the penalty would be if the UK were governed by religious law? What does the bible say?

Charlotte

goldmattymiss

goldmattymiss
Homophobic Trial

Point Taken, Religion has a lot to answer for but again this to me was diffrent than hiding behind these books it is just out right Homophobia.But I agree totally with what you are saying and it says alot about society today that books which are suppose to enlighten us and lead the way are also used as a tool against those that are diffrent from the Majority.

bickern

Homophobic Trial
I will now put my tin hat on.

What is the basic reason for having sex?

Why did nature (I will stay clear of religion) in its wisdom give humans and animals sex organs?

What would happen if mankind and womankind were all homosexual?

Yes, that is reducing the argument to its simplistic level but hey I am all for simplicity.

I have no problem with what consenting adults do behind closed doors as long as it is legal and I can see no problem in same sex relationships because quite enough of opposite sex relationships are expanding the population as I write.

To take the view of normal behavıour depends on how normal is defined and in our present time if homosexual relationships are not normal they are certainly acceptable.

My take on it is I don't really give a hoot and I judge people on how that person is as an individual, what values they possess and how they relate to others. I am also fairly laid back and don't tend to get over excited on others behaviour because by now I have got used to hearing and seeing what humans do to each other.

If a person finds it hard to understand or come to terms with homosexuality through religion or otherwise then that is their right to do so as long as it is in a peaceful and tolerant manner, when they attempt to incite others into actions that are not tolerant then the law is hopefully there to protect society from them.

chelsea boy

Dun Goat Herding!
Homophobic Trial
Sharia law is increasing in parts of the Uk and if this is a sample of it then it should be stopped immediately. There is only one law in the UK and that is decided by everyone for the benefit of everyone. And religion has to obey these laws as do we......
law and justice for the now..... religion for the hereafter!

Bickern...... what we are now we have evolved into and evolution will not stand still....procreation can be done without the need of sex.
Evolution...live and let live!

skydog

G0B5H1T3
Homophobic Trial
If a person finds it hard to understand or come to terms with homosexuality through religion or otherwise then that is their right to do so as long as it is in a peaceful and tolerant manner, when they attempt to incite others into actions that are not tolerant then the law is hopefully there to protect society from them.

And those 'Religious' laws should not be allowed to interfere with due process.

If you are actively gay you are considered to be committing a sin - and will burn in hell.

Didn't Jesus/Issa (The Son of God or His Prophet however you religious types choose to view it) state:''Let he who is without sin cast the first stone?''

John 8

7 But when they persisted in asking Him, He straightened up, and said to them, “He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 Again He stooped down and wrote on the ground. 9 When they heard it, they began to go out one by one, beginning with the older ones, and He was left alone, and the woman, where she was, in the center of the court. 10 Straightening up, Jesus said to her, “Woman, where are they? Did no one condemn you?” 11 She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “I do not condemn you, either. Go. From now on sin no more.”

skydog

G0B5H1T3
Homophobic Trial
'Hell' is a concoct to frighten the kids and the more gullible into conforming to religious mores and 'god-given' standards. Some of which are decidely sub-standard.

I'll be going there if the god-botherers turn out to be right ;)

And I'll probably be joined there by lots of those god-botherers. :34:

teosgirl

Homophobic Trial
Here we go, I've done a few minutes of research and discovered this:

What does the Bible say about hell? Does it actually exist? Does the Bible say that there are people who will be sent there? Would it even be fair for anyone to be sent to hell? The truth is that those are some very tough questions. Hell is not an easy subject to discuss, because if you ever take much time to think about it you soon realize that the very concept of hell is absolutely terrifying. But considering the fact that Jesus talked about hell more than anyone else in the Bible, we should not be afraid of addressing the subject. The reality is that the Bible does teach that hell exists and that there are people who are there right now.

"You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?"

What Does The Bible Say About Hell?

Same sex marriages, what does the Bible say? • ChristianAnswers.Net

"For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due."
—Romans 1:26-27 (NKJV)

"Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God."
—1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (NKJV)

"Knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine,"
—1 Timothy 1:9-10 (NKJV)

© Jeremiah Films
These three references indicate that homosexual passions and acts are unnatural, shameful, contrary to sound doctrine and deny entrance to the Kingdom of God. This being so they cannot be the basis of a Christian marriage sanctioned by God's Church. The Church exists to save people, not to bless the means of their damnation. No marriage can be sanctioned by the Church if the very basis of the marriage involves acts that put the couple outside of eternal salvation. No matter what our society may legislate, the law of God is clear - that a marriage is not a godly marriage if it is a same sex union.

I would say that this stuff is pretty clear. If you don't 'repent your sins' and stop being Gay (haha can't believe I just typed that!) then, according to the bible, you will go to hell.
If that isn't hate speech and discrimination I don't know what is.

Charlotte

pepperkat

From"Gods Own Country"
Homophobic Trial
I do not have a religion. I believe in treating people on merit, if they are O.K. To me or do not try to interfere with my life, then I am O.K. With them. No matter what their colour, creed, or sexual persuasions. I have seen some of the bigotry aimed at gay men, it is not nice, and in 99.9% of cases the allegations made to them are far from correct. Religion cause far too many problems, and on no account should sharia laws or any religious laws be entertained in any civilised society.

mollag

Kipper restorer
Homophobic Trial

Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers
, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God."[/COLOR]

Wow, thats a large percentage of these Isles heading for the hot place, fornicaters eh, wonder what the definition of them sinners is?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom