Tjucky

Holiday in Turgutreis?
Hi Everyone,

My name is Stacey and I live and work in Turgutreis

I would like to know who is coming on holiday to Turgutreis this summer!
If you have any questions about Turgutreis I would like to answer them!
I`d like to help you with any questions!

I hope to hear from anyone!
Best wishes,
Stacey

Holiday in Turgutreis?
Hello and welcome to the forum Stacey, Here is the first question for you :- we have an apartment in Yalikavak & have been asked to meet friends of friends who are holidaying for the first time in Turkey. They will be staying at The Agean Dream Resort is that easy to find? we have been to Turgutreis but don't know it well.

Holiday in Turgutreis?
Hi....I would love to make some friends in Turgutreis...if u wanna meet or have a cup of tea, just PM me...:)
Priscila

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Holiday in Turgutreis?
Stacey's actually not a new member. She seems to come on here at the beginning of every holiday season to try to get people to come to her bar in Turgutreis.

I don't want this to come across as putting her down or anything like that but I replied to one of her posts last time and she told me the name of her bar and said to come and say hello - she sounded very nice and friendly.

Myself and three friends did call at her bar which seemed to have a mainly Dutch clientele that evening - I introduced myself to her and just got a kind of lukewarm greeting. We ordered 4 beers and she never came near us to chat so we left - have to say I was a little disappointed after her posts here.

Maybe I just got her on a bad night. I'm not saying the name of the bar as I don't think she pays Mushtaq for advertising :roundgrin

Apologies if I've got you wrong Stacey.

C

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
Holiday in Turgutreis?
miss money penny, Aegean Dream is a little way out of town, walk down to the beach, stand facing it and then walk to your right, you will come to a relatively new promenade, (Sevket Sabanci caddesi) follow this path and you will pass a few hotels, Waterville, Opal, Sar beach, when you get to La Blanche you walk over a sort of a bridge and then pass a small sitesi, the next building is Aegean Dream. sounds complicated but its just a case of following the promenade, its is about a 15 minute walk from Turgutreis

ChrisBobs

Holiday in Turgutreis?
Thanks Babsgood, We will be in a hire car are the directions the same?

Not really as the beachfront is all pedestrian! :roundgrin
When you drive into Turgutreis down the long straight road through 3 ? traffic lights - when you get to the fourth where Migros is on your left and the big mosque is in front of you- turn right at those lights ( around the opticians corner) then head straight for about 2 km or so - signs are up.

Last edited:

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Holiday in Turgutreis?
Hi Everyone,

Best wishes,
Stacey

Stacey - I came to your bar one Saturday last year when my friends and I were at the market -- I am sorry but I introduced myself to you and you were MOST distant towards me !!
I felt very uncomfortable in your bar and you were so obvious that you didnt want to know me !!
I am against you advertising in this back handed manner - Please pay for a banner on TLF if you want to advertise here
So beware folks who think she just wants to make friends - its your custom she wants !

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Holiday in Turgutreis?
Stacey - I came to your bar one Saturday last year when my friends and I were at the market -- I am sorry but I introduced myself to you and you were MOST distant towards me !!
I felt very uncomfortable in your bar and you were so obvious that you didnt want to know me !!
I am against you advertising in this back handed manner - Please pay for a banner on TLF if you want to advertise here
So beware folks who think she just wants to make friends - its your custom she wants !

That's exactly how I found her Luckycat only I couldn't find the right words to express it heheh.

I went out of my way to visit her and introduce myself as I promised I would. It was mildly embarassing as I had told my three friends I needed to call and have a beer in this very friendly TLF members bar.

Ah well, there's nowt so strange as folk.....

C

cadge

Holiday in Turgutreis?
hi everybody,
stacey has the same posting on "Tripadviser" ??????

and her old posts say exactly the same as this new post..........

don,t think we,ll be going to that bar!!!!!

carol x

mollag

Kipper restorer
Holiday in Turgutreis?
Hmmm nothing new with bars/ resteraunts being promoted on the forum, it happens daily so in fairness i will say i have known Stacey and her family for over 5 years, i have no interests in any commercial venture in turkey, including this bar, i still use and will continue to use their bar, never found it to be anything but friendly, it is a busy bar--guess why?
If you check my posts you will find i recommended this bar for its Tuskish lessons, bloody good they were too!

Emy

Holiday in Turgutreis?
Hi Babsgood -
Sorry to question your directions from the Aegean, but I think if you are facing the sea you would turn LEFT (not right) to head into town?
Cheers - Em.

Emy

Holiday in Turgutreis?
Oops! Sorry Babsgood, I obviously need some new specs! I read your post as meaning FROM the Aegean! You are absolutely right, of course, to turn right GOING there!
Em.

kath_52

Holiday in Turgutreis?

Thanks for the heads up. We will be in Turgutreis in May and will be taking a wide berth! Sorry Stacey but no one likes being used.

kath_52

Holiday in Turgutreis?
Hi Everyone,

Best wishes,
Stacey

I am looking forward to holidaying in Turgutreis in May and will be staying at the Aydem Hotel. Does anyone know what it is like? Also can you recommend any Boat Trips? The last time we stayed in Arkyarlar but spent most of the time in Turgutreis so decided to stay there this time.

Also I would like to look at some properties with a view to buying but after reading posts on here have been put off.

Don't know what to do for the best.

Kathy :30:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom