yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Holidays in 2022 or 2023
Many have written off this year, I'm still hopeful for my trip to Greece in August but realise hopeful won't be enough.
I'm looking ahead with one booked for June next year and have started looking at a long haul holiday involving cruising for Early 2023 to celebrate my young lady's 21st and her retirement, but whereas I would be happy to book the cruise part of the holiday and look around for flights the usual 11 months prior to the holiday, I don't feel comfortable doing that right now.
Would I be better off going to Whitby ?

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Holidays in 2022 or 2023
Many have written off this year, I'm still hopeful for my trip to Greece in August but realise hopeful won't be enough.
I'm looking ahead with one booked for June next year and have started looking at a long haul holiday involving cruising for Early 2023 to celebrate my young lady's 21st and her retirement, but whereas I would be happy to book the cruise part of the holiday and look around for flights the usual 11 months prior to the holiday, I don't feel comfortable doing that right now.
Goth weekend might suit ?
Steve

Chasey

Holidays in 2022 or 2023
Who knows?

I mean seriously, all it would take is a new variant that immune to the current vaccine and we are screwed all over again. I am struggling to plan for more than a few weeks ahead at the moment. :(

Saoirse

Holidays in 2022 or 2023
I am a spoilt old brat

Have come to that conclusion living between Turkey and Valencia all year

So much so that like all spoilt brats you start to lose appreciation of things like holidays if you are living with sun sea gorgeous surroundings all year round

Confession ends.

enoch

Holidays in 2022 or 2023
North Lakes West Cumbria looking onto a 19 acres of tarn and totally chill out.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Holidays in 2022 or 2023
You could try Barnard Castle area......you seem to already know about the area ;)

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Holidays in 2022 or 2023
5 weeks cruising Australia and New Zealand won the day, just got to plan some where en route the break up the flights both ways, already been to the obvious places but Hong Kong and Bangkok are not as stable as they were, Singapore is ok but ridiculously expensive. Has Whitley Bay got an international airport yet ?

enoch

Holidays in 2022 or 2023
5 weeks cruising Australia and New Zealand won the day, just got to plan some where en route the break up the flights both ways, already been to the obvious places but Hong Kong and Bangkok are not as stable as they were, Singapore is ok but ridiculously expensive. Has Whitley Bay got an international airport yet ?
I hear parten by the sea is nice this time a year, and you can see the isl of man on a clear day.

mollag

Kipper restorer
Holidays in 2022 or 2023
My sister lives on the isle of man, so a great reason to avoid.
Ere! I resemble that remark,---- It has been nigh impossible to access the IOM for 18 months, big border relax on the 28th, most travel, i suspect, will be to the UK by ferry, with GPS's set to Primark. :confused:

Camden

Holidays in 2022 or 2023

Corendon Airlines to launch services at Glasgow Airport

The carrier is set to offer two destinations to Turkey from the Scottish hub, with a total capacity of 50,000 seats

Corendon Airlines is set to make its debut at Glasgow Airport in April next year, offering two direct routes to Antalya and Dalaman in Turkey.

The carrier’s fleet, made up of Boeing 737-800 aircraft, is set to operate the new services.

##
Glasgow Airport
Photo Glasgow Airport

“We are delighted to be able to offer additional capacity to one of our most popular destinations at the same time as welcoming a new airline partner to Glasgow Airport,” said Matt Hazelwood, group commercial director for AGS Airports.

“The new flights to Antalya offer more choice to reach resorts such as Alanya, Side or Belek, while Dalaman opens up renowned resorts such as Marmaris or the picture postcard resort of Oludeniz.”

Mine Aslan, commercial director at Corendon Airlines, added: “We are very excited to expand our flight network with new routes. We have continued to see demand increasing to Antalya and Dalaman from the UK despite the current challenges faced by our industry.

“Our aim in this market is to meet the increased demand for Turkey destinations in the forthcoming seasons as well as to expand to other Mediterranean destinations on the Corendon network.”

Flights to Antalya are planned to run twice-weekly from Glasgow on Mondays and Fridays, with services to Dalaman also running at the same frequency on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

This new agreement is set to provide around 50,000 seats between Scotland and Turkey in 2022.

Kanga

Holidays in 2022 or 2023

Corendon Airlines to launch services at Glasgow Airport

The carrier is set to offer two destinations to Turkey from the Scottish hub, with a total capacity of 50,000 seats

Corendon Airlines is set to make its debut at Glasgow Airport in April next year, offering two direct routes to Antalya and Dalaman in Turkey.

The carrier’s fleet, made up of Boeing 737-800 aircraft, is set to operate the new services.

##
Glasgow Airport
Photo Glasgow Airport

“We are delighted to be able to offer additional capacity to one of our most popular destinations at the same time as welcoming a new airline partner to Glasgow Airport,” said Matt Hazelwood, group commercial director for AGS Airports.

“The new flights to Antalya offer more choice to reach resorts such as Alanya, Side or Belek, while Dalaman opens up renowned resorts such as Marmaris or the picture postcard resort of Oludeniz.”

Mine Aslan, commercial director at Corendon Airlines, added: “We are very excited to expand our flight network with new routes. We have continued to see demand increasing to Antalya and Dalaman from the UK despite the current challenges faced by our industry.

“Our aim in this market is to meet the increased demand for Turkey destinations in the forthcoming seasons as well as to expand to other Mediterranean destinations on the Corendon network.”

Flights to Antalya are planned to run twice-weekly from Glasgow on Mondays and Fridays, with services to Dalaman also running at the same frequency on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

This new agreement is set to provide around 50,000 seats between Scotland and Turkey in 2022.

We flew home from Dalaman to Schipol with Corendon after Thomas Cook went under. More expensive than normal flights but very good service, clean and welcoming, and lots of room on board. I think it's a Dutch airline.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Holidays in 2022 or 2023
Still trying to be positive about next year, hopefully will have 2 good legs to walk on by then without the support of a crutch, in view of the deterioration in her dads health Linsey says its opened her eyes a little, she was thinking of hanging her suit up at the end of next year, giving 6 months notice at the end of June anyway but now she is thinking of calling it a draw in the New Year and finishing around Springtime, we will see, we have 2 trips to the Greek Islands booked next year one being an Easyjet flight change, the other a new booking but both constrained by her work commitments, we like to visit the smaller Islands such as Tilos, we have Halki and Astypalea on the radar but the ferry timetables from Kos can limit the time we can spend there due to getting back for the return flight, without her work commitments this really opens up the possibilities.
Our Early 2023 trip to Australia is was planned to celebrate her retirement and still will be, however I have discovered that Elton John is on in Auckland on his Goodbye Yellow brick Road Tour, whilst he isn't everyone's cup of tea, his live shows are tremendous, the show will be in the couple of weeks before we begin our cruises so it works for us, what doesn't is the paying now and it all getting pulled if Covid or A.N other puts the block on us travelling.
We wouldn't be able to do this if Philip hadn't invested my TLF mods pension at such high rates of return, We will be ever so grateful when we get our cash back.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom